Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game (6/5)  (Read 2292 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 09:00:15 pm »

Meimie jumps at the sudden bellowing sound. "Who's there!?" she turns instinctively, before realizing it was just thunder in the distance. Taking a deep breath she reorients herself, studying the not-so-familiar surroundings. "Where am I?..." she puzzles under her breath.

Slowly stray along the side of the street looking around for any sign of other people, or anything that is at all familiar to me.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 05:24:01 am »

"Flat, flat, flat. This place is very flat. and big."
Lights ponders for a moment.
"Uh, I guess that the ground here is naturally occurring, but people must have built all of the stuff on top of it, probably. Unless they're just really big plants? Yeah, maybe this is just, like, a plant pot except really big? Or maybe I'm tiny."

Carefully try to take a bite out of a wall to see if it's like a big plant. Then go into the lit shop.
"Honey, I'm home! Hey! I'm a paying customer! Someone come attend to me!"

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2021, 10:13:15 pm »

It seemed that for every answer Su Lin stumbles across, two more questions emerged to join it. Once again, Su Lin attempts to get his bearings...

He looks at the street lamps. It seemed like they should be producing more light than they were. Su Lin posited that the reason for this is that they were not getting as much Qi as they needed in order to operate properly. Su Lin might need to consider meditating at some point to get a better feel for it... After he felt like he wasn't potentially in immense danger of course.

He looked at the building label... This left Su Lin absolutely baffled! He was certain that he only knew one language - and wasn't even particularly great at reading and writing with it. The characters used in the writing were very different from what he knew so why could be possibly understand any of it?

He also noted that the buildings in the area were... Incredibly bland. An affluent sect would generally have much fancier architecture than this. Like, giant buildings constructed with gold and jade. The contrast was quite jarring.

Then there was the sky. Su Lin was pretty sure it was supposed to be daytime? Su Lin took a bit of time to stare at the stars. An astronomer, he was not. But didn't the stars used to be... Different somehow?

What is your action? I'm having trouble figuring out what I'm supposed to process.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2021, 11:44:58 pm »

See the bolded text in the spoiler below. Should I bold all my actions going forward?

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2021, 12:02:16 pm »

Turn myself into a mat dense enough for the bird to be able to be on, then try communicating with the bird somehow. If O can understand the signs in this new area without the translator, maybe I can understand animals without it too

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderland - An Open-World Exploration Game (6/5)
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 06:58:42 pm »

Skittering noises usually indicate food. Attempt to hide, watch carefully, prepare to ambush.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2021, 12:58:59 am »

I retreat from the tracks at the approach of this long creature but creep back to my original position when I realize that it does not turn or deviate from its past. It is not a beast at all, but some form of building on wheels. It is like a series of homes attached to one another, with windows to gaze in and out of, people lingering within. The people of this land are so sophisticated that they have managed to combine the home with the wagon. Who knows what others marvels they hold.

Seeing people entering and exiting these mobile homes, and given instruction by some unseen overseer, I decide to clamber aboard. Not knowing what to do once I am on, I stand still and alert, awaiting for this contraption to begin to move once more. Without a tidbit of knowledge of these people's custom, I will choose not to speak unless spoken to, out of wariness for offending them.

Climb aboard and proceed to this "Alderville".

((If my tardiness in posting ever causes a delay in this game, feel free to make a turn without me.))

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2021, 10:47:01 pm »

Random-Streaks-of-Meaningless-Light

You take a cautious bite out of the closest building. No, that's definitely brick. You almost chipped a tooth.

You enter the store, with the door making a little chiming noise. Bottles and boxes cover the shelves. You hear no response to your declaration - wait, is there something behind the counter?

Ronda

You solidify yourself, picking up the bird, before being interrupted by the door opening.

"Honey, I'm home! Hey! I'm a paying customer! Someone come attend to me!"

Eem

You wait, before colliding with a bundle of furs and teeth and claws. It seems like a... rodent of some description? It squeaks and growls as you are caught in a grapple with it. You attempt to wrestle it down, but it is lively and quick. You are currently in a battle with a very large and angry animal.

Sa'Tique Mi'wake

(Feel free to take as much time as you need. I write turns as soon as I get actions for them, and I'm not the fastest person in the world or the one with the freest time, so you don't delay things too much.)

The car is empty, but it really seems like it should be full. There are seats, and poles to hold while standing. The floor was well-worn and scuffed, clearly implying people came on and off. Conspicuously, you have not seen a single human being since becoming aware of your new surroundings. You board the train to Alderville, and the doors slide closed.

Skip to destination (y/n)?

Su Lin

You take a moment to consider your surroundings. The night is still, without any movement of air or creature. The stars are... definitely different. They're very bright and unblinking.

You look at the label again. It clearly says "The Imperial Library". This was inexplicable. You wonder if you are actually capable of reading it, or if the meaning was somehow... supplied to you.

The street lamps flicker and move slowly in their peculiar pink colour as if they were caught in a mild wind. You can see that they are taking in Qi, but clearly, it was not nearly enough.

Meimie

You walk down the wide street. The surrounding city seems unfamiliar to you. The basic elements of it seemed normal enough, but the whole is confusing and different.

You pass an intersection, and a harsh wind bears down on you as you walk past the buildings.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2021, 11:33:49 pm »

Eem

Smash it against the wall! Smash it against the floor! Smash it against the body of a varsity cheerleader! There's no way you're going to get that reference!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 02:56:21 pm »

Take a humanoid shape, holding the bird in my hands, then talk to the customer
“Hi, I’m not sure where the owner is, but if you tell me what you came for I can try helping you get it”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 03:22:39 pm »

“Hi, I’m not sure where the owner is, but if you tell me what you came for I can try helping you get it”

Lights waves.
"I don't have any money, I just wanted your attention. Do you know of a good place to get a job?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2021, 04:21:33 pm »

(Huh. OOC I totally thought those lamps were like, electric or something.)

Su Lin entertained the idea of copying the imperial library sign onto something and attempting to read it to confirm how it works, but such curiosities were currently superseded by the whole uncertainty about being whisked away to a new place ordeal.

On that subject... The fact that the stars themselves are different to the point where he could definitively tell made it clear to Su Lin that he was somewhere far away from his home. Certainly too far for someone at his level of cultivation to make the journey back even if he knew the way, which he did not. Maybe the library would be able to shed some light on which way to go, but that would not change the aforementioned fact.

It was somewhat disconcerting to Su Lin that he did not see even a single person here, or even any animals for that matter. Even at night, this level of silence would be odd. Su Lin figured that he should try taking a jog around the city district to see if he could find anything of importance. Or maybe a fruit bearing tree or something? Su Lin was feeling just a bit peckish.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2021, 04:48:51 pm »

Lights waves.
"I don't have any money, I just wanted your attention. Do you know of a good place to get a job?"
”Sadly no, I’m new to this world. Do you happen to know how to help a bird?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2021, 05:01:37 pm »

"Eh? What's that?"
Lights looks at the feathery thing.

"Uhh... right, I think I've heard of people with a bunch of feathers being called birdpeople. But that's not really people-shaped..."

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2021, 02:16:48 am »

The house wagon is empty, even though there are places for sitting. Better not to question such things, curiosity killed the camel.

Timeskip to Alderville.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4