Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Operation Suvorov: Turn 2  (Read 1637 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Suvorov: Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 09:32:19 pm »

The gun I'm seeing you have is ridiculous large, like large enough you need to have several people move it and carry ammo for it, as well as the time to position and set-up the AM Rifle, you'd also want to be firing it prone to not break your arms. The point is I'm trying to say your weapon is extremely unwieldy for one person, but whatever
The Boys ATR? No way. It's bulky, but definitely man-portable. It's under 40lbs, which is nothing. Firing it unsupported probably hurts a lot but wouldn't break his arms, and he can brace it.
Ok fine, it seems reasonable to wield and move around with by a single person but it's definitely less manueverable and requires more set-up time than a sniper rifle. One option in the armory was confusing, the Browing-Johnson which was supposed to be around the Browning 1919, a support weapon and seems like it would be unwieldy to the person using it, but it could also be talking about the M1941 Johnson which is a much more lightweight gun in comparison

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »

The gun I'm seeing you have is ridiculous large, like large enough you need to have several people move it and carry ammo for it, as well as the time to position and set-up the AM Rifle, you'd also want to be firing it prone to not break your arms. The point is I'm trying to say your weapon is extremely unwieldy for one person, but whatever
The Boys ATR? No way. It's bulky, but definitely man-portable. It's under 40lbs, which is nothing. Firing it unsupported probably hurts a lot but wouldn't break his arms, and he can brace it.
Ok fine, it seems reasonable to wield and move around with by a single person but it's definitely less manueverable and requires more set-up time than a sniper rifle. One option in the armory was confusing, the Browing-Johnson which was supposed to be around the Browning 1919, a support weapon and seems like it would be unwieldy to the person using it, but it could also be talking about the M1941 Johnson which is a much more lightweight gun in comparison
This is much of the point of using my first turn to basically set up a spot to fire from as well as the Focus accolade. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 03:56:01 am »

"Oh god I think I'm dying, I NEED A MEDIC!"
Call for a medic, and try to shoot the machine gunner from whatever I'm using as cover.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 09:44:48 am »

? Shoots any immediate threats and formulates a spell for providing cover.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Suvorov: Turn 2
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:45 pm »

((Hey guys, sorry. Been both busy and not feeling the bestest. I feel bad for not getting this out sooner. I’ll also try to have a map to use as reference for you guys.))

TURN 2

LC 04

"Oh god I think I'm dying, I NEED A MEDIC!"
Call for a medic, and try to shoot the machine gunner from whatever I'm using as cover.

The seriously wounded private Boberson calls for a medic. [17-3=14] Much to the surprise of the young lad, a young field medic leaps forth. He bandages the worst of the wounds and gives a shot of morphine to Boberson. [Pain 3 => Pain 1. Add Morphine High].
   Having taken care of another patient, the call of another wounded soldier draws the medic away to do his job once more. Boberson’s ankle is still FUBAR. He decides to shoot back at the MGs that shot him up.
   [16-1-5=10][10-1=9. 5<9<18] Private Boberson takes aim, not particularly caring whether he hit anyone or not, since he’s basically blind. Firing, he hits the bunker! But nobody was harmed, so there was ultimately no effect.
   [14] The gunners are too busy to care at the present moment. The shot goes unpunished.

I have an anti-tank rifle. I'd shoot the gunner, but why do that when I can shoot their gun?
(That means shoot the gun, so we're clear. Hopefully it can be rendered useless!)

Throwing himself into the craft of ending people from far far away, Private Shine aims his focus on the gun of the gunner. [20+1=21][20][6927] Being that the round being fired is meant to take out tanks, the gun that was hit was never going to be a match for Shine’s gun. Nor was the gunner attached. Nor was the officer, nor loader, nor the other guy who was just standing by.
   Unsurprisingly, Pvt Shine is knocked off his feet, where he is then hit by a wave that carries him further inland. [Location Updated! Landing Proper]
   [5] The shot drew the attention of the other MG in the sector. It opens up, [8][4] Causing some minor bullet wounds in his lower abdomen. Nothing too serious, though. [Pain 1 Gained]

Spoiler: Boberson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Moonshine (click to show/hide)

LC 04 Remaining Manpower: 26

LC 03

Crawl for cover! Crawl for cover!! CRAWL FOR COVER!!!!!

[15] Panicked by the deaths of those he had gotten to know over the last few weeks, Pvt McGee crawls forward, enduring the hail of bullets over the top of him as others behind get shredded. He holes up behind a hedgehog.
   [4] Unluckily for the young soldier, the machine gun moved its point of aim to around the tank trap, one bullet sinking into McGee’s right calf. [6][6] Fortunately for McGee, the bullet shot into his right leg was enchanted by a priest. It was supposed to make it explode on impact, but the rite was performed wrong. Now, McGee feels 10 feet tall and bulletproof![3] [Gained Status effect: Bullet Proof 3(Cannot be killed for 1d6 turns)]

? Shoots any immediate threats and formulates a spell for providing cover.

[19-1=18] The unknown marine fires his Shotgun directly at the bluff. At 1000 yards away, the spread is too great to have any targeted effect, but 2 German soldiers would die from this attack.
   [6017] The spell formulated appears to have failed. About 15 pounds of sand from a 15 foot radius ((I’m not certain who the target was, so I’m gonna assume sand)) is flung across the beach. [17] The sand hits an unwary german as it continues its path inland, carrying the screaming kraut away.
   [8][1][5] A gunner takes aim at ? and fires a volley. It merely grazes the lucky marine’s head, doing no damage, except to crave a bald path through his hair.

Spoiler: McGee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ? (click to show/hide)

LC 03 Remaining Manpower: 22

LC 01

Keep pushing foward towards the Machine Gun nests, sprinting from cover to cover while taking pot shots when George sees an opening against the gunners. (My thinking is the artillery is going to bomb the landing vessels)

[14] The first cover George hits is a damaged hedgehog. He aims up at the bluff, but it’s just too far to make out anything real. Still, he lines up the shot aaaand [20-1=19] Hits the loader for one of the MGs in the chest. He dies pretty quickly.
   [5-1] The next cover is cut short by a quick burst from that MG. [4][3] He is hit in the left foot, taking it off his body, entirely. [Add pain 1 => Pain 2. Gained Crippled Leg][Location Updated! Landing Proper]

"Great job, guy! Keep it up!"
Join the shooting at the bad mans!

“Great job, guy! Keep it up!” Says the LT to the sergeant medic picking people up and stuff.
   “Can do, sir!”
   Taking aim at the bluff, young LT Bro fires his rifle in the hopes of hitting the bad mans. [18] The first round kills an infantryman in a forward defensive trench who had popped his head up to observe the battle.
   [8][6][4] Bro is hit in the left leg by machine gun fire. The damage is minimal. [Pain 1 gained]

Spoiler: Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bro (click to show/hide)

LC 01 Remaining Manpower: 26

The Artillery is reloaded. It aims now.

Initial Manpower: 2443
Players Killed: 0
Deaths from Infantry: -4
Deaths from Machineguns: -3
Deaths from Artillery: 0
Total Deaths this turn: -7
Remaining Manpower: 2436

Remaining Defenses: 4 MG Bunkers, 14 MG Nests, 5 Artillery Bunkers, 4 Command Bunkers, 1 High Command Bunker, 1 Bunker with Beach Overlook

END TURN 2

((Map added to first post in this thread))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 09:02:25 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 09:34:01 pm »

(Jesus Christ XD)

Well, I had to move anyway, so let's take some new cover and try to get a bead on another bunker. Maybe one of the artillery bunkers?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2021, 01:56:22 am »

[6][6] Fortunately for McGee, the bullet shot into his right leg was enchanted by a priest. It was supposed to make it explode on impact, but the rite was performed wrong. Now, McGee feels 10 feet tall and bulletproof![3] [Gained Status effect: Bullet Proof 3(Cannot be killed for 1d6 turns)]
(Holy shit)
Filled with adrenaline and the shock of what just happened McGee starts to laugh "Hahahaha holy fuck Hahahaha oh lord this must be divine intervention! Hahahahaha im never skipping church again!" After calming down from his laughter and wiping away his tears Mcgee emboldened by his assumingly divine immunity to bullets gives off a quick prayer before rushing forward closer to the frontlines! Run out of cover and get as close to the frontlines as possible then start firing at the enemy!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 02:11:26 am by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2021, 02:27:16 am »

Start crawling towards the bunker and when I think I'm in a good spot start shooting whatever I see moving inside it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2021, 05:24:51 pm »

? ascends to Eldritch godhood.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 02:16:50 am »

Hey, I got sick for the last several days too! I infer it must have been your fault and this game is contagious.

Try to get further forward without too much exposure. Where opportunities arise, spray and pray (literally) to hit something important.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 09:39:53 pm »

Limp forward towards the machine gun nests and then George utilizes a magical incantation to force his body to repidly regenerate his wounds!
Pages: 1 [2]