Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: [IC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance  (Read 10455 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
[IC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance
« on: August 28, 2021, 03:13:09 pm »

OOC

Having set off for the kingdom of Balthar, Hagen Albin and his two trusted companions must first cross the treacherous lands of Renmar. They stay the night at a village on the border, resting in a bed for what may be the last time before their journey reaches its end. Although their travels are sure to be difficult, their mission is of the utmost importance, leaving no time to waste...

"He was perfectly behaved, you must have an excellent trainer back home." the stable hand complimented Astrid as he handed her the reins.

Retrieving Astrid's horse was the last bit of preparation the three travelers had to do before setting out. The next leg of their journey would take them into Renmar, only a small river lay in their way. Once their, things would become much more dangerous, so they were taking their time packing up.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 03:37:23 pm »

The Duke's son greeted the possibly trials and tribulations as he oft did: With a smile on his face. He'd tangled with bandits before and while Renmar had a reputation, especially among the nobles of Alketh, he was sure that the stories were greatly exaggerated. And if they were attacked, he had faith that his friends would be more than enough to see each other through the fighting. Of course, that wasn't any reason to not be careful, which is why he turned to the two women accompanying him.
"Alright you two, we're going to be journeying through Renmar and while I don't expect too much trouble, we should be careful in case we come across some particularly desperate bandits. As long as we stay calm and take them down with an iron defense, they should go running in search of easier prey, as much as it pains me that we have a more important job than protecting the people at the moment."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 03:45:36 pm »

Much like the Duke's son, Valerie greeted the day's trails with a smile... A trait that was slightly diminished thanks to the fact that she greeted everything with a smile. Still, she seemed quite cheerful as the three prepared to get back on the road, having already finished her packing ahead of time,

"It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Thankfully, we all have some experience dealing with raiders and the like. Though, a small group like this would be a tempting target. I'm surprised we haven't actually had to deal with more banditry so far.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 03:48:57 pm »

"Thanks for saying so. Winston's one of the best my family has!" Astrid said as she took her horse back and mounted up.

She listened to her friend's words with a smile of her own. Even if it wasn't definitive they'd see trouble, if they did she was going to do her best to protect them. Although, the idea of potentially leaving a potential threat to attack people didn't sit well... but she had a job to do here.

"Although if they decide to attack us anyway, we'll bloody them enough they won't be a threat to anyone." she added. "No need to worry. I'll make sure nothing happens to either of you."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 06:01:07 pm »

Hagen chuckled at Astrid's response.
"I know that both of us can handle whatever the knaves have to throw at us, but we need to watch Valerie. She'll be vulnerable if they manage to distract us. I trust that you'll be fine though."
He adds the last part quickly, as he turns to the healer in question, not wanting to talk as if she wasn't there.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 06:12:01 pm »

"Your concern is sweet, but don't fret too much over me. I've actually learned a bit on how to handle myself in a fight. I have full confidence in the two of you anyways, no small time bandit is going to have an easy time against a Lord and a proper Knight."
OOC
IC

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 07:10:27 pm »

"I'm sure, but still, worth keeping in mind. Anyway, we should get going. Whose turn was it to ride with me again?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 09:15:08 pm »

Although the trio chatted peacefully, trouble was already brewing. A young man, barely more than a boy, ran up to them. "Lord Hagen!" he cried out, clearly in a panic, "Bandits sir! Please, help!"

The boy's outburst swiftly spawned a small crowd of onlookers, all curious to see what the noble in their midst would do.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2021, 09:32:33 pm »

The young man's shouting quickly brought Hagen's jovilaity to an end. With a frown he turned to address the villager, drawing closer and putting a hand on his shoulder to steady him.
"Calm yourself, can you tell me where you found them?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 09:52:14 pm »

"Speak of the devil..." Astrid said. She checked her weapons, and double checked her Winston's saddle and her own armor. Just as a precaution, and not at all because she knew Hagen well enough to know what he was going to do.
Sigtext!

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 06:45:24 am »

... Somehow, Valerie wasn't surprised that their discussion would bring about the very thing they were hoping to avoid. It was a foolish notion to think they would be able to go through the roads without dealing with some manner of banditry, but it was a hope that was now thoroughly dashed. Still, she made sure to grab her staff off of her back as Hagen spoke to the boy, already guessing what he was going to do next.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2021, 11:13:36 am »

The man took a moment to breath and then explained, "The river sir, they were crossing the river. Was only a few now, but more will surely come. My gran lives outside the walls, I'm mighty worried for her safety, please help."
Defile Circles Discord

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2021, 02:41:19 pm »

Hagen nods, taking a moment to consider how to proceed. After a moment he turns to the other two of his party to give his orders.
"We'll go and take care of the initial group quickly, then with any luck, ones that go running will make some turn back while we meet the rest at the river where we can pick them off while they ford it."
He turns back to the man after he finishes. "Can you take us to them?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2021, 03:44:58 pm »

The young man nodded, leading the group outside the village...

The air is fresh and clean, with the scent of a fresh river spraying through it. Hagen and his companions could readily see three bandits skulking across the plains, with more surely across the river. It was a small scouting group, nothing Hagen hadn't dealt with before.

Map 1: At the Border
Turn 0
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ally Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Status (click to show/hide)
Defile Circles Discord

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2021, 04:37:27 pm »

"The villager said that house was occupied, right? I'll go check it out before that bandit can reach." Astrid said, before galloping off to the house.

K4, visit the house. Also switch equipped weapon to Bronze Sword.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:01:45 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15