Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Part 7: The Dead Rise  (Read 12817 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Part 7: The Dead Rise
« on: August 23, 2021, 04:12:13 am »

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:23:38 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Part 1: Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 04:27:04 am »

If someone knows of a way to resize Imgur images that are embedded in a post, I'd be glad to hear about it. Needing to hide them in spoilers is kind of annoying.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 07:29:29 am »

When you use the [img ] tag, you can add 'width' or 'height' as one of the tags, so you'd have [img=linkhere width=600] for example if you wanted your picture  to be 600 pixels wide.

Godspeed.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 10:06:33 am »

When you use the [img ] tag, you can add 'width' or 'height' as one of the tags, so you'd have [img=linkhere width=600] for example if you wanted your picture  to be 600 pixels wide.

Godspeed.
Ah, thanks. I'll shrink the images later today, then. EDIT: Done!

Also, I forgot to mention two very important clauses (a level cap and scaling enemy trainer stat EXP) in this update, which I've now edited in.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:01:07 am by ATHATH »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 05:27:02 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 08:35:23 am »

PTW - this mod looks cool.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Part 2: A God Amongst Mortals
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 05:47:20 am »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 03:08:36 pm by ATHATH »

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 08:19:01 am »

oof wow you blew crystal wide open from the word 'go'

I take it this sort of powergaming is more or less required to get primed for the later encounters?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 02:39:42 pm »

I take it this sort of powergaming is more or less required to get primed for the later encounters?
Eh, it's probably ludicrous overkill. Despite what it may look like, I actually don't know very much about Crystal Clear- I'm mostly just using what I learned from my first attempt and the online documentation.

Then again, those minibosses are no joke, and I turned on the scaling enemy stat EXP option, so enemy trainers are going to start getting stat EXP invested into their 'mons.

For those of you who aren't aware of what stat EXP is, it's basically Gen 2's equivalent for EVs. Unlike EVs, though, it's possible to max out your stat EXP in all of your stats at the same time, giving you a boost to your stats equivalent to all of your base stats being 31.5 points higher than normal for your species.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 07:04:53 pm by ATHATH »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Part 3: Currently Chuck's
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 04:04:15 am »

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:20:09 am by ATHATH »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Interlude 1: The First Battle
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 05:35:01 am »

« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 05:38:28 am by ATHATH »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Crystal Clear - Part 4: oh fuck off
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 04:35:03 pm »

Spoiler: Part 4: oh fuck off (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 05:06:06 am by ATHATH »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 05:54:11 pm »

Brutal, but great work against Frank!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 11:05:57 pm »

A correction to something I claimed in Part 4:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gold and silver leaves can both be found via talking to your partner Pokemon. They can also both be found in the possession of certain wild Pokemon species, although the list of species that can be encountered holding gold leaves in the wild is not the same as the list of species that can be encountered holding silver leaves in the wild.

For some reason, this information (currently) isn't in Crystal Clear's GitHub documentation; I had to check the pinned messages of a specific channel in the Crystal Clear Discord server to find it.

EDIT: This information IS in the Crystal clear's GitHub documentation... technically. It's buried in one of the changelogs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:40:13 pm by ATHATH »

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 08:22:46 am »

Damn, incredible work. That was filthy, Frank! F's to the fallen Gligar, you had a chance to be someone we cared about.
Pages: [1] 2