Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Asin's Color Schemes!  (Read 11963 times)

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
Re: Asin's Color Schemes!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 01:18:31 am »

Don't you mean Deus Ex Human Revolution?  :P

If you play with Inverted Light Mode, you WILL hurt your eyes. Not because of the white background, but because of the light colours against it. Then again, many of my friends are hurt by regular light modes on many programs.

Dreary lives up to its name it makes me very sad.

All in all, very interesting.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 07:44:36 pm »

You can make the Inverted Light Mode Color Scheme, usable if you replace the dark colors with the inverted version of light colors and if you replace the light colors with the inverted version of the dark colors.

Anyway the original DF pallete is made of colors that have the value 0 and/or 128 and 0 and/or 255 and one exception (light gray) that has the average of the value that arent present at both rules (128 and 255, (128+255)/2=192).
You can change the rule to allow the color to be made of 128 and/or 0 and 128 and/or 256 and the result will be similar to what I described at the first line of this comment. (0+256)/2 = 128, so you will need to pick an value to the second gray, I decided to leave dark gray as 128 and light gray as 192.

Spoiler: The Pallete (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:34:32 am by exdeath »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 09:21:32 pm »

So, it has been quite some time... I do apologize, but I was in the mood to make a new color scheme.

Spoiler: GB Colors! (click to show/hide)

Ta-dah! Now you can enjoy DF in classic Game Boy colors! Just uh, be aware it only uses four colors, so you might want to try using the look option more often on this one!

Now I wonder on if I should make a fitting joke scheme to balance out this one... Virtual Boy, perhaps? Although, Inverted Light Mode is already eye searing enough...