Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Signal Intelligence (player needed for a new game)  (Read 4302 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Signal Intelligence (player needed for a new game)
« on: August 16, 2021, 04:39:22 am »

For this game I will need exactly four players.
Players are divided into two teams of two. Each team is given a "cypher" of four words (via PM from the gamemaster).
Each turn one member of the team get's a 3 digit message to transmit to their teammate. This is done in thread (in fact there shoud be no PM communication at all between players, whether teammates or enemies.) In order to do this stealthily the should somehow hint at the cypher words. The other team gets one attempt to decode this cryptogram, by guessing what the message might be. Once they fail, the teammate must correctly decode the message in thread . Next turn the teams switch.
The game ends when either a team manages to decode the opponent's message twice (in victory for that team) or decodes their own cryptogram incorrectly twice (in loss for that team and victory for their opponents.)

Example:
Team A has the words "pig" "toaster" "cup" "engine". The message to transmit is "4,2,1". a player might post the words "car, bread, pink". Their opponents guess that the message might be 1,2,3. This is wrong, so the other player on team A gets to decode. She says "4,2,1". The gamemaster than confirms that the message is correct.
Now it's Team B's turn. They have the words "post", "jail", "security", "apple". The message is "2,1,3". So the player says "convict mails a passport". Their opponents guess the message might be 4,3,2. This is wrong, so the other player on team B decodes the message to be "3,1,4" this is also wrong, so team B is halfway to a loss.

Players:
Maximum Spin
IronyOwl
Naturegirl1999

Waitlist:
(none)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:17:19 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Signal Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 01:39:31 pm »

Sure, this sounds worth a try.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Signal Intelligence
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »

Very peculiar. I'll give it a shot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Signal Intelligence (2/4)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 09:08:32 pm »

Interested

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Signal Intelligence (3/4)
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 06:12:49 am »

We just need one more.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 10:50:31 am »

I’m bumping this so it isn’t on page 3 anymore

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 11:39:52 am »

Not good at the whole message decoding thing but if ya need a 4th person to start it im up for it (although if anyone else wishes to do it instead let em do it instead of me)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Signal Intelligence (4/4)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 01:19:18 pm »

I don't think anyone else is interested. Does anyone have preferences for who's on their team?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 02:42:28 pm »

No preferences. The game sounds fun

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 02:46:07 pm »

Yeah no preferences

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 10:31:46 am »

Alright in that case Maximum Spin and IronyOwl are Team Red while Naturegirl1999 and Fluffe9911 are Team Blue.

Team Red transmits first. (specifically Maximum Spin transmits and IronyOwl decodes)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:38:44 am by a1s »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 07:17:52 pm »

Irony, you should pay close attention and carefully consider every sentence in this post. You have complete license to do whatever you want with this information. The crow flies at midnight. You don't need to know anything about salesmanship.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2021, 12:14:38 pm »

Team Blue now gets one guess as to what the message might be. Discuss and when you're ready,  post the guess in bold.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2021, 12:49:10 pm »

I’m wondering if the word vigilant somewhere, though we need to somehow guess what order the words are in to determine their number order

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2021, 12:55:55 pm »

Yeah this is going to be difficult
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6