Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game (6/5)  (Read 2297 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 10:32:52 pm »

Cool, breathing means there’s a person, or at least an animal with lungs. I should figure out what it is before trying to talk
Go towards the breathing
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:47:02 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 11:24:31 pm »

Su Lin's thoughts turned to confusion again. He had thought he was in a dangerous place, but it seemed like the amount of Qi in this place was actually very small. From where Su Lin was from, powerful cultivators tended to prefer being in places with much denser levels of Qi? Why would one of the sects construct a library in a place that would be so uncomfortable to a high ranked cultivator?

Su Lin though about it a bit, and it seemed to make a bit of sense actually. The kind of place you would hide your secrets would be precisely the place where you know your rivals wouldn't want to be right?

Having not been immediately confronted, Su Lin's curiosity gradually started to get the better of him, as he cautiously moved towards the source of the noise...
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 11:52:39 pm »

Pounce it!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 09:17:14 pm »

All these large buildings and no people to fill them. I am uneasy, for something feels off, the alien nature of these surroundings notwithstanding.

I startle upon noticing the changing of the glowing letters and numbers. I glance around and find myself alone still, which can only mean that this script has managed to alter itself automatically. The forces at work here, whether they be magical or technological, are mysterious. I have no familiar bearings besides the stars that shine above, the one constant that leads me to believe this can not be another world entirely.

Linger for a few minutes more, hoping to encounter another person. If this does not come to pass, heads towards Alderville as the sign advertises. It is far away on foot, but still the closer option.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2021, 08:01:38 am »

Open a box. I bet there's something really neat inside that definitely isn't corpses!

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2021, 07:51:25 pm »

(Might retcon or change or do something later, idk. Isn't my best work.)

Random-Streaks-of-Meaningless-Light

You pounce on the source of the rustling and are greeted by the shocked squawking of a medium-sized black bird with a yellow beak. It flies off in a panic, shrieking as it goes.

Ronda

You enter behind the counter and witness a distressed and injured bird. There is a place where the feathers are cut, or perhaps burned away. A rosy pink wound peaks out. It lets out a pained noise, and scratches at the floor with its talons, causing the scraping sound you heard.

Eem

You pry open the box closest to you, moving the heavy stone slab to the side. Predictably, there is a skeleton inside, with a few glinting objects near the pelvis. Coins, perhaps?

Sa'Tique Mi'wake

You wait for people, but you detect nothing save the activity of strange birds. Eventually, looking at the display, you realize that it seems to be displaying a distance in time, not in space. Something seems to be becoming closer.

Wait or attempt to move?

Su Lin

You walk up to the desk and inspect it. There is a small device - a wooden box, with a black face and a prominent toggle switch. The buzzing seems to be coming from it. The desk itself bears history books and encyclopedias, as well as a peculiar machine with some paper and many buttons labelled with letters of the alphabet.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 08:18:53 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 08:53:21 pm »

Su Lin takes a moment to consider the device. While there isn't any obvious qi fluctuations around it, that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a divine treasure that could induce any number of potentially nightmarish consequences if messed with. Su Lin elects to back away slowly...

Su Lin starts looking for the exit to the Library, half expecting someone to jump out at him at any moment.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 09:07:45 pm »

"What the fuck was that thing!?"

Cheerfully set off in a random direction.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 10:38:17 pm »

I’m not sure this’ll work, but I might be able to assist with the healing process
try figuring out what the wound and surrounding skin are made of, then try to assist the bird by diffusing myself in such a way that most of me is covering the wound, then move my various particles so only the water from me can get in
(Turn myself into a protective membrane around the wound and get the rest of my gaseous form around the bird so I don’t put too much pressure on the bird or lose too much of myself)
((you don’t have to describe the reactions if you’d rather not, just what the bird is made of and whether this plan works))

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 11:03:58 am »

Waiting on Eem and Sa'Tique Mi'wake.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2021, 11:47:09 am »

>PUT PEARL IN BOX
>CLOSE BOX
>GO WEST

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 02:31:03 am »

Wait. Something big is coming...

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 07:38:37 pm »

((Can I still join? Maybe it's too late or full, but anyway))

What is your name? Meimie
Where are you from? Meimie's house
What do you look like? An anthro dog girl with orange hair, large furry ears, brown eyes, and a collar with her name on it
What are you good at? Investigation, acrobatics, cooking
Anything else you would like to tell me? Friendly, curious, a bit shy, easily startled. Works at a detective agency

((edit: appearance))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 08:19:07 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2021, 08:31:53 pm »

(The amount of effort that it takes per person isn't that high, but I'm worried that if I take on too many people I'll bite off more than I can chew. I haven't really tested it with this many separate people at once. Nevertheless, I've decided to let you in for now and see how it runs.)

Random-Streaks-of-Meaningless-Light

You set off in a random direction, walking down the street. You enter a street, flanked by shops with terraced houses on their upper floors. One of the closest shops has its lights on.

Ronda

You reach out to the bird. It seems to be primarily made out of carbon-based organic molecules. Your attempt to heal it seems to work, but not as well as you hoped. The bird seems to still be visibly struggling.

(Score one for creativity, at any rate.)

Eem

You put the pearl into the nearest coffin and set off down the corridor. The floor slopes down sharply, and darkness reaches up to you like a gaping maw. By your estimation, you are in a medium-sized cavern. You hear a faint skittering noise.

Sa'Tique Mi'wake

You wait roughly 13 minutes, and a heavy train pulls into the station, squealing as it breaks. It is very loud and gives off great heat. The cars it is pulling grind and automatically open their doors, and a woman's voice is heard.

"All aboard, train to Alderville now arrived."

Su Lin

(I love Su Lin so far. Very expressive.)

You walk out of the great chamber, entering a sumptuous foyer. Exiting the building through there brings you out to some sort of square or plaza, paved with small grey bricks. The sky is dark and starry, and the worn street lamps glow a flaming pink colour that fails to illuminate the streets with any sort of efficacy. The building behind you is labelled "The Imperial Library" in a strange language that hurts to look at. The plaza is flanked with nondescript buildings on all sides, with streets and islands near intersections. Despite your wariness, nothing jumps out at all. Everything is incredibly quiet. Too quiet. Is there anybody here?

Meimie

You come to your senses on a great wide street, paved with cobblestones. The street is on a big hill, sloping downwards. The sky above is a uniform dark grey as if it were about to rain. The street is flanked with wide, tall buildings, easily more than 10 stories. A crack of thunder sounds in the distance.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 08:49:46 pm »

It seemed that for every answer Su Lin stumbles across, two more questions emerged to join it. Once again, Su Lin attempts to get his bearings...

He looks at the street lamps. It seemed like they should be producing more light than they were. Su Lin posited that the reason for this is that they were not getting as much Qi as they needed in order to operate properly. Su Lin might need to consider meditating at some point to get a better feel for it... After he felt like he wasn't potentially in immense danger of course.

He looked at the building label... This left Su Lin absolutely baffled! He was certain that he only knew one language - and wasn't even particularly great at reading and writing with it. The characters used in the writing were very different from what he knew so why could be possibly understand any of it?

He also noted that the buildings in the area were... Incredibly bland. An affluent sect would generally have much fancier architecture than this. Like, giant buildings constructed with gold and jade. The contrast was quite jarring.

Then there was the sky. Su Lin was pretty sure it was supposed to be daytime? Su Lin took a bit of time to stare at the stars. An astronomer, he was not. But didn't the stars used to be... Different somehow?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4