Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: ZENDRAKIEL the RESPLENDENT!  (Read 11754 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: ZENDRAKIEL the RESPLENDENT!
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2022, 07:56:37 pm »

"One more thing," you add, before Trovan can turn to leave. "I have taken five pirates alive— they work for me now, maimed according to Ræbbegotten law. If Gæginas wants them back, I will expect him to pay ransom."

"You assume much of my commander," smirks Trovan. "Still, I'll pass the message on. Perhaps he'll be gracious."

The pirate proffers some parting pleasantries, then follows Ervin outside. Somewhere in the rooms behind you, a guard forces your captives back to the logyard.

1251 AD, Early Summer

Mackerel season! Merchant caravans roll again into New Codhollow, to trade for fresh fish.

A) Schmooze!
B) Sleep.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2022, 08:23:11 pm »

Hmn...

On the one hand, being a fish salesdragon is almost certainly below us.
On the other hand, it would likely be more profitable than not being a fish salesdragon.

The question is this: does the allure of treasure trump pride?

...yes, yes it does. A
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2022, 08:28:03 pm »

A

We can rest when we have an absurd pile of shiny objects to rest on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2022, 09:49:56 pm »

We may not be willing to completely throw away our morals for money but we sure are willing to throw away our pride.
A

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2022, 10:56:13 pm »

B

Are we willing to throw away our pride?  After all we're a pride dragon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2022, 12:57:20 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2022, 12:59:41 am »

B

Are we willing to throw away our pride?  After all we're a pride dragon.
We are more of a show off S P L E N D O R Dragon than a pride dragon (as evident for how much we are bending over trying to work with the humans) so technically as long as we act fancy and pompous enough this is completely in character.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2022, 01:14:50 am »

Yeah, it's not a strong objection.

Other than I do want a new palace.  And a decent army eventually.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2022, 01:50:56 am »

But dragons need beautyterrifying presence sleep.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 26, 2022, 03:38:56 pm »

You schmooze!

The week is a fantastic success!

Remembering Dokker the fisherman's enthusiasm for you at last fall's smoking-festival, you summon him to make introductions. He deftly sets the newcomers among the merchants at ease, leaving you free to do what you do best: charm! You regale the caravan-folk with your adventures at Castle Grebbish, fire and fear in defense of the northern front— you send flames gouting upward at the climax, to gasps and applause from your audience. One merchant, you learn, has a brother in Grebbish who survived the battle. He weeps with joy as you reenact your triumphant roar on the castle tower.

Business is excellent, and you even score some pricey gifts for your HOARD!  As the merchants pack up at week's end, you congratulate yourself for your dazzling performance.

1251 AD, Summer

"A letter, lady ZENDRAKIEL," says Myrre, waking you with her entrance. She looks a bit pale. "From the emperor."
The priestess passes the scroll to Lucias with unsteady hands. Lucias carefully cuts the royal seal, unrolls the scroll, and reads:

Usurper ZENDRAKIEL of New Codhollow, Port City of the Province of Laam:

Your violent ascent to power in our lands has not escaped the throne's notice, but neither have your gestures of goodwill fallen from consideration. We have sought confirmation of your claims to service, and have found such in the testimony of one Rudric of Gost, Captain of Fifteen Score in the northeastern armies. In recognition of your deeds in the town of Grebbish, we have seen fit, therefore, to grant you the title of "Baroness." We are preparing a delegation to appoint you as such, and until you are given the baronal signet, we extend authority over the New Codhollow barony to you in an honorary capacity.

Additionally, we extend our sympathies for the recent instances of piracy against your city. It is meet that the Arran shores be better guarded against such travesties: therefore, in addition to the delegation for the appointment of a barony, we are sending a force of eighteen-score to fortify New Codhollow and the hamlets immediately surrounding. This force will submit to your command for such time as you have need of them, in defense of the crown's territories.

You may expect our delegation to arrive in the fall, alongside the brave soldiers of Ræbbegott. Until that time, we extend our regards, and express trust in your own service,

Lord PALINA of Laam
in the capacity of HIS MIGHTINESS MERRAS IV
EMPEROR-KING OF RAEBEGOTT

Your secretary sets the letter down, and looks to you with raised brows. You offer the wide-eyed priestess some words of congratulation, and she departs for the morning supplications to Orrom.

1251 AD, Late Summer

Again the five pirate captives cower before your dais, flanked by guards. For some reason, Myrre has chosen to join them.

"They have done all that we demand of them," says Ervin, "and done it well. Our boats and houses are mended and rebuilt. What would you have us do with them?"

"With respect, my lady," says Myrre, startling the guardcaptain, "I have been teaching these unfortunates in the ways of Orrom Fish-god. They have taken well to his teachings, and serve us with patience and respect. I ask mercy for them!"

Lucias says nothing. From his desk in the back of the room, however, he eyes the prisoners with open distaste.

A) Release them!
B) Teach them in some craft!
C) Find petty labor for them, since the rebuilding is done!
D) Jail them!

Pondering your options, you glance to the petty hole in front of your dais. It's about twelve feet deep so far.
E) Put them to work in the pit!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 04:04:57 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2022, 03:55:30 pm »

B
Listen, it makes them useful, and people who can do a productive and fulfilling job are less likely to make problems later.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 26, 2022, 04:00:08 pm »

B. I'd prefer to release them as well, and let them choose to join the village if they want, but you guys did try to ransom them.

Also, Superdorf, you said five before. Did another one hatch? :P

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 26, 2022, 04:04:32 pm »

oh shoot you're right, I forgot y'all disembowelled one
fix'd  :-X

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 26, 2022, 04:06:57 pm »

AB
They are free to do as they wish. Be it rejoining with their pirate lord, or learning a tradecraft and making a life here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2022, 04:07:41 pm »

I also think it might be prudent to remind Lucias that our resplendent mercy is why he still has a village to live in in the first place. Would he prefer the kind of dragon overlord who thinks nothing of eating the occasional peasant maiden? These pirates have suffered for their bad choices, and they have made themselves useful to us. Surely, if they are willing to lead upstanding lives, there's no reason not to allow them.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22