Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 15331 times)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #270 on: May 09, 2023, 12:27:22 am »

"It had very dangerous abilities," Alexandria acknowledges, "But I suspect it was overconfident in its resilience.  Now that we have- Arturia?  Scrap and slag, I don't know how to repair biological life forms beyond basic first aid, and this appears to be far beyond that."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2023, 11:45:40 am »

As it becomes obvious that Osada and Arturia are injured the alien and his silvery companions start making their way to within a few paces of the group, leaving strange hooved footprints in the dust in his wake.

"A Trespasser's Herald.  Unfortunately it was right to be so confident, though weakened it will eventually reform." 

He reaches a gloved three-fingered hand into his coat and pulls out a greenish glass jar with what appears to be stars and a sun floating around inside.  He breaks the seal and the glass immediately vanishes, the objects within flash and float up into the air before disappearing as well.  A wave of magic passes over everyone present, causing bell-like flowers to bloom over their heads as wounds rapidly heal.

One of the Dusks looks over to Cicivexa as its leader is distracted, it's first zipper-like mouth opening as a second pharyngeal jaw snaps out in his direction.  It glances over its own shoulder indicating the slightly scorched marring on its side and back.

"Unless we act now while it's weak and strike a fatal blow."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2023, 12:53:47 pm »

The creature's scorch marks were slightly baffling. Cicivexa was not intellectually surprised by the idea of a voidsent being merely banished by its destruction, but to see something so weak return with scars to tell the tale... if assumptions held any weight anymore, this at least felt like it challenged one or two minor ones. Mostly, though, Cicivexa was annoyed. He ruffled through his coinpurse, before pulling out the foreign currency it had previously dropped, and tossed them to its feet(?).

"Are these... things... truly necessary?" He turned to the dark-cloaked beastman. "Actually, mayhap you should answer that after we finish this Herald off, if you would care to explain how. If it involves an amulet, we sent some of this star's residents to search for it while we held the Herald off. Assuming there aren't any more threats to the smallfolk we need worry about..."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2023, 02:07:21 pm »

Lyra was close enough to hear Arturia mumble something nigh unintelligible under her breath before she started awake. "Huh? Oh, shit, did I pass out?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2023, 03:03:53 pm »

“Uh- yeah, something like that?” Lyra blinked as the wounds she’d just stared helplessly at were healed almost immediately. “I think you said ‘rebooting’ when that guy healed you…”

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2023, 05:19:42 am »

"Rebooting?" Arturia shrugged, brow furrowed. "I guess I might have been thinking about my computer or something? Passing out and immediately waking back up is basically a person rebooting."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2023, 07:29:38 am »

The creature doesn't react to the coinage at all, nor Cicivexa's motions, or at least he's pretty sure it doesn't. The mysterious figure turns at Cicivexa's question with a short grunt.

"Huh?  The Dusks?  Yes, unfortunately.  Trespassers can't easily sense their presence, or that of their kin, because they do not exist."

He reaches out and swipes a backhand at the one giving Cicivexa sass, causing its body to smear like watercolors where he hits before it vanishes in a burst of cracks, white dust, and intangible thorns.  He says something in a guttural language and the other three give him a look before sort of slinking down into similar cracks in the ground, kicking up more white dust and intangible thorns.

"The Herald is cunning, no doubt it promised anything to whoever holds the amulet.  The Priest took it from the corpse of the Summoner, but I searched his residence and found nothing.  Until we find it we may be able to bait out the creature and trap it.  It's drawn to any sources of energy, power, souls, magic, it needs to feed on them to call its liege.  Weaken it again and..."

He reaches into his coat again and withdraws a roughly fist-sized stone octahedron.  Impossibly intricate patterns are carved on each face and anyone with a sense for magic can feel intense mana neatly contained inside.  Lyra immediately recognizes it as the same kind of device used by the woman trapping the Deity of Greed in Spicy HG's world, a woman who was wearing a very similar cloak...

"I have a set of tools capable of binding it in place for some time."
By the hands of power.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2023, 07:43:34 am »

Sakura tried to assess the situation as best as she could but was definitely missing a lot of the information here to truly understand what was happening here.

"Oke just out of sheer curiosity, how are you gonna trap this Herald with a bunch of magical energy? Isn't that like, counter-productive to trying to trap it if it needs this to continue existing?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2023, 01:22:10 pm »

"We should probably get to finding the amulet before we stop to discuss the methodology."
GM of Trespassers V2.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2023, 07:15:41 pm »

"They're called Hedrons.  You would need to speak with a Huragok to know more.  Hmm..."

The stranger looks out to the Mystery Machine, now well speckled with dents from hailstones throw off of the comet.

"Your transportation is damage, we will be faster in mine."

He pulls back a sleeve on his coat and taps something on his forearm brace, then shuffles back down the sleeve as the large aircraft hums it's way towards you all.  As it comes to a stop over the alien the light beneath flickers on once more with a louder hum and hollow metallic tinkling, this close you can see the dust in the air shifting and flowing around him as his coat billows and he's drawn up into the aircraft.  Anyone immediately near him feels the gravity lift pulling them up as well.

Inside you're gentle deposited on your feet in what was once a spartan troop transport bay, the remains of wall-seats now repurposed into shelves, patches in the floor where central seats were removed, and numerous bars and handles to hold onto or strap cargo.  About a third of the space in the bay is filled with variously sized large purple metal crates, access panels on the sides of several reveal strange tech held inside the crates.

"Welcome aboard the Unerring Precipice."

Without further fanfare or explanation the stranger moves to the front of the ship where it drops down into the cockpit and takes the seat.  He begins tapping panels of light on the console and manipulating them as he waits for everyone to come onboard.
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2023, 09:46:39 pm »

Lyra takes one last look at the damaged Mystery Machine, then hops into the Unerring Precipice, making sure to hold onto a bar as she waits for the others.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2023, 04:45:49 am »

Arturia follows the stranger up shortly, glancing around at the ship once she's aboard. She finds herself drawn to the crates, moving up to them to examine the foreign technology curiously.
GM of Trespassers V2.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 21, 2023, 04:54:42 pm »

While she waits for the others to climb aboard Arturia is draw to one of the smaller crates, this one stood on end and bolted to the wall of the ship so it doesn't fall.  One of the panels has been taken off and inside there are six very specifically shaped slots, three on each side and slated in an upward chevron pattern.  The two top slots are empty, looking a bit like capital "I"s and exposing glowing channels and electrical contacts inside. The other four are filled with strange objects that socket in, two half-ovoid shapes of blue glass and metal connected with a handle between them, intended for the ship owner or someone like him by the shape of their handles.  A padded fork sticks out of the pointed end of each lobe which Arturia would guess to sit roughly at the elbow or midway along the upper are of someone his size...if held like a weapon.  Red indicators blink on the bottom two, which a solid blue glow is seen on the middle two.

Moving to an entirely different crate, much larger at at least ten feet tall plus a strange collection of metal spikes and petals atop it.  One of the panels is open on this one as well, revealing a smooth glass-like screen and something that is unmistakably an alien keyboard.  As Arturia approaches the screen lights up automatically, showing strange glyphs she doesn't recognize.  A string of them fills the center of the screen with another larger glyph pulsing in below the string and several others sitting "dormant" around the edges.
By the hands of power.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2023, 08:57:57 pm »

Synopsis
Spoiler (click to show/hide)