Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how okay is it to lie to a girl if you like her  (Read 5329 times)

ufoattacktoturkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
how okay is it to lie to a girl if you like her
« on: September 03, 2021, 12:35:29 am »

hello this is samuel and i was talking to a friend in school today about the pokemon sword and shield that my parents wont buy me because the switch is expensive. when we were talking this girl i like noticed and she said that she loved pokemon and was a big pokemon fan and so i asked her what her favorite pokemon was and she said sunkern. then she asked me what my favorite pokemon was and so i said sunkern. she was like oh really thats my favorite pokemon and she was very excited.

she seemed pretty happy at the time but i really hate sunkern and i feel bad about it. maybe i should have said sunkern was bad? or should i have lied like i did? sunkern is just so weak it is a really bad pokemon but i really like the girl but she likes bad things. if she asks again should i just be honest or keep lying and say sunkern is good? i dont know she seemed really excited but i dont want to be the liar

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: how okay is it to lie to a girl if you like her
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 04:50:14 am »

WAIT
We need to know how the Guinea Pig Science Fair went first
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 09:05:30 am »

This is obviously Part Two of the experiment where the OP first tries to establish a meta-experiment by asking different places subtly different picture puzzle questions with different small mammals and seed-preferences, now he asks different people how willing they'd be willing to lie about different Pokemon in different social circumstances.

(For this new question, if I were devious enough/had enough prep. time, I'd now be thinking of 'fessing up about the lie, but couched as some kind of "It's because I was so stunned by your beauty, I lost all reason! Teach me to really love <whateveritis>, and perhaps I can also teach you to love me despite my initial lovestruck dishonesty!". I mean, it's gotta be better than the "Did you fall from heaven..?"-type line, right?)

((Actual sincere[1] advice: be yourself, because you probably can't be someone else all the time if not being yourself was the only reason you're with someone. How long until you have to go an spoil it all by revealing your deep-down hatred of the one thing that's supposedly keeping you together. Apart from the children, if you actually get that much milage out of the untruth before blurting out the lie your whole relationship was based upon.))

[1] "Always be sincere. Because if you can fake that, you can be anything"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 09:13:41 am »

If you felt it necessary to make this post, I think you already know the answer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 09:16:22 am »

Just talk to her about pokemon, and stop focusing on one part.  There's so much lore and stuff to do with pokemon without empathizing one part.

I liked a lot of pokemon as a younger man.

Like haunter, or nidoking.

But when I was young pokemon was just taking off.  Gen 1 cards and pokemon yellow.... :)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 03:54:03 pm »

This is normal social behavior at your age. I don't think the ethics of the situation are something you should worry about for this brief interaction.

However: If you really want to make friends in the long run, though, it has to be based on your true feelings. You can say which pokemon is your favorite without telling her that you hate Sunkern, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 04:31:35 pm »

Why do you hate sunkern?  That's a strong word to describe a pokemon.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 07:55:26 am »

WAIT
We need to know how the Guinea Pig Science Fair went first

This. No life advice until we get an answer
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 09:01:31 am »

I'm reporting all of you and demand this thread is locked until we know how the Guinea Pig Science Fair went.

(If you feel bad about it, that probably means you should avoid lying like that in the future. You don't need to say things to upset her, but you can also explain it in more nuance, such as "I  think Sunkern is cute, but in the games I prefer to use stronger pokemon")

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 04:07:01 pm »

is this turning into a thread about how to flirt?

Does this guinea pig experiment involve GP air cannons? because, the typical potato gun can be retrofitted to fire GPs, which is a more interesting topic than pokemon.

To answer the thread title's question and using the post's information, you would need to define what "okay" is in this case. You are unlikely to be breaking a law, so are you afraid of upsetting this person, or are you afraid of social justice hammering on your social life? Mixing flirting and pokemon is a bad plan; separate the topics to improve the odds of success, or mix them and probably fail at both.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 01:05:01 am »

If you flirt with her about pokemon, it could go two ways. Either that’s the only medium through which you’ll be able to interact, or it becomes something special between you that you look back on fondly.

In my opinion, the risk of the first is too great. Don’t delve too deep, for pokemon is not an unending well of conversation.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 10:31:39 am »

Flirt with her about hamsters. Discuss which breed is better.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.