Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Okami: Stains upon the canvas (part 2)  (Read 3412 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
[IC] Trespassers v2: Okami: Stains upon the canvas (part 2)
« on: August 11, 2021, 08:55:17 pm »

(OOC)
(First part)

Castle

Like before, the thing that brought a group together for this situation was hard to describe, akin to a tugging at one’s very essence, and like before, the breach that resided in the Throne Hall was smoked with what appeared to be smog. Unlike before, however, the breach didn’t tear itself open once people had approached it, and even showed the world present on the other side: A nighttime view of the Sparrow Inn, coupled with a Shrine Maiden leaning next to the still destroyed front gate, quite clearly fast asleep.

It seemed as though the breach was content to simply wait until people came through this time around, only reacting once someone actually came forward to interact with it. At that point, instead of merely sucking everyone in like the last time, the breach merely brightened, enveloping everyone in a flash of light before quickly dissipating and closing, having successfully grabbed it’s chosen recruits.

Sparrow Inn

In the brief time since their departure, Ako had found herself in a constant state of worry. The Boss, bless his heart, had offered her a free room for the night as thanks for her help with clearing out the Inn of demons, but even though it was tempting, Ako couldn’t sleep while Nippon was still at risk. And she had vowed to stay where she was while the others returned ‘home’ temporarily to reprepare. So, naturally, she ended up pacing for several hours in front of the Inn, and naturally, she also ended up passing out next to the gate, having leaned against it for a short rest before immediately falling asleep.

And clearly, she was rather heavily in her slumber, as she never even flinched when a loud pop rung out in the air as the group suddenly appeared a few feet above the nearby Origin Mirror, staying up there for a few moments before gravity did it’s work.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:01:39 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Okami: Stains upon the canvas (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 11:32:01 am »

Aurora

Aurora had landed much like a cat, really. Mostly thanks to the arachnid legs which erupted from her back to distribute the impact. She let the additional limbs retract as she took in their new surroundings- so this was the world where Mitsurugi's corruption had originated? It seemed oddly... peaceful, for the events she had heard of to be true. But as always, looks could be deceiving.

"Curious architecture..." she remarked of the Inn, before noticing the girl sleeping in the dirt. She turned to Spicy and the others. "I presume this was your earlier guide?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 09:13:39 pm »

Spicy HG wasn't unfamiliar with the feeling of suddenly falling and responded swiftly, a flat disc of flame appearing just about the ground to break her fall and let her stick the landing.  Sure the fall was short enough she could've rolled forward instead and saved the effort, but where would the fun in that have been?
Once on solid ground she turned and nodded to Aurora.
"The same."
She stepped forward to give Ako a tap on the shoulder.
"Wake up Ako, we're back, nap time's over."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 03:52:22 pm »

Spray

Spray did what he always did when he found himself on the ground. He picked himself up, and dusted himself off.

He nodded in response to the spider lady's question, but let the others handle the greeting. He figured he probably wasn't the best person to b doing the talking, after what had happened...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 08:21:34 pm »

Mitsurugi

The goddess floated to the ground with her usual grace, barely disturbing the dust as she landed. Spicy was handling the inattentive shrine maiden, so she turned her attention to their surroundings, pausing briefly to nod in response to Aurora. I shall destroy the threat to this world or the threat to this world shall destroy me. There are no other outcomes permissible. If this is to be Saigai-no-Mitsurugi's final battle, then let it be glorious enough to atone for her failings at last.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 12:20:49 am »

This time, Lexiel sees no reason to subject herself to the whims of the portal, not when she already knows the way.  She focuses mana inward to fuel her Spark, and steps into the Blind Eternities, following the familiar sensations and the threads of her contract with Ako before tearing the veil between worlds once more, just long enough to step through onto solid ground.  "It is time, I believe, to finish what we started."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 06:57:36 pm »

Sparrow Inn

In a blatant twist from her peaceful nap, Ako reacted very quickly to Spicy's tap, jolting awake, "H-Huh, I wasn't- Oh, ahem, you're back" she said, going through several emotions (mainly panic) within a few seconds before properly realizing who was in front of her, managing to rise to her feat rather quickly thanks to her swift wakeup, "My apologies, I was just, uhm... Waiting for you all to get back so we could..." the shrine maiden continued, trailing off as she began glancing between each individual in front of her before ultimately landing on one of the new faces: Specifically, Aurora's, "Oh, I see you brought someone else to help this time. I am Yamashita Ako, a Shrine Maiden in service of Amaterasu. It's a pleasure to meet you" Ako greeted with expected politeness, giving the Life Goddess a short bow.
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 02:29:45 pm »

Aurora

"Likewise, dear. I am Aurora," Aurora said with a short nod, "now, I understand you have a demon problem yes? I've been filled in on the most important bits already, so we can hop to it... though I am curious, is your mistress available? I have a few questions to ask her about this, should the chance arise."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 06:38:19 pm »

Edmond, having not in fact been to this place before, and rather surprised by the fact that the others seemed familiar with it, remained silent for the time being. Mostly silent, save for scrambling back to his feet after the drop. He hadn't had the forethought to activate the thrusters on his power armor.

It seemed apparent that, despite Aurora also being new to this situation, she was somewhat more aware of the situation. Odd.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 08:38:02 pm »

"I will not begrudge you rest when I have taken it myself. The time for that, however, is ended." Aurora had asked about Amaterasu's presence, and so her questioning was unnecessary, impatient as the goddess felt. "I am prepared to destroy the rest of the threats to this land, once and for all, and I hope you are as well."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 03:43:32 pm »

Sparrow Inn

“I… No, not at the moment. I’ve tried to gain contact with Amaterasu, but I haven’t had any luck. I doubt it has anything to do with interference though, I would know. It’s more likely that Amaterasu is too busy to divide her attention” Ako stated, giving a slight bow of apology before turning to Mitsu, “Yes, I’ve been doing my best to figure out where the remaining demons are while you were away. The Ikuchi seems to have moved away from Ryoshama Coast from what I can tell, and I haven’t been able to pinpoint where it is just yet, but I'm fairly certain the Shinigami is near Kamiki, which is, conveniently, close to where the Moon Cave is. Since we’ve taken out two of the demons powering the seal, defeating one more should make it possible for me to dispel it myself.”
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:09:53 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2021, 06:54:32 pm »

Mitsurugi gave a slight nod of acknowledgement to the miko. "Then we should pursue this shinigami at once. The Ikuchi can be eliminated once the larger threat is dealt with." Time was of the utmost essence here. For this place, and for herself, if what had happened last time was any indication. The more battles she found herself in, the greater the risk of losing herself would be. I must simply vanquish Orochi. That will prove who and what I am, once and for all.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 05:15:29 pm »

Sparrow Inn

Giving Mitsu a nod of agreement, Ako clapped her hands together, “I agree. I’m all prepared to go, so let’s be off” she said, forcing a slight perk in her step as she went off, leading the group away from the Sparrow Inn and back into the sprawling Taka Pass, the bright moon keeping the path easily visible for them all. Though they could occasionally spot several Imps lurking on the sides of the roads, the lesser demons quickly scattered as the group approached, likely taking notice of the several divine presences within them. Overall, with the calm night sky and peaceful ambience, it was a rather enjoyable nightly walk for most.

Agata Forest

Eventually, however, their path led them to a place unlike the Pass they had just gone through. Crossing a single bridge that went over a raging river, the Shrine Maiden led the group to what appeared to be a flooded forest, impossibly large and thick trees blocking view of the night sky as they rested upon individual pockets of land, with their path branching out, right before the lake ahead sharply dropped into a large waterfall. As per usual, the natural beauty of the land was undeniable, but at the same time, there was still a slight, unnatural chill in the air, like a bad omen on the wind.

“I come through this pass every year, yet every time I swear the forest gets bigger” Ako commented as she took a slight step off the path, overlooking the waterfall before them, “Agata Forest is a pretty big place, but thankfully the path is relatively straightforward and leads right to Shinshu, which lies between Kamiki Village and the Moon Cave.”
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 04:40:35 pm »

Aurora
"You said the creature was operating somewhere near this area, yes?" Aurora asked the shrine maiden as she surveyed the primeval forest around them. She'd viewed plenty of them over the ages, but never one that was quite so marshy as this. It looked as though entire swaths of the footpaths were buried beneath rushing waves in certain areas. The chaotic twists and turns of it all almost reminded her of the veins and arteries of a living creature. "Any idea how that's been affecting the village? Has anyone there begun having strange dreams, visions, acting strangely? And something about this forest feels... unnatural. You said it keeps expanding? How quickly?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 09:06:09 pm »

Mitsurugi

"I suspect that is the fell influence of the dark god attempting to awaken. I would not concern yourself with the growth of the forest; there may be some malign spirit responsible, or there may not be, but none compare to the threat we currently face." The goddess took several steps toward the waterfall, contemplating whether she should fly over it to get a better look.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4