Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 34414 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Okay, we should....wait for Kaori to come back with some food, we chow down and we get searching again. It's a new day. We'll find whoever sent that letter today. I'm sure of it!"

Todoroki simply waved a hand back.
"Well, since ya asked. Todoroki Guren, a pleasure to meet'cha. Me and Madoka here are travelling swordsmen. I'd say we fancy ourselves pretty good at what we do."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

They don't know who I am, perfect. Looks like I don't have to bother with a useless fight today.
Daisuke nods to each of the swordsmen as they introduce themselves.
"Well, I wouldn't call myself so much a swordsman, but I wouldn't mind inviting you both to eat at the same table. Perhaps we can trade stories."

mastermepp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Never a dull moment in a tavern, no matter the time or place..." Haru muttered with a smile, before she took another swig of her drink. She was amused at the sight that unfolded between the hooded figure and the other patrons.  A part of her hoped a brawl would unfold, allowing her to stretch her limbs after that long ride into town. Maybe snatch some "free goods" in the confusion, if she had the chance. But for now things seemed to have settled down, so she opted for readjusting her bow's brace height. She'd need to be in proper shape for her next job, or if things took a more interesting turn in the tavern.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:42:42 pm by mastermepp »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

"Then it's a plan. Optimistic as ever, I see! No wonder you oversleep— you just don't know when to stop being full of sunshine. But ya know what? We need more people like that in the world." Kazuki had gotten all too used to gruff mercenaries; those who acted strong externally, but then cowered at the first sight of danger. Not to mention his father who really didn't know how to act like a father. Not that he minded: if not for people like those, he wouldn't have a Gnosis hidden in his pauldron (a tactic he utilized to make sure his opponents underestimated him: never play your trump card at the first sign of a struggle).

He briefly looked at Daisuke with a sort of 'are you crazy?' look when he offered shared seats, looked back to the swordsmen, then shrugged with a smirk. He thought briefly about making a joke about how they didn't have a bar stool to make sure Madoka could see over the table, but then decided he'd avoid causing trouble for Rin.

When Rin left, however...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Rather have a duel." The cloaked swordsman sounded disappointed at Daisuke's comment on his own skills, but that didn't stop her from taking the opportunity to move closer and glare at Kazuki instead. She waited for Todoroki to take the lead in properly socializing, but maybe she could obtain another person to prove herself against.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Trade stories, huh? I, for one, think ya look more like a man who'd like to exchange some blows, a little test of yer mettle to shake of the rust. A friendly duel. 'Course, we should eat first if yer down for it. It'll be on me. If yer not, of course, I'm down for a good drink and a story. Either's good with me."
Todoroki shrugs as if he'd just offered to challenge Daisuke to a game of Go. His good eye drifts over to the two twins he'd noticed earlier, too.
"Hey. I could hear yer stomachs rumbling all the way over there. Ya want in or not? It's a little rude to stare."

Rin blushes, looking away.
"I-it's nothing, really! It's just...my mom always said, you know, if you don't watch out for the little guy, who will, right? It's.....I don't know why I'm saying this, ehehe. You probably don't care all that much."

Taiga, Miyako and Setsurou
Five minutes have passed. The sounds of the city continue to grow louder as the day passes. The nearest Cursed, you can sense, is now the Cat; Yusuke's convoy is getting closer and closer.

Your time is approaching.

Torajirou, Haru and Takeru
As you sit by, watching the excitement, you three are distinctly aware of some strange person approaching people from your caravan and getting brushed off in turn.

She appears to be a woman, probably about twenty years of age by certain reckonings. Her hair is blonde and her features are not of any recognisable group here; not Avropan, not Five Kingdomer, and from nowhere else you know. Her clothes are also odd; if they're some Avropan fashion, they're not one you recognise.

You sense something off about her; not hostile, not intending evil, but not quite fitting.
"H-hey? Excuse me, would you....no? Okay, that's fine, but....hey! Excuse me, could you point me to-hey, do you mind?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Yusuke is almost here. I'll get in position. You should too. Stick to the plan, and this'll go as smoothly as something so chaotic can go."

With that, Miyako stepped out of the alleyway. She walked up to a storefront, "window-shopped" for a moment, and then "absent-mindedly" plodded to the next. Between the anonymity granted by her cloak and her walking much slower than other people, she trusted nobody notice that she was, in fact, going in a circle around the street. All along the way, she kept her senses sharp, taking stock of anything that could affect the rescue. Guard patrols unrelated to Yusuke's transfer. Escape routes opening and closing. A bickering couple that was raising some attention.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Daisuke considered the offer for a few moments. He didn't want to fight but... not having to burden anyone with the cost of his meal did appeal to him. Finally he nodded.
"Well, I don't try to fight much but if it would square us up for my meal, I'm not opposed to a friendly match."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You kiddin' me? I'm always looking out for the little guy," Kazuki said, now no longer making eye contact with Rin. One could say he was doing it on purpose for dramatic effect, but in reality he was just keeping eye contact with Madoka— with a smirk to match her glare, of course. It was almost like a staring contest, except Kazuki felt like he was allowed to blink as Madoka wasn't showing her eyes in the first place. Either way, he was mostly just making sure he wouldn't get pounced on the second that he looked away. "It is kinda my job, after all. Sure, sure, I don't mind if the little guy wants to make sure my pockets are filled, but as you know, I'm always willing to negotiate. Not many people are as lucky as us, after all..."

A pause as he realized what was going on between Todoroki and Daisuke. "Hey, Daisuke! You just gonna leave me wide open to get scarred by the Unscarred Blade while I'm hanging with the boss, or you want me in on this bet and make it a two on two? Ya know— for fun. If our boss doesn't mind her loyalest bodyguards trying to score her a free meal, that is?" Kazuki looks back at Rin with a wink. Kazuki's been very clear on his rules— don't do anything Rin doesn't want him doing, and no stabbing anyone Rin doesn't want him stabbing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 05:32:08 pm by RedMageCole »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

The twins jumped a little in their seats as the huge man with the eyepatch addressed them.

: "Who, us?"
: "We weren't staring--"
: "--not much anyway--"
: "--and we're not really looking for a fight--"
: "--not that I have anything to fight with--"
: "--but if you're offering something to eat--"
: "--we won't say no!" So decided, the two picked up their plates and maneuvered through the inn to sit closer to where the excitement was.

: "We're the Kanekos, from Izumo. She's Chidori and he's Chikara."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The appearance of the twins startled Kazuki, as someone who had not been paying attention to the conversation at all and did not hear Todoroki's invitation to the battle. He broke eye contact with Madoka for a moment to look at them with furrowed eyebrows.

"...Hm. The Kanekos. From Izumo. Neat." Kazuki lowered his voice, only audible to his table. "...I dunno about this, Kubo, those two are weirding me out. There's twins, and then there's have you ever spent an hour without being in the same room?... It almost sounds like too much fun."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"H-hey? Excuse me, would you....no? Okay, that's fine, but....hey! Excuse me, could you point me to-hey, do you mind?"

That was damn rude, that's what it was. Tora didn't get brushed off that easily when he went around asking about his master's disappearance, but that was likely in part because he was wearing non-weird clothes. Most of the rest was likely the fact he looked like he could get angry and cause trouble if ignored, even if he didn't mean to look menacing.

So he waved at her from the table with some of the "spare" people that weren't part of a group.

"Hey, hey. What's the problem?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Leave it to Todoroki to find a diplomatic way into a fight. She probably could have found a way to do it herself, but the Unscarred Blade was known as mysteriously quiet for a reason.

". . . I'll have udon." The grip on the single-edged blade at her side seemed to slacken, but the swordsman still radiated a definite feeling of. . . twitchiness. Kazuki had gotten her dander up, and she felt increasingly bothered by the fact that she hadn't been able to demonstrate her skill yet.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Takeru raised an eyebrow the moment he noticed the stranger trying to get some attention and failing miserably. Well then, she was quite the odd figure to say the least with that outfit, and there was something else bothering him there—Not that he was completely sure what it was. Either way it did make him curious enough to speak up again.
"What bothers you? Perhaps we can be of assistance."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:49:25 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

mastermepp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haru had turned her attention to a slight commotion, eyes on the woman walking around the tavern. Seems a few others were offering their own help to this poor girl, and now Haru's interested, if at the very least just to learn more about her. That hat of hers has its charm, I might just like one myself. Haru quickly finished what was left of her drink and stood up, walking to approach her. If it's some kind of job, she wants it first.
"Whatever you need, count me in!" She boldly stated, not caring if all the woman needed was something as mundane as directions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49