Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 33226 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2021, 11:01:28 pm »

Madoka took up a stance opposite Daisuke, one hand poised over her sword. Her posture was crouched and ready; despite the cloak obscuring much of her frame, the tension in her muscles was visible. What little he could see of her expression was set in a determined frown, as if the life of a friend depended on the outcome of this bout. She watched him intently, remaining motionless as she analyzed her foe.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2021, 12:52:02 pm »

Daisuke also got low, his opponent's stature making it a near necessity, his hand likewise gripping the handle of his sword. It was clear that Madoka would give him the initiative, which was smart, she likely would attempt to dodge his initial attack and use her small stature to get inside his guard. Therefore, after a few moments more, he made his initial strike, a diagonal arc to cover as much distance as possible while minimizing the chance that he'd cause serious harm. It wasn't the main attack though, the hand previously on his sheath going to the second blade on his hip in anticipation for the hooded swordsman's follow up and with a step forward he thrusted the hilt forward to punish the attack with what would hopefully be a stunning blow.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2021, 01:42:17 pm »

Stance low. Probably just an adjustment to her height. He gripped his blade. One-handed, with the other on his sheath. He struck one-armed diagonally - trying to use his reach. A smart move, but one she could anticipate. The second one was less expected, and one she had to pivot for. His attempt to conceal the second strike slowed it down. Madoka dodged into the first strike's path, skirting the very edge of its range and very nearly seeming to step on the tip of the blade (she didn't, that was dangerous showboating at best.) The diminutive duelist then took a step sideways further inside Daisuke's reach, and made her own cut, diagonally sweeping upward to ward both of her opponent's swords off if she couldn't score a hit.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2021, 04:16:45 pm »

Traxesa wanted to speak more to Kazuki, however, he was cut short by the surprise attack from the beggar. The boy was obviously not expecting as such from her as he's just now starting to get back his bearings. Perhaps, reuniting is becoming more of a detriment rather than a boon. Though he would get surprised once more with how quickly these two are willing to help. Kazuki makes sense since they were mercenary buds for a year but this new girl? Yea no, is she even good in combat situations? "A-are you sure you two? Ohar- errr I mean Kazuki, aren't you angry I never mentioned my condition while we were working together or that I just up and left without a word? Also you uhhh... Shrine Maiden...? Never quite caught your name... There's going be a lot more fighting than just an assassin beggar. Are you sure you can handle it?"

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2021, 06:55:26 pm »

As it turned out, finishing her lunch didn't take as long as she'd expected or hoped. After quietly paying for the quartet's meals, Kaori, just as quietly, slipped out of the tavern and onto the porch, after the group...just in time to hear Rin offer her aid in yet another stranger's issue. She fought back a sigh. As expected of Rin. Always ready to help a stranger in need, irregardless of the troubles or... the dangers, apparently.

"What this man says has sense.", she added quietly. Her own objections over getting into unnecessary messes aside, this didn't seem to be just your standard helping-old-ladies-cross-the-road type of diversions. From the looks of things and the concerns shared, this was promising to be long-term. A long term they can't really afford. "Rin, you have to know that there are other reasons why we have come.", she stressed, only an inch from hissing out 'The letter, remember?'. "I know you have a good heart but we can't afford to be sidetracked like this. Lives could be at stake."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2021, 07:43:39 pm »

Traxesa asked the exact question that Kazuki was afraid of. Thankfully, keeping a cool head was easy considering how frustrated he was internally; especially considering it didn't take a genius to figure out how impatient everyone was getting. Did nobody, himself included, know the word relax?... Rin, probably.

"Nah. I mean, I got my fair share of stuff I'm keeping under wraps." Like how I knew about you all along and I'm supposed to bring you back to where you just escaped from. "You gotta do what you gotta do, right? Speaking of..." Kazuki sighed as Kaori entered the area, chastising Rin. "Let her do what she wants, it's not like we're skippin' town and not gonna be lookin' around for hospitals. I'm sure whatever's going on is crazy dangerous, but that's why we bodyguards are supposed to be keeping an eye on her," Kazuki said with a slight grumble as he kicked the assassin for emphasis. "It's your call, Boss, but now I'm stickin' with you wherever you go."

Maybe the assassin was his punishment for him trying to weasel out of the contract for even a second.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2021, 09:33:37 am »

"Should we bother to interrupt or just keep watching from afar?

"Ahm watchin'."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2021, 03:29:19 pm »

"Hmm. But for how long? Sooner or later they might notice we had been watching them."
"Besides, we doubt they are looking for folks to help them. Unless they are truly desperate to hire people they find in a tavern."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2021, 08:52:02 pm »

Rin stands her ground against Kaori and Kazuki.
"Lives are at s-stake right now. If I don't help these people, I can't be okay with that. I know the risks. I....I didn't come here to turn someone in need down."
"You don't know us, lady. Look, take your friend's advice and just-"
"Please, don't treat me like I'm weak. I....I can fight for myself if it means helping others. I have to."

Her eyes drifted to the Mare Gnosis on her obi, a pensive look briefly appearing on her face, then back to Kaori. She smiled, to reassure her friend.

"Besides, we're Mizuno apothecaries. Isn't this what we trained for, to help other people? We won't take long."

Then she turns to Traxesa.

"U-um...well, I'm not really a miko. I'm an apothecary. Please, call me Rin."

Alice looks at Homura and at Nullstar. A twinkle appears in her eye, the type that generally appears in the eyes of drunk men about to do something incredibly stupid, or heroes about to do something incredibly brash.
"Maybe we should have a look. I got a real gut feeling about this scoop."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:56:28 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2021, 09:04:36 pm »

"Welp, she has spoken," Kazuki crosses his arms behind his back. He'd normally smirk, but he was instead preoccupied with glaring at the cat for being disrespectful towards his boss. "Don't try'n talk us out of it, it'll be way quicker for you all if you just go along with it. Besides, Traxesa can attest to the fact that I'm one hell of a fighter; so I won't bore you with those details."

He briefly turns towards Kaori. His smirk returns. "You can come with too, of course. You ain't scared, are ya?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2021, 03:57:37 am »

"Very well. Let's hurry to Tanigawa."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2021, 07:11:29 am »

She could tell when arguing further was going to be fruitless. Even at the apothecary, Rin had a certain reputation for being stubborn like that. Especially with certain members of their party, essentially egging her on. Kaori let out a sigh.

"Goading me is pointless, Kazuki-san. Fine, let's go." She shot a brief glare towards the snake Misaki. "But only so far, ya hear? We have our own mission here." With minimal participation and some luck, perhaps they won't be mistaken for rebels and chased out of town. That was just the last thing they needed. "Oh, uh, by the way, has anyone thought of fetching Daisuke-san and his...friends?" She wasn't entirely what to refer to the pair that had gone with him for... swordsmanship practice? Either way, she had a feeling they were all going to need his strength. Or at least, someone to keep him from wondering where everyone had gone...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2021, 09:38:21 am »

Until he caught wind of his master's location, he didn't have much to do anyway. He also kept having this nagging feeling about something big he was missing. Maybe this would help.

"Gatcha!" was Tora's way to acquiescing to Alice's suggestion and taking a closer look at whatever mess was going on.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2021, 11:29:48 am »

Rin follows the others to find Tanigawa, rounding the alleyway to see her holding off the Imperial guards. Indeed, this would be the most surprising thing, if not for a cloud of orange smoke drawing attention to Rin, Setsurou and the rest...

...and a very naked man standing right next to Setsurou and Traxesa, the smoke barely covering him, standing right next to where the cat once was. The Imperial guards, of course, have turned their weapons from Tanigawa to Yusuke instead.

"....shit."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2021, 12:22:24 pm »

"We prepared for this and brought spare clothes and gauntlets for you. I'll guard you while you don your gear."

Setsurou handed Yusuke a bundle out of his vest and stepped in front of him to protect him, drawing a spelltag as he did so (and subtly wiping off his nose with the back of his hand as he took his fighting stance).

"Get out of our way or suffer."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49