Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 16497 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2021, 10:05:36 pm »

Utzi

A small, confident smile appears on Utzi's face as he looks at the picture of the Erchinlord. "And here I was worried this place would have nothing worth hunting. It is a shame that it's meat is bad, but if it's claws make good weapons, there is at least some good reasons to hunt it, in addition to simply making this place safer."

For a few moments, Utzi thinks about it, stroking his beard appearently in deep thought. "I will gladly hunt this beast if I have a hunting party to go with."

He nods briefly at Friedhold, then glances at Tsubasa. "Has it's threat of making you ill put you off the idea of hunting it?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:11:00 pm by nuclearwhale »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2021, 10:18:57 pm »

Ehto

[]Intervene

She watched in silence, then sighed. Still not releasing the three instances she already held, she stretched an arm out towards Rasma, and a fourth sigil manifested within her shadow. But this one instantly procced, sending black tendrils surging out around the Sparkbaron and quickly wrapping themselves around her arms, legs, and torso. Ehto closed her fist in a completely superfluous motion, and they all went taut, ensuring that Rasma would find it impossible to move any further, or to strike anyone. With that mess temporarily avoided, she melded back into the shade she hid in. Only a moment later her cloaked figure emerged behind Prevus and she approached the scene. Her violet eyes idly glanced back and forth between Rasma and Bludd.

"Sorry to interrupt things, but..." she said, focusing on Rasma "My team kinda needs whatever info they have if we're gonna fix things around here. I'll have to ask you to hold off on any grudges for a good five minutes or so. I'll let you guys get right back to it afterwards, promise."

With that said, she turned to the Boggers, her gaze clearly expectant. "Alright. You said you wanted to talk. I giving you that chance now."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:26:48 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2021, 06:52:18 pm »

Group 1:

Rasma struggles against the tendrils hopelessly, while Prevus nearly falls over from surprise. The Boggers stare at Ehto in confusion. Pock quietly asks, "W-what are you?"

Krikith stares for a second before he re-focuses. "Many of our number have been... corrupted somehow. The Bog is meant to consume and provide redemption. But..." Krikith shudders at the memory. "It's begun to consume and... leave nothing."

"W-what the Hesh do you mean, Bogger?" Rasma asks, still trying to break free.

"Exactly what I said. The Bog consumes, yet it also creates. But now... Glofriam, the high priest... he's... lost his way. Those not loyal to him started disappearing, the creatures of the Bog stopped heeding our commands... When we set out to tell you of the dangers..." The wide brim of his hat dips down, covering Krikith's eyes. "There were twelve of us."

Krikith takes a few tentative steps forward before he produces a crude map that he hands to Ehto, with markings around a certain location deep within the Deep Bog. "You possess strength we do not. Please. Travel there and rid us of this evil."

Prevus looks over at the map and shakes his head. "O-oh, no. No no no - t-that's..."

"The heart of the Bog. But his concerns are correct - this is not a journey that can be made immediately. Do everything that you can to prepare... But please... burn out this evil..."

Rasma, meanwhile continues to regard the Boggers with open hatred. "So what happens now?"

[] Decide what to do with the Boggers
[] Leave and go somewhere else

Group 2 and 3: Hibiki, Sal, Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, Tsubasa

Imiko flinches when Nessa speaks. "H-hold on, what? You're not seriously going to bring her along? S-she's just a young girl - we can't go putting her at risk of getting sliced up or spat on! She can stay here, where the Barons will protect her.

Anyway, I don't have any preference as to how you deal with the murderer - just make sure that they're gone, okay? If you think you two can get the drop on them if you go it alone, do so. Just... be careful, all right? We've lost too many good people already."

Sal smiles. "Don't worry. I know how to get to places unseen."

Imiko turns to Utzi. "And I suppose that means you can take both guards with you to bring down that erchin. Just... try to keep them safe, all right?"

[] Head out to hunt down the murderer
[] Head out to take down the Erchinlord
[] Keep talking with Imiko
[] Leave and head somewhere else
   [] The Last Stand
   [] Wander the area

Group 5: Rory

Rug raises his hands in protest. "Hey, are you comparing seriously comparing my dishes to mold and rats? Even my most adventurous dishes had minor side effects at best! Side effects I've worked on minimizing or removing entirely!"

Gnak puts a hand on his face, seemingly too tired to argue. "I hope so. I was picking splinters out my mouth for the rest of the day after that stew..."

"That's the nature of experimentation. But trust me. This second round will go better."

And that seems to help calm down the two workers - and by extension, the rest of the crowd. In just a few moments, Rug's fired up the kitchen proper, and a smell of something good, like roasted turkey, fills the air.

Orug grins. "Wow, you really have improved."

[] Return to Grout Bog Headquarters and report to Imiko

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2021, 07:28:52 pm »

Ehto

[] Decide what to do with the Boggers... but first ask one important question!

"Well, that depends on you," Ehto said as she finished reading over the map and stowed it away. Looked like her suspicions about the deep swamp had been confirmed. She tossed a brief glance at Rasma then back to Bludd "Did you really murder her friend Khevin? Because either way, she definitely believes you did. I'm gonna turn you over to the Barons no matter what you answer, so if you've got anything to get off your chest now's the time to do it. I'll doubt she'll listen once I release these binds."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »

Utzi
Utzi scoffs as Imiko attempts to coddle the girl. "She's more than old enough for her first hunt of a great beast. I went on my first mammoth hunt around her age, and I killed my first when I was only a little older. It is vital that she learns such skills now, lest she become a burden on the tribe as an adult. I will personally ensure that the beast never even considers attacking her. It will have far bigger concerns to tackle first."
Hunt the Erchinlord

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2021, 08:05:47 pm »

Rory

[]Ask one last question

Pleased with a disaster averted, Rory quietly brought Gnak aside to ask one last question. "Hey, before I go I'm really curious... Why do you have a second person living with you if you think it's not allowed? I mean, you have to have a reason right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2021, 09:02:49 pm »

Tsubasa

The hunter shrugged. There was all sorts of magic flying around in the party and she probably had a better immune system than 99% of the people on Earth. It did give her some pause, but she had little doubt she could power through. If fighting on a broken arm and a sprained ankle wasn't enough to stop her, some cold wasn't going to, either.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2021, 09:05:56 pm »

Hibiki
Hibiki smiles at Imiko, "Right, I guess all that's left is for you to tell us where the hideout is then."
Hunt the Baron murderers.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2021, 01:10:12 am »

Group 1: Ehto

Bludd nods solemnly. "If Rasma is referring to her old colleague... Then I did indeed kill him. The message is delivered, and you know where you must go. If you truly believe I deserve death... Then I shall not resist."

Prevus moves in front of Rasma, waving his hands desperately. "R-Rasma, please. T-this isn't going to help... anything."

"And what am I supposed to do, let him walk away like nothing happened?"

Pock and Krikith glance at one another nervously, clearly thinking about trying to intervene.

[] Decide the fate of the Boggers.
[] Talk to someone first

Group 5: Rory

Gnak looks around nervously. "Uh, just... you know... t-the Barons said he was a low-earner, and what with all that's been happening... I just thought that if they caught him... they'd toss him out or worse..."

The way his ears lie flat against his head makes it painfully obvious this is not why he's sheltering his friend.

[] Inquire further into the matter
[] Just leave and return to Imiko to report in

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2021, 02:48:28 am »

Carlito

Carlito smiled cynically, since even being swallowed through a sieve in spacetime did not preclude certain universalities. Among these, desperate bums getting in over their heads, and warehouses being held up for loot. He chased away his expression as quickly as he could, he did not want to give his mark the impression that he was "goofy". 

"Okay kid, I might be able to do what you're looking for, but you're gonna have to give me more than that. Where are these lil camps of there's? And what am I getting paid? I don't work for gratitude or pro bonos."

[Keep talking to Brill]

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2021, 10:50:28 am »

Group 4: Carlito

Brill sighs. "Of course you don't, gri- stranger. Tell you what, if you can help me get Veep out of there safely, I'll give you 100 Shills. I'm sure Veep will have something else to pay you with for his safety. I-is that acceptable? The camps are near the edge of the Deep Bog - I-I can take you there if you like... Unless you think you can rescue him yourself?"

[] Keep talking to Brill
[] Head to the Spree Camps
   [] Take Brill with you

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2021, 11:07:56 am »

Ehto

[] Decide the fate of the Boggers.

"No, you don't." Ehto answered Rasma's outburst, releasing the woman's binds but placing herself between her and Bludd. "You take them into custody. They've already more or less surrendered. And they've given us valuable information. I think that's more than enough to buy them their lives and a fair trial, however you people do that around here."

She turned to the Boggers. Specifically Pock and Krikith. "You guys are going to come quietly right? Because if you run or try to fight, I've already tagged you the same as I tagged Rasma just now. If you're really serious about helping to stop this threat, then come with us, and tell the big wigs more about what's happened in the heart of the bog directly."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2021, 03:58:54 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa

Friedhold opened his mouth to answer Imiko, only stop and let out a slow irritated sigh as Utzi jumps in and cuts him off.  Nessa on the other hand is entirely unbothered and even thrilled at Utzi's words.
"Really?  You're gonna let me help fight it too?  Yeah!"
"No she will not remain here with you.  But nor will she be fighting either."
Friedhold directed his first comment to Imiko, but allowed the second to be cast more towards Utzi and the child bouncing at his heel.  He adjusted to address Utzi more directly as he continued.
"While Nessa must remain in my presence, she is my responsibility and I cannot risk allowing her to fight directly.  Do you understand?"
"Awww why noooot?"
Friedhold simply blinks slowly for a moment, attempting to ignore the pouting complaint while waiting for Utzi to reply.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2021, 05:15:27 pm »

Utzi looks at Friedhold with an understanding gaze. "Of course. If she hasn't been trained with weapons, which it doesn't appear she has, it would be more likely she hurts herself or one of us with a spear than the Erchinlord. It will take years of practice for her to be able to actually contribute to a hunt. I suggest she start as soon as possible. All that said, seeing a hunt in person will at least let her see what she should be able to grow to do in the coming years, and she may even pick up something of tactics. Besides, I only have one Atl-atl, I couldn't equip her for this fight even if I wanted to."
Utzi leaves the obvious downside of leaving the girl with an unknown tribe of people unspoken, but his eyes occasionally shift over to glance at Imiko warily.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2021, 01:36:40 am »

The monetary offer sent Carlito navel gazing. Obviously, "Shills" were dollars in the local dialect. So: $100. As a bonus, the quarry will "have something else". The indeterminate nature of this reward was unsettling, but it would be a bridge to cross later, the capital reward was the main thing either way.

"Yeah, it'd be best if you took me over there. As you can see, I'm obviously not from round here. Don't really know what I'm doin here except for....eeeh, it's a long story, don't worry bout it." He flicked his hand as if to swat away his backstory. "Let's go get this friend ah yours."

[Head to the Spree Camps] - [Take Brill]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21