Author Topic: SEX!  (Read 5320 times)

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: SEX!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 07:39:00 pm »

This makes me wonder: Will we ever get sex in adv. mode?
On one tentacle it would be rather realistic and needed for some other features, but on the other it would be loserific...

But the most important thing is:
Will we have pick up lines from LCS? It would be hilariously horrible...

Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 04:44:00 am »

You mean intercourse?  It's already there in a practical sense.  Babies get made.  It's just kind of an American version right now.

Depiction of destroying life.   :)

What do people think about my idea of having some sort of naturalism skill though?  I don't want to drive my thread off topic, but I do want to have an adventurer with a horde of adorable war kittens.

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 05:41:00 am »

You just need to be able to pick up small animals that still classify as large animals (sounds strange, but it means non-vermin).  I mean, it seems perfectly natural for a giant to be able to pick up a dwarf and hurl him into a wallk or a lake, instead of only being able to do that with moderately large cockroaches.

As for sex, well...  We all want it, but we don't want anybody to know we want it.  It doesn't need to be in the full game, but the ability to mod it in at our own desire seems quite...  Well, y'know...

In the meantime, I might have to seriously start considering actually making that "Battle of the Sexes" mod I was thinking about.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

Must... avoid.. 'pierced through'.. joke.. nggh! Damn your eyes!
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:20:00 am »

Don't avoid it.  Hell, I added it as a freakin' attack.  Primary, even.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 08:41:00 am »

Well, Bonobos are known for... fencing, and they're in the game, apparently.  Though I've never seen one myself.

Anyway, the inclusion of sex doesn't actually have to be anything involved.  Allot of games include sex as a fade to black time cut.  I'm sure Toady can think of some sort of equivalent.  It would be so cool to see the decedents of one of your adventurers.  Or even better, adventure with your character's offspring.

Well I suppose it was only a matter of time before we ran out of things to say about the original topic.  But I haven't forgotten about it.  I'd still like an indication of the sex of creatures in adventure mode.  It seems like it'll be allot more important with the latest update.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>And their oppressors join together into a dystopian society where everyone treats everybody else like crap.   :D</STRONG>

Why would I want that in a fantasy simulation?  I already live in 21st-century Britain  ;)

In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fishersalwaysdie:
<STRONG>
Will we have pick up lines from LCS? It would be hilariously horrible...</STRONG>

"Do you work for the post office?  Because I could've sworn you were checking out my package."
Peasant bites you in the head!
It is mangled!
Peasant shakes you around by the head!
Your head comes off in her mouth.
You have been struck down.
Peasant spits out Phillip de la Cruz's head.

Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 10:28:00 am »

Y'know, Baldur's Gate 2:SoA had sex in it.  It never showed anything, of course (except for the camping cutscene, showing a tent at night next to a cozy fire...  Even if you were at an inn), but it was definitely there.

And if sex does get into DF, the ability to see the little gender icon in adventure mode would be much more important.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>You just need to be able to pick up small animals that still classify as large animals (sounds strange, but it means non-vermin).  I mean, it seems perfectly natural for a giant to be able to pick up a dwarf and hurl him into a wallk or a lake, instead of only being able to do that with moderately large cockroaches.</STRONG>

Heck yeah! And you could have a superdwarvenly strong fortress guard pick up a kitten and hurl it at an enemy. Imagine a ball of fangs and claws, incensed at being flung, impacting a goblin in the FACE. "AUGH GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF!!!" "MEOW!!!"

(Note: I specified superdwarvenly strong because my initial idea was throwing a war dog, decked out in canine plate and spiky collar, who could eat face. But a kitten was a much more snicker-inducing mental image.)

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

And hey, if you ever played King(or Queen) Kong you'd need to know the NPCs sex before you kidnapped one.  :D

Pages: 1 [2]