Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [OOC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance (Auditions Closed)  (Read 1424 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
[OOC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance (Auditions Closed)
« on: August 16, 2021, 07:14:41 pm »

Danger stirs within the High Kingdom of Talstas. The power hungry Kingdom of Enfir has attacked it’s militant neighbor Balthar, seeking to lay its claim to Balthar’s rich resources. Though powerful, Balthar proves incapable of standing alone against the mighty Enfirian magic. In a desperate attempt to fight back, Balthar begs the aid of its peaceful ally, Alketh. A young noble, the king of Alketh’s nephew, is dispatched to meet with the King of Balthar and discuss an alliance.

Yet something more sinister waits beneath the surface. A deep power has been raising the dead across the land, villagers are being attacked frequently by both bandit and monster alike, and entire tribes of beastkin have vanished into thin air. Faced with these challenges and more, the young noble must gather a group of powerful allies to his side if he hopes to protect the home he loves from the evil that surrounds it.

What’s This?
This is a test of my Simplified Fire Emblem on the Forums system, AKA SimpFEF. The manual talks a bit more about that, so I’m going to focus on the story here. This story is meant to be a very straightforward and basic FE story about a hapless lordlet who finds himself caught up in a clash for the fate of the continent. There will be spooky monsters, mysterious sages, a scheming sorcerer, and possibly even an evil dragon.

The other players will take on roles in the story around the noble, playing roles such as loyal friends, helpful guides, or stiff warriors. Through a healthy dose of teamwork and friendship, they will help the young noble pave the way towards heroism.

Specific Rules/Testing Expectations
The game will be played in casual format with 3 wounds. EXP will be gained based on the damage calculation with pity levels when 5 levels behind. Growths will be random. I'll be expecting active map participants to post extremely regularly to help keep up a good pace through maps. You'll also be expected to actively discuss turns in the Discord. So before placing yourself in the active group, please ensure you'll be available to converse, not just post a move when prompted.

Due to the heavily experimental nature of this RP, I expect to be actively balancing as I go. This will make things fairly unstable, and even the weapons in your inventory (especially those) may change between maps.

Casting Call
The following are the roles to be filled before the story can begin. Extras are welcome once these roles are filled, although I’ll be a bit choosy about what goes through (If six performers wanted the Special Friend slot, I am not going to suddenly let them all in). I’m not putting down a hard maximum for players, but individual maps may have a limit on how many extras I allow.

Classes do not have a ton of associated lore, but your primary base class and intended final class should at the very least not contradict your role in the story.

Map 1
Lord (Unique class, will discuss)
The child of the Duke of Vitra and the main protagonist of the story. Someone who cares about injustice and is willing to fight to make a stand.

Knight Archetype (Cav, Knight, Archer, etc)
A close retainer of the Duke and childhood friend of the main Lord.

Healer (Cleric, Troubadour, or Nurse)
A healer in the employ of the Duke, entrusted with the Lord’s wellbeing.

Map 2
An Unexpected Friend (Basically any physical foot unit)
An unlikely ally willing to assist in a time of need. Has a reason for why they’re traveling through the forests of Renmar.

Map 3
Obligatory Magic User (Mage, Monk, Dark Mage, Tactician)
A mage of any kind traveling for their own reasons. Willing to fight monsters.

Obligatory Flier (Peg. Knight, Peg. Scout, Wyv. Rider)
A flier of any kind, sent by a friend of the Duke or as a messenger from Balthar (discuss for the latter).

Map 4
Lovable Scoundrel (Thief, Hunter, Pirate, etc)
Someone who isn’t exactly on the up-and-up, but still willing to help out with their roguish charm.  May or may not actually be up to something (can discuss).

A Special Friend (Performer, Villager, Beastkin, Manakete)
A person of unusual origin caught up in the events of the story (must discuss).

Main Cast
Hagen (Lord)
Astrid (Knight Archetype)
Valerie (Healer)
Cadence (Unexpected Friend)
Benedict (Obligatory Magic User)
Judith (Obligatory Flier)
Lulu (Lovable Scoundrel)
Nima (Special Friend)

Important NPCs
Amara (Battle Granny)

Links
IC
FEF discord (It's required that you show in the Lunatic Advance channel if you want to audition)
Lore Docs
SimpFEF Manual 0.5
Lunatic Advance (SimpFEF 0.5)
SimpFEF Character Sheet 0.5 (Change Manager link to the one above)
Lunatic Advance Convoy (SimpFEF 0.5)
Roll20
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 03:21:34 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [OOC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance (Auditions Open)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 08:47:57 pm »

for formality's sake, it be a smol tactician
Nima, the Mysterious Villager
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:59:15 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 03:14:18 pm »

dragonblooded princess complete ;). Applying for Unexpected Friend.

Cadence, the Princess Dame
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 07:52:17 pm »

I do have a fancy mug because Twin was kind enough to make one for me, and I do have an application for the Lord.
Hagen Albin, First Son of the Duke of Vitra, Self Appointed Hunt Master of the Court, and Earl of Tenthis.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:52:12 pm by kj1225 »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 08:04:44 pm »

The Manaketes. Return them to me. (Applying for Obligatory Magic User!)

Benedict, the Eccentric Scholar

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 01:27:47 pm »

A nice little healer who likes to smile. All the time. (Applying for the Healer role)

Valerie Glehn
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:30:08 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 03:49:50 pm »

Come one! Come all! The magnificent Lulu shall perform one of her many fantastical tricks for all your viewing pleasure! Card tricks? Hat tricks? We got those a plenty with even more in store!

Lulu, the Flamboyant Card Master

(Going for Lovable Scoundrel role)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 06:52:09 pm by Aurorix »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 08:57:34 am »

Applying for Knight Archetype role!

Astrid Frei, Cheerful Retainer
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 11:15:02 pm »

"I assure you, your trust in me is never misplaced."
Applying for Obligatory Flier!

Judith Wyncalle, Heir to House Wyncalle