Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 34445 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2021, 01:27:55 pm »

"Is it a gut feeling, or is it perhaps a gutted feeling? After all, they seem to be on alert, so you can end up being seen as a threat if you move too close."
Nullstar barely had time to say that before things escalated even further.
"...Then again, we think they might get a tad too busy there to worry about our presence."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2021, 03:21:46 pm »

"When you all transform, you slide out of your clothing. But when I transform my clothes rip apart and get destroyed. You know how many of my favorite shirts I went through?" Traxesa grumbles to himself audible enough for anything who was paying attention to hear. He kept himself between the guards and Yusuke, wind blade summoned up and at the ready.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2021, 03:29:12 pm »

Stance low. Probably just an adjustment to her height. He gripped his blade. One-handed, with the other on his sheath. He struck one-armed diagonally - trying to use his reach. A smart move, but one she could anticipate. The second one was less expected, and one she had to pivot for. His attempt to conceal the second strike slowed it down. Madoka dodged into the first strike's path, skirting the very edge of its range and very nearly seeming to step on the tip of the blade (she didn't, that was dangerous showboating at best.) The diminutive duelist then took a step sideways further inside Daisuke's reach, and made her own cut, diagonally sweeping upward to ward both of her opponent's swords off if she couldn't score a hit.
Daisuke likewise dodged as his opponent moved inside his reach, jumping back as he was put on the defensive by Madoka's counter strike. With their positions and the fact he was still recovering from his initial strike the most Daisuke could do was continue drawing his second blade, using the momentum to try and deflect the attack to buy time to get in one of his own.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2021, 03:32:44 pm »

As Yusuke transforms to become... indecent... Kazuki's eyes wander towards Traxesa with an intrigued look while trying his best not to laugh in the middle of the situation. It was even harder for him to not laugh at what Traxesa said— opting to focus on the task at hand with just a glance towards Setsurou and Rin.

"Ah, you know these types are never ones to back off," Kazuki replies as he drew his weapons— flash bombs with some small blades jutting out to stick to opponents. "Too bad they couldn't do it before you got reinforcements. Boss, stay behind us, okay? I'll try'n make this quick for ya."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2021, 03:59:54 pm »

She should've expected it the moment she heard the cat talk. She's had more than a few accidents transforming herself but, uh, this sight. Let's just say it was still rather shocking. For somewhat different reasons.

"Um, well, I, uh..." Staring at the very naked Yusuke, Kaori seemed at a loss for words and stammered for a few moments before concluding she absolutely needed to extricate herself from this scene. Immediately. Now. "I'mgonnagofetchDaisukeandtheothers. I'llberightback!", she babbled, before beating a hasty retreat back towards the eatery. Some things, she really should not be further witnessing. She needed to maintain a certain stability if she was going to be able to explain all of this to Daisuke and the others.

"Daisuke-san! Trouble! Rin! Cat! Man! Naked! Guards!" A task she seemed to have entirely failed at, given the random string of words that sprang out of her mouth. A moment passed before she blushed upon realising how little sense she just made.

"Um, sorry. Can I start again? Okay, let's start with, um.. Rin, uh, seems to have gotten involved herself involved with a bit of trouble again.", she started, sounding a lot calmer this time. Kaori took a brief glance around. She seemed to have interrupted something. Hopefully, with the ongoing trouble outside, they won't be too upset at having their duel interrupted. Maybe?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2021, 09:52:32 pm »

Madoka brought her sword up to make another strike, only to hear the girl from earlier calling out from behind. She reflexively made a slash to prevent Daisuke from hitting her as she was retreating, before sheathing her weapon and looking back at Kaori with irritation.

". . . I'm getting a rematch."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2021, 05:01:33 am »

The moment the guards were distracted, Miyako made a move. She bashed the foremost guard on the head with the back of her axe to knock him out*, then stepped back to a defensive stance to allow her allies a similar opportunity when the guards reacted to her. If they reacted; Miyako was very pointedly keeping her gaze away from Yusuke. Well, maybe a little glance. He was very distracting.

"Great, you found some friends, Setsurou! And guards, how about now? You're outnumbered and surrounded, there's simply no way you can win this."

*He was wearing a helmet, so he was probably going to be fine. Probably.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2021, 01:07:37 pm »

Daisuke stopped himself from any further attacks as his companion not so eloquently explained the situation. With a slight sigh he nodded to the hooded swordsman in agreement before turning back to Kaori, sheathing his weapons as he spoke.
"There was some trouble and the cat's owner ended up naked and now the guards are after them both? Well, lead the way, somehow I imagine we're all going to have to leave the city."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2021, 09:51:46 am »

Now, Tora wasn't used to talking animals turning into people, or to joining scraps with law officers, or talking animals turning into people, but at least he was fairly sure that had to do with the stories about the Cursed. His suspicion of authority under the current Empress and the fact he was a somewhat honorable ruffian resonated with the fact the people were getting in trouble with the law but at least trying to be nonlethal about it.

"Well, ain't it a weird sight. HEY! Mind if ah join ta scrap?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2021, 10:41:27 am »

Miyako gives the shouting misaki a glance. Looks quite rough. Reminds her of some of her acquaintances back when she was on the streets. Looking for a fight, and unlikely to respect the guards' authority. A possible ally? She responds to his call:

"Join in all you want, sir! Though if these guys are smart, it won't be much of a scrap."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2021, 04:17:24 pm »

"We thought we were just going to watch this unfold."
"Oh, well...if we are really doing this..."
"...We might as well have a little bit of fun."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2021, 01:30:04 pm »

The air is heavy with tension as Miyako retreats back towards the group, the unconscious guard groaning as he is dragged away by his allies, and Yusuke puts his clothes on. Rin is also visibly averting her eyes, a nervous laugh barely suppressed.
"....h-he's naked, isn't he? He's really....naked. And we're....really about to get arrested...."

"Representative of the Mizuno Pharmacy, please step away from the fugitives! This is Imperial business! You should not get involved!"

In the blink of an eye, however, a knife surges out, its wielder running towards Rin, knife squarely aimed at her gut. The guards turn their spears towards them, but they're far too slow. The flicker of a Hiruma medallion can be seen.
"What-"

Before anyone (save the other Cursed) could react....
"Rengoku, watch out!"

[Now Playing: Yusuke's Theme ~For Freedom~]
One of the few boons to the Curse of the Juunishi was that they had far faster reflexes than an average human. Perhaps, these were the consequences of having the spirits of animals share spiritual space with oneself. Yusuke, was, of course, the Cat, which lent him reflexes even faster than most of his peers. It was a boon at times; runniung away from guards was a lot faster when he could practically disappear at the twitch of a finger.

For him, he saw the man move before everyone else (save Miyako and the other Cursed, that is), and so he was already moving, looking for some sort of weapon to fend off the newcomer. His eyes drifted over something shiny on the ground (possibly a knife?) and so he scooped it up in his gauntlets, diving across to protect Rin....

...and the Glacis Gnosis in Yusuke's hands glowed a brilliant blue, his gauntlets enshrouded in cold, frosty air as the knife intended for Rin instead struck his hand and shattered from the cold. The would-be assassin is stunned by the sudden arrival; now would be a good time for Kazuki to intervene.

Yusuke glares at Rin.
"Gods, be careful! That's the second one today! Your buddy and I won't....wait."
Yusuke's eyes drift down to his hands, one holding the activated Gnosis.
"Yu....Yuya?"
"....that's not possible. You....I didn't....I can't earn a Gnosis like that....can I?"

Alice seems to be watching the entire thing from nearby, her eyes dimly glowing for a moment, before she looks to Torajirou, Nullstar and the twins.

Miyako, Yusuke and Traxesa suddenly feel a presence peer over them a moment, as if something were gazing into their very souls, for just a split second, and then it disappears.
"Crap."
"....no, let's get involved."

Todoroki follows Madoka and Daisuke, hands already shaking with anticipation.
"Alright, finally. Madoka, looks like you may not have to wait for your rematch for a real fight, huh? Just as well, I've been itchin' for a fight myself."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:16:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2021, 01:37:42 pm »

"The same as mine... interesting."

"Hiruma, Imperial guard, it's all the same. If you endanger Yusuke I will destroy you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2021, 01:57:55 pm »

Madoka silently nodded beneath her hood. The traveling duelist stepped forward, leaving her sword sheathed, and simply made a small beckoning gesture at the guardsmen.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2021, 03:22:25 pm »

Before there is much time to consider all these questions, more guards arrive, one with a red helmet leading the charge.

"C-Captain Kuze! Sir! We have the fugitives!"
"....so, this is the escaped prisoner. Alright. Men, arrest everyone here! The Empress cannot know of our mistake!"
"R-right away, sir!"

"W-what?!"
"...dammit, this is why I didn't want some random stranger involved!"

Alice, meanwhile, looks around at the guards beginning to pour in. She sighs, closing her eyes.
"....okay. It seems I'll....have to break out some old tricks. Everyone! This'll feel weird!"
Snapping her fingers, a strange magic begins to descend on Rin, Todoroki and Alice's groups. Your perception feels sharper, and you feel as if you can sense...more.
"It's my clairvoyance. You can use it to sense how close your enemies are to defeat, or how much energy your Gnosis can output! It doesn't last too long, so please, make use of it! I can't fight, but I can help this much! Go!"

"Alright, Madoka! Come on, let's show 'em what we're made of, huh? Man, Master would have my ass if he saw me doin' this...."

"Arrest them! Before they get away!"
"Y-yes, sir!"

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 04:16:19 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49