Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Mario Kart '21 Grand Prix (Signups closed, waiting list open-next race soon!)  (Read 14453 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart '21 Grand Prix (Signups always open-8 more spots for next race!)
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2021, 06:04:52 pm »

Some useful player notes I collected with a certain viking, sharing with the rest of you.

~Doom shroom and poison shroom are nasty, but can be countered by simply not using them, or getting them removed in the pit-stop, which you could afford the time to, if you pulled ahead. This track in particular gives the ability to use a shortcut to pull ahead right into the pit-stop.

~Tier 1 items, afforded to the race leaders, aren't for getting ahead but keeping from falling back, protecting you from attacks and pass attempts. They're only less useful in the sense that to get a mushroom, you've got to be in the back of the pack. But even a banana for you is taking away a mushroom or a green shell from racer behind you...

~You can definitely say you're not collecting an item box, but otherwise I will assume it's going to be a given you'll go for one-even one you can't use, is one less for your opponents. If you do try to avoid item boxes, they'll be hazard checks to avoid.

~Viking big brain strat with the shield box module. Use the item to send a shield battery to your reserve item slot. Then you can pick up a dragged items-bananas, fake item box, green or red shell from a box. But if reserve the shield item without using it, any non-dragged item you get will be discarded, as the space is already taken up by the battery. So you can cut out some results while keeping the good ones-as of right now there is no dragged items which have negative benefits-and making it one less item box that your opponents will get to use.

~Boo got buffs. He both cleanses you and makes you unable to be targeted by projectile attacks, thrown items, or rams when you use him. It's soft immunity as blue shells and all track items can still nail you, but it's a significant defensive buff-and only one person can have it at a time.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2021, 02:47:11 pm »

Alright, Aston has signaled he's on vacation until saturday, so we'll be autoing him til then. Turn up once I rolled all these crazy dice.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2021, 05:44:31 pm »

Also lol whoops, was checking my numbers (which I should do BEFORE the turn is posed) and I rolled a 1, mini-shroom, on Bowsers item box where I gave him a 10, being a golden shroom.

Offered him a free re-roll.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2021, 05:49:43 pm »

Also, cruising speed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2021, 05:55:51 pm »

Cruising Speed for who? Nobody at 0, and nobody above 5. No speedy/acceleration perks or slow hiccups. I admit I miss things tho.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2021, 05:58:39 pm »

Oh, thought the limit was 4.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2021, 06:14:55 pm »

It is if you have the slow kart hiccup, otherwise it's 5, and 6 with speedy.

Seems you'll have to slow down Waluigi the old fashioned way  :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2021, 04:30:12 pm »

Tracks under construction

MKL is also acquiring' new real estate-here's a sneak peek, 'under the tarp!'

Soaring through the night skies of Mobius has never been more fun. Built around Robotniks abandoned remnants of the aerial docks used to construct the Sky Fortress 1, Sky Chase is a track intended to avail racers of the new aerial segments-which are at greater speeds, and at more risk of danger-losing too much momentum in plane mode can send you spiraling into the abyss! Choose your path-drift in the open skies alongside the crumbling platforms, or risk a labyrinth of rusty metal.

Make sure to pick up the greater volume of weapons here-not only for use on fellow racers, but for clearing out the berserk badniks who still haunt the platform. And watch out for the sky buster!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2021, 04:47:11 am »

Would like to update tonight, but might keep til tomorrow morning.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2021, 08:37:38 am »

Alright, considering the speed which you guys are posting, that one player (Aston) is possibly about ready to come back, and one player (NatureGirl) has been absent with no word for about a week, I'm moving us into a soft 24 hour time limit.

I call if soft because there's no way I can actually post that fast every day lol but it's a nice grace period. I won't update til at least then.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2021, 06:12:41 pm »

Mouser Mafia Recheesed
The Mouser Mafia has infiltrated Mario kart!

We were here all along, kiddo!

<Illegal Mods>
Now available for purchase! Coin costs can be waived if you're willing to do us a small favor in return...

Note: The term 'tinker' is used for both rolling to activate black marks on karts AND rolling to black mark items. Mousers are masters of deception. All mods costs 1 coin unless otherwise indicated, and can also be traded for one obligation to a Mouser Mafia Family. All illegal mods have a limit of ONE suspicion gain per race, per mod. No matter how times you use it, you can only gain one suspicion per mod.

Spoiler: Illegal Mods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:16:38 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12