Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 15363 times)

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 01:58:27 am »

Cicivexa found his mechanical flesh covered in a convincing façade with only a few joints and seams barely noticeable that could give it away.  His face shifts to resemble more traditionally human features, losing the pointed ears specifically.  His mask is reduced to a pair of glasses with a needlessly complex white mechanical  frame.  His wizard's hat is replaced with a Panama hat and his wizard's garb with a long blue and white tie-dyed shirt and bellbottom pants.  His Stardust Rod resembles a walking cane.

Just as the first few party members round the first corner of the building they see a cellar door leading under the house and a group of four young people and their dog also rounding the corner on the other side.  The blonde broad-shouldered of the two boys that was leading starts to ask the obvious question of "Who are you?" when there's a bright flash of lightning and immediate thunderclap.  The air is still and the sound of rain and hail hitting the nearby metal barn roof starts becoming more and more deafening.
"I guess it doesn't matter, come on before the storm hits."
He flips the latch on the cellar and lifts the door with a grunt, holding it open for everyone to rush inside.  There is an awkward silence once the door is closed and the rain starts beating on it from outside.  A few candles are lit despite the apparent lightbulbs in the cellar.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 02:08:18 am »

"I am Alexandria," The ostentatiously disguised android introduces herself, glittering faintly in the candlelight, "We have come here for...  I suppose we're not entirely certain as of yet.  Investigation will need to be done.  I don't suppose you are aware of any suspicious activity aside from ourselves in this area?  People, animals, or objects acting strangely or out of character, supernatural phenomena, beings who look like they belong in a storybook...?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 08:17:29 pm »

Arturia stumbled through the portal, something about the transition disorienting the knight. She nearly plowed facefirst into Cicivexa, but managed to narrowly weave around the shorter. . . man? She heard a vaguely familiar voice and headed around the corner to find something that looked like a retro fashion party composed of the rest of the group. "Uh. Hi."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 09:32:28 pm »

Arturia found herself wearing drastically different clothes as well.  A light, blue sweater on top with a skirt in a few tones of lighter and darker blue diagonal plaid.  Her hair was unchanged, though she could feel a headband pressing against the top of her head.  She notices a pin of a tiny sword over her left breast poking through her sweater.
Something was...missing.

The young man blinks a few times at Alexandria and hesitates only to be cut off before he can speak by a shortish girl in an orange sweater and skirt.
"Odd, we're here for the same reason."
"I got a weird letter and we came to investigate it, apparently I had a great uncle who left me this house after he died.  I'm Fred, that's Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, and Scooby-doo."
He gestures to each of the gang while introducing them.
"We haven't seen anything strange yet, but the postwoman said something about rumors of foul play."
By the hands of power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2021, 10:34:15 pm »

Dani nods, they clearly had just got there as well so them being clueless made sense. But just to be safe, Dani took a look around with his soul perception. There was a bit of a group here but if there was anything fishy he'd probably catch it. Seeing this, Joan spoke for him.
"Well, if there's something fishy going on Dani here'll probably catch on fast. He's studying to be a detective." The weapon finished with a rather lame excuse, which likely wasn't needed. She quickly follows it up though, "My name is Joan by the way."

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2021, 11:50:22 pm »

The mage shook off his headache and approached the group, gripping his cane by the side. "The name is Cicivexa Vivivexa. I get the premonition that my full list of titles would be wasted on you." He still took the time to list a few in his head, however: Adventurer, interdimensional traveler, one of the last remaining adherents of Black Magic, ostensibly the chosen of the twin gods Nald'thal, slayer of several high-ranking voidsent, and Toa of Ice.

"What do know of this estate? Is there anything you can tell us of this great uncle of yours?"
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2021, 06:20:08 am »

Dani's perception reveals disappointingly little.  Fred and the two girls seem to be fairly normal, Shaggy's soul is a bit foggy and muddled but not unusual, and curiously Scooby-Doo has a soul more like a person than an animal.
At that moment thunder shook the house and the cellar door shuddered, red-brown dust seeps in around the corners.
Scooby's ears go flat and his tail falls as he rushes behind Shaggy.
"Rut ro."
"Zoinks Scoob, it's just a storm."
"Actually, has anyone else noticed anything suspicious about the storm?"

Fred looks at Cicivexa to address his question.
"That's the thing, I hadn't even heard about him or this house before I was told I just...own it now I guess.  Apparently he died and was found out in their field surrounded by burnt ground.   It was ruled heart attack by lightning strike."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:56:11 am by StormLord »
By the hands of power.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2021, 06:50:51 am »

Liliya leaned against one of the cellar walls before realizing it'd probably get her new outfit a bit dirtied, at which point she pulled back, standing up straight.

"Well there were some streaks of light in the storm. Ain't sure if they were lightning, but there were a lot of weird colors, lightning or not. Death by lightning. . . sure glad we got inside." She gave a chuckle, with little to no worry apparent. She was mostly just amused. It was a pretty wacky way to die after all.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2021, 08:24:59 am »

Osada

"Not only that, but it was moving pretty quickly for a storm. Then again, nature can be a fickle thing" Osada commented as he ran a hand along the cellar wall, seeing just how much dust had accumulated on it before quickly shaking whatever remained off, "Name's Osada. Pleasure to meet you all."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2021, 10:02:42 am »

Lyra

The contractor frowned, looking up at the sky. She was still pretty unfamiliar with terrestrial weather, and didn't know how well a house would protect them from a storm strong enough to cause heart attacks. "So, besides the storm and the sudden appearance of this uncle, have you noticed anything odd about the property?" As she was asking, Lyra was scanning the room for anything out of the ordinary - besides the occupants, that is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2021, 11:56:02 am »

Arturia

"Isn't that a classic scam setup?" She frowned. "Of course, they usually try to get bank information out of you instead of just sending you to a house." She belatedly realized that she'd missed a step that the others had gone through. "I'm. . ." The knight trailed off, idly patting at first her head, then her chest, investigating the changes that traveling here had apparently inflicted as she searched for a way to introduce herself without giving her name or sounding too odd to whoever these people were. Fuck it, who cares if it's weird. "Just call me Martyr."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2021, 02:39:15 pm »

"You might be onto something..." Cicivexa wasn't a stranger to unusual weather, so he could accept the locals' indifference to the multicolored sky. But this 'scam', or perhaps a lure instead, was something worth pressing. "Tell us about yourself then. Is there anyone you've made an enemy of in the past? Anyone who would want you gone?"
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2021, 10:08:28 am »

"Like that was a meteor shower we were watching.
I couldn'ttell you why they were that color though."

Velma points out at Osada sharply.
"Right!   But there wasn't any wind, and all this dust it's kicking in...hmm"
She took a swipe of the dust and rubbed it between her fingers, contemplating things.

"Aside from it giving me the Creeps?  It's empty,
boring, and I'm shocked it's got power because there isn't any running water."

"Huh I guess I hadn'tthoughtit could be a scam.
I guess you could be right, but why?  They haven't stolen anything. "

He reached back and scratched his head sheepishly at Cicivexa's question.
"Oh umm well we're private investigators, sort of, but successful ones.  Oh man there are probablya bunch of old not-rich-anymore guys in prison that have it out for us."

The house above groaned and creaked, then the pattering of hail slowed and stopped.  A few seconds pass and Shaggy eyes the door.
"Maaan you thing it's actually over or just trying to fake us out?"
By the hands of power.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2021, 06:28:36 pm »

"Well you might want to start privately investigating the house. Who knows what kind of mess someone might be planning." Liliya fidgeted not really sure what to do next. Something was a bit odd, even with these people though, not just the house and storm.

"Not knocking the hospitality, but. . . why're we in the basement, instead of, you know, anywhere else in the house?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2021, 07:45:46 pm »

Lyra sighed as the storm cleared. She knew it probably wasn't right of her to hide from a storm considering who she now worked for, but something about this one... definitely seemed wrong. And besides, she wasn't sure that dodging a storm of blades was anything like dodging a lightning strike. At any rate, the other lady was right. Wouldn't help anything to just sit in the basement. They had a house to investigate.

"Well, I'm gonna go check outside first, just in case. I'll holler if it's clear." With that, Lyra walks past Shaggy and through the door, checking outside to see if the storm had stopped or not. "I'm Lyra, by the way."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19