Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game (6/5)  (Read 2304 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game (6/5)
« on: August 24, 2021, 07:47:42 pm »

You're pretty sure you're not from here.

You were taken, in your sleep, to somewhere... else. You're not sure where. You're not sure who, or why.

What is there for you to do? Look around this strange world? Find why you have been taken here? Try to make something of yourself? Or hide away from it all?

There is a lot of world out there.

Spoiler: Character Questions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 02:53:03 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 07:57:53 pm »

What is your name? Random-Streaks-Of-Meaningless-Light
Where are you from? A deep, stinking hole, lined with concrete. Nobody sees the top, nor the bottom. I lived and worked in a nightclub built into the side from random scraps that fell from above.
What do you look like? A cute girl with big fluffy ears and tail, scaly arms and legs, and a long stabbing tongue.
What are you good at? Understanding things which don't make sense.
Anything else you would like to tell me? It's best not to worry.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 08:58:53 pm »

((In Fallbird’s game, Juliette still needs to submit a card, anyways, this game looks fun))
What is your name? Ronda
Where are you from? A name was never given to my planet by us, but the human I found called the place Jupiter
What do you look like? A cloud of water vapor, ammonia and hydrogen currently shaped like a human, though shape might change. Within the various gasses is liquid water, interspersed with whatever Earthly bacteria and other microbes got caught within
What are you good at? Surviving extremely high pressures, messing with chemical bonds of compounds I’m near
Anything else you would like to tell me? I found my way to Earth through what the humans call nypertubes. They can’t survive the pressures like my kind can. I found my way out of the frozen metal and noticed that there were many buildings. Most of these thoughts never happened before, where were they from? I followed the source and found another human that was talking to another one, this other one called the human I heard thoughts from Ronda and was telling her to take off a device. I know you hear this, you seem confused, what are you? Do you have a name? No I will not take this off, someone’s using it, n0 I don’t want to get fired, come with me so many vibrations, some familiar, others not. There is no way either of them know about the helium geysers. I tried moving the air as well, but she kept saying something about rizonine not being an element. I don’t even know what that is, she turned towards me, the other one did too. The one that wasn’t Ronda immediately turned around again vibrating air a lot more than her. Ronda used the device to explain various things about the planet, how things called companies destroyed environments on the other rocky planets and a colonization effort which was how I got here. If I stayed close enough to the helmet, I could share her dreams. She kept saying a name is important, so I asked if I could be called Ronda as well, so far it was that, metal, device, or building. She said it was ok, it’s possible to share a name. I noticed that what she called water was the only thing that remained in a liquid state, the rest of my components turned to gas, including some of the water, she said it was something to do with the pressure differences here. Using the device, which she called a translator and thought to speech helmet, she was able to teach me how to talk so I don’t end up saying nonsense. She brought me down to a coast and mentioned the ocean having high amounts of pressure, the highest pressure amounts here, if I wanted to be reminded of home, so I went in. Things got ever darker, kind of like the ocean I know, but denser. Everyone was denser, made of more stuff. They all had what Ronda called carbon, proteins, cells, nucleic acids and other things lime tissues. As things got darker I noticed orbs of light and her thoughts became dimmer, turns out these lights are attached to something. It got me inside of it and is taking the proteins I had. I myself am not made of the stuff, so this didn’t actually hurt me. I stayed inside of this creature for a while, collecting its unused sideproducts to try what she called bonding them. There were smaller organisms inside me too that weren’t broken by the beast, they live off of what I take from the creature and make ammonia which I then take. I’m glad Ronda’s a chemist, she taught me so much about how my body works. I was focusing on trying to make RNA from some things by moving electrons around to break and reform bonds. This must have taken a long time to do, because when I managed to make each of the nucleotides, I was no longer in the creature. I found a human like figure with scales like the creatures in the water, and hair like what Ronda had. I made myself into a human like shape to not lose part of myself while messing with the nearby air

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 09:18:16 pm »

I am Eem. I am from the deep tunnels under the sacred ground. I look like Eem — tall for my people, but even paler than usual, and they tell me my eyes are clear grey like my mother's were. I am good at solving puzzles, running, climbing, and brawling, and among my people I am known as a successful hunter-gatherer. I don't know what else to tell you but I'll let you know if I think of something.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 04:03:38 am »

What is your name?
Where are you from?
What do you look like?
What are you good at?
Anything else you would like to tell me? (Personality, background, expectations, etc. Optional.)

Name: Sa'Tique Mi'wake

Origin: The valleys that lie betwixt the mountains whose peaks penetrate the heavens. It is where my people have lived for a hundred generations, where the soil is rich and the sweeping plains and vistas where birds fly freely give testament to God as an artist.
But then the Cossacks arrived, like a plague upon saddle, carrying the thunder of muskets. Our neighbors were driven from their homes and delivered to oblivion, cast into the mists by these invaders. When the lookabouts caught wind of the Cossacks, we packed all that we could carry upon our pack animals and backs and fled into those rugged mountains, bound not to fall victim to the pursuing hordes.
In those ensuing journeys through blizzard and gale I became separated from my people and ended up here, wherever this may be.

Appearance: Bundled up in layers upon layers of thick furs in order to brace myself against the ferocious mountain climate, I am actually a normal looking person of brown hair, thick eyebrows, blue eyes, dressed in a plain green tunic. Against the furs I carry my pack upon my back which holds all of my possessions, ranging from practical to sentimental in usage.

Talents: I can navigate by the stars and drive any pack animal, whether ass, steed or oxen. I am able to live off the land or forage though I can also settle and perform agriculture as was my family's occupation. I can play the flute as well the violin although I lack the latter at the moment. Recently, I have become adept at fleeing.

Other: Although I wish to return to my people, I fear that they have been taken either by the natural elements or the Cossacks. In that case, I will have to adept and learn to survive and adjust to this new land, in the tradition of my nomadic ancestors.

[Looking forward to this roleplay-heavy experience.]

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 10:52:39 am »

(Me too. I hope this isn’t dead/ to Iridium, if we have a description of what’s around us we can start, are you waiting for more people?)

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 12:54:14 am »

(Me too. I hope this isn’t dead/ to Iridium, if we have a description of what’s around us we can start, are you waiting for more people?)

[This has been up for less than 2 days, we should wait several days before speculating on the status of any game.]

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 07:26:15 pm »

What is your name? Su Lin
Where are you from? I came from the outer district of the Iron River Sect.
What do you look like? I have the appearance of a young adult human man. I have a bit more hair than the average person, and people often remark that I look kind of a like a bear. I wear plain light-grey clothing with a copper trim.
What are you good at? I am what is known as a Cultivator. Its a bit complicated, but basically I am cultivating 'true essense' or 'Qi' within my body in order to become stronger with the ultimate goal of transcending my mortality. I can sense and manipulate this energy to some degree even outside of my body. At my current stage of development I have the strength and toughness of about 10 ordinary men with somewhat increased longevity as well, and I like to think I am pretty good at hand to hand combat. I also have a bit of knowledge about woodworking from before my initiation, but not to the point where I could have a successful career with it.
Anything else you would like to tell me? While I am stronger than a 'normal' person, I am actually one of the less talented (now former) disciples of the Iron River Sect. My transportation to this place came at the time I was preparing myself to attempt to ascend to the 'Qi Consolidation' stage of my cultivation. And I feel that I have not been sufficiently prepared for this transportation thing.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 06:34:08 pm »

((This isn't dead. Updates will come out... whenever I feel like it, but I'll try to keep some semblance of a schedule. I ran a couple of tests on Discord, but moving to the forum takes some adjustment, so turns might come out slowly at first.

I'll say, these characters were a surprise. There is still technically another slot open, as well, so if anyone feels like joining there's still some time. Supernerd just joined as I was writing the turn, so I'm making a pre-post edit. Signups aren't closed, per se, but I'll see how 5 runs before accepting anyone else.

Also, if anyone needs more detail about your surroundings, feel free to ask.))

Random-Streaks-of-Meaningless-Light

Looking around you, you can see what appears to be some sort of garden, with low hedges and simple pavers, surrounded by cobblestone streets. Buildings of brick and blond stone line the street, and there are street lamps with flames burning a peculiar pink colour. On the other end of the garden, there is a large tower, built of wrought iron. The garden itself forms an elongated pentagon - like a house shape - with intersections branching out at its corners. The sky above is dark, with clear and bright stars but no visible moon. There is a slight breeze, and it's a bit chilly out. The atmosphere is still, not quite tranquil.

Ronda

((I will be assuming that Ronda has some ability to feel different kinds of elements and bonds. Should make the turns more interesting to read.))

You are on some kind of cobblestone side street. Multistory brick buildings flank the street, with wide glass displays. The signs above the buildings are in some strange script, but focusing on them they resolve into legible titles - a headache-inducing sensation. The signs have titles like 'Michael's Ironmongers' and 'A.D Chemist and Alchemist'. Down the street, there is a large wrought iron tower, with two more like it on the horizon. The city feels... a little ominous. Nothing specifically raises any red flags, but there seems like there isn't enough movement. The air seems to be made out of primarily nitrogen and oxygen, with other strange things that you have never felt before.

Eem

When you slowly come to awareness, the first thing you register is a stone ceiling, easily 3-4 Urists 20 or 26 feet high. You are in a small cavern, roughly hewn from blue-grey stone. To your right and a little behind there is a tall, brown metal ladder, hanging in the middle of the cavern. There are three tunnels ahead, one directly ahead and one each at the left and right, about 60 degrees over. Turning around, there is a tunnel behind, and something that looks like an orb or pearl of some description laying on the uneven stone.

Sa'Tique Mi'wake

You seem to be on the edge of a large collection of brick buildings, low and blocky. Some of them are flat, some of them have sawtooth roofs, and others have tall round towers. The sky is a dark, twilight blue, and a thick fog surrounds you. The closest building has an curved glass ceiling, and open archways leading out to a linoleum floor. There are two central platforms with rails on either side, and a loud amber display:

Quote from: Linnenton North Station
Alderville 14m
Little Central 19m

47/99/99 17:01

Su Lin

You come to yourself in a large room, appearing to be some kind of library. There are carpets and tables placed around, and tall bookshelves reaching halfway to the ceiling - which is very high up. Every sound in the room is deadened by... something. You can sense some kind of energy around, in the room, but you can't quite pinpoint what it is. Craning your ears, you can hear a faint buzzing noise, just above the edge of your hearing.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 06:51:58 pm »

Random-Streaks-Of-Meaningless-Light looks up at the sky, and stares confusedly at the stars.
"What the fuck are those!?"

She stares for a while longer, then at the disturbingly far horizon. Then she notices the garden.
"Plants! Hell yes!"

Gnaw on the hedges! Green plants are the best kind of food! These look fresh!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 07:02:25 pm »

Usually the air moves more often…
Try getting into the chemist/alchemist building, maybe they know what’s going on

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 07:13:11 pm »

Su Lin's first thoughts were of confusion. He was quite certain that the place where he last fell asleep was nothing like this place. These thoughts gradually shifted to alarm. In Su Lin's homeworld, books and paper were the kind of luxury that the average citizen could not afford. The conclusion that Su Lin came to, was that his current location must be a library belonging to a particularly powerful sect.

Why he was taken here, was beyond him. As one of the outer disciples, he didn't strike himself as being a particularly valuable hostage and while he may have pissed off a few other disciples recently, the consequence of those particular actions would more likely take the form of physical violence than being taken to a library of the magnitude that he wasn't sure even the elders could afford.

Su Lin wasn't confident that he would be able to get out of this particular predicament, though at the very least he was reasonably certain that he wasn't in the vicinity of any cultivators capable of shattering mountains by the fact that he was not immediately overwhelmed by the energy that such a person would possess. He ultimately decided that the course of action he should take should be to try to feel the Qi in the area to see precisely what he was dealing with... And be very careful not to break anything. He shuddered to think how long it would take to make enough money to replace even one of these bookshelves.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2021, 02:39:58 am »

A pearl of great price! Take pearl. Politely ask pearl which way I should go. Just in case.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 12:57:34 am »

The blizzard had turned a blinding white, a blank canvas pitched upon the world. And now I stood in this spot, surrounded by buildings broad and misshapen. Travelers had brought tales of these types of structures from the lands far to the west, is that where I stood now? Had I had broken through hundreds of leagues westwards?

Another contemplative thought: this was the After, the space that stood past The Black Gates. It was certainly alien enough to be.

I consult the signage with the flickering letters and numbers, which when examined closely melded together into a legible script. Both of these villages stood far away, outside of my own capability for walking on my own. I must find someone closer, in this vicinity. For now I am grateful to draw breath, one way or another.

Silently pray to The Hawk and then proceed into that nearby building with a curved glass ceiling and open archways.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 10:19:28 pm »

Random-Streaks-of-Meaningless-Light

You chomp down on the hedges. Delicious. The woody, earthen notes really compliment the green, fresh taste of the leaves. You get the feeling that somewhere, there is a gardener that is quite disappointed. There's a bitter aftertaste - probably from pesticides or something. You hope it's not too poisonous. Anyway, free food!

There is a rustling in the hedge behind you.

Ronda

The door opens with a little chime as you enter A.D. Chemist and Alchemist. It's a spacious store, with multiple shelves of metal tins and bottles of exotic, heavy compounds of a provenance you're not quite sure of, as well as some other lighter molecules: peroxide in one, acetone... is that turpentine? The labels claim to heal cuts, deaden pain, 'relieve feminine pressures', reduce coughs... there's a lot of things here. The room seems dark at first, but bluish-white artificial light fills it slowly, blinking like they're not in good repair. You hear some sounds coming from behind the counter: scraping and... breathing, maybe?

Eem

You direct your question to the pearl and receive a sudden urge to take the left tunnel in response. Interesting.

The tunnel is dark. It slopes downward, then makes a sudden twist to the right. Your vision can just barely make out shapes: long boxes, covered with rock slabs acting as lids. The chamber you are in is long and low, with boxes on either side and a second row on the shelf. It is uncomfortably warm and the air has no draft. You hear a click and a buzzing before an overhead lamp triggers, filling the room with yellowish light.

Sa'Tique Mi'wake

You enter the building. The floors are dirty and scuffed, but the building itself is deserted. You can only feel the wind and the loud buzzing tone of the display. The fog lifts somewhat. The display blinks, and changes.

Quote from: Linnenton North Station
Alderville 13m
Little Central 18m

47/99/99 17:02

Su Lin

You reach out with your Qi, feeling the surroundings. You feel... a couple of small, fuzzy things, right on the periphery of your senses.

The library is as silent and still as ever, with the faint buzzing still right below your range of hearing. Tilting your head from side to side, you can tell that it's coming from one of the desks closest to you.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Pages: [1] 2 3 4