Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone OOC Thread  (Read 4912 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone OOC Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2021, 07:27:21 pm »

Oh and If you disagree with any ruling in ooc then argue with me in a reasonable manner and make a counteroffer. If you present a solid case i will reconsider.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2021, 07:45:49 pm »

Question, does the discount round down, or up?
For example, an elite race costs 9 essence; with a single-sphere discount to the price, 9*.8 = 7.2. Would the discounted price be 7, or 8?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2021, 08:01:23 pm »

It rounds to the closer so in this Case 7

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2021, 09:51:08 pm »

Price check for a type of algae that can use chemosynthesis and photosynthesis to grow, it would likely receive carbon for its sugars via the carbon dioxide from the various creatures below, so they would have special tissues underwater for collecting it. Specimens that grow near enough crystal light will grow small leaves on the surface to collect said crystal light to help with getting energy for more synthesis. It would receive oxygen and hydrogen from hydrolyzing the water it grows in. Likely from the surface water so as not to interfere with carbon dioxide production. They would eventually, given enough energy, be able to grow stems to be able to collect the various gasses in the air and use those as well.

Price check for a type of microbe that gets energy solely from the breaking chemical bonds, perhaps growing on or in areas where reactions take place. Since they’d be small, they wouldn’t take a lot of energy in small amounts, but enough of them might significantly reduce the amount of energy left to react with other things.

Price check for sentient multicellular microbes about twice the size of the aforementioned ones that survive on the energy of chemical bond breaking. This sentient race would also be able to live off of chemical bonds, but can also make the various gasses around them into liquids, allowing them to create droplets of whatever liquid they make depending on what gas was around at the time, that they can use as transportation across the air to other algae patches if necessary, also the ability to produce a toxin when they are swallowed.

Maybe I should put them in hypothetical sheets, I need to think of names, the names here might not be the final names, the names here will be placeholder names to hopefully better summarize what I tried and probably failed to describe

Quote from: plant (can it be considered a plant if it uses chemosynthesis instead of photosynthesis?)
Plant Name: Dark Algae
Plant Description: A type of algae that grows in water. It gets in energy by collecting various chemicals from the air and water, as well as using hydrolysis, to make its cells and grow. They appear black, as even though their primary fuel is chemosynthesis, they will absorb any photons that come their way to assist in reactions. They grow roots underwater unlike most algae, these roots collect things found in the water, as well as the water itself. There is a special tissue at the edge of their leaves at the to[ of the water. This tissue stores electricity and releases it intermittently to hydrolyze water while the leaf collects the molecular hydrogen, molecular oxygen, hydroxyls, or water vapor that may form. Each specimen has a circular leaf surrounded by the aforementioned hydrolyzing tissue. The leaf collects a myriad of gasses from the air and is where most of the synthesis takes place. These algae feel cold to the touch as not a lot of heat manages to escape, as they are very efficient with their reactions
Special Abilities: Able to grow using nearly any gas and liquid water, able to absorb and use photons of nearly any wavelength, barring the highest of gamma frequency waves, is able to use any heat energy it produces to continue synthesis, resulting in very little, if any, heat loss, causing it to be cold to the touch[/quote

Quote from: Bond Breaking Microbe
Creature Name: Lysophage
Creature Description: Single called prokaryote that survives by breaking chemical bonds and/or being on or in something that breaks chemical bonds. They are transparent so that photons can pass through. If there are large groups, one might see varying colors depending on what molecules are inside them being broken down. Single atoms and ions are released.
Sapiant Powerlevel:
Special Abilities: Able to break any chemical bond. Can convert energy directly into cytoplasm and genetic material as well as the membrane

Quote from: Sapient Microbe
Creature Name: Brainlings
Creature Description: Multicellular microbes that are able to eat the algae and the bond breaking microbes that are bout half their size. They appear as dark grey spheres with pink lines and circles. These pink circles are nerve cells, the pink lines are what connects them. The grey is from the algae they consume. They have flagella in all directions, each controlled by a nerve connecting to it. The nerves used for thinking are larger and are are towards the center of their bodies. The outer cells and flagella send info about what’s around them. If they are eaten, they release a toxin to hopefully kill what ate them, or get whatever ate them to vomit/spit them out
Sapiant Powerlevel: Am unsure if Advanced or Elite, will put the traits down, which ones would be a given and which would be considered supernatural?
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
Special Abilities: Immune to the Bond breaking microbes, can secrete toxin at will, when dividing for reproduction, some memories are kept by the progeny
[all creature/plant names subject to change]

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2021, 10:05:09 pm »

Price check for a type of algae that can use chemosynthesis and photosynthesis to grow, it would likely receive carbon for its sugars via the carbon dioxide from the various creatures below, so they would have special tissues underwater for collecting it. Specimens that grow near enough crystal light will grow small leaves on the surface to collect said crystal light to help with getting energy for more synthesis. It would receive oxygen and hydrogen from hydrolyzing the water it grows in. Likely from the surface water so as not to interfere with carbon dioxide production. They would eventually, given enough energy, be able to grow stems to be able to collect the various gasses in the air and use those as well.

Price check for a type of microbe that gets energy solely from the breaking chemical bonds, perhaps growing on or in areas where reactions take place. Since they’d be small, they wouldn’t take a lot of energy in small amounts, but enough of them might significantly reduce the amount of energy left to react with other things.

Price check for sentient multicellular microbes about twice the size of the aforementioned ones that survive on the energy of chemical bond breaking. This sentient race would also be able to live off of chemical bonds, but can also make the various gasses around them into liquids, allowing them to create droplets of whatever liquid they make depending on what gas was around at the time, that they can use as transportation across the air to other algae patches if necessary, also the ability to produce a toxin when they are swallowed.

Maybe I should put them in hypothetical sheets, I need to think of names, the names here might not be the final names, the names here will be placeholder names to hopefully better summarize what I tried and probably failed to describe

Quote from: plant (can it be considered a plant if it uses chemosynthesis instead of photosynthesis?)
Plant Name: Dark Algae
Plant Description: A type of algae that grows in water. It gets in energy by collecting various chemicals from the air and water, as well as using hydrolysis, to make its cells and grow. They appear black, as even though their primary fuel is chemosynthesis, they will absorb any photons that come their way to assist in reactions. They grow roots underwater unlike most algae, these roots collect things found in the water, as well as the water itself. There is a special tissue at the edge of their leaves at the to[ of the water. This tissue stores electricity and releases it intermittently to hydrolyze water while the leaf collects the molecular hydrogen, molecular oxygen, hydroxyls, or water vapor that may form. Each specimen has a circular leaf surrounded by the aforementioned hydrolyzing tissue. The leaf collects a myriad of gasses from the air and is where most of the synthesis takes place. These algae feel cold to the touch as not a lot of heat manages to escape, as they are very efficient with their reactions
Special Abilities: Able to grow using nearly any gas and liquid water, able to absorb and use photons of nearly any wavelength, barring the highest of gamma frequency waves, is able to use any heat energy it produces to continue synthesis, resulting in very little, if any, heat loss, causing it to be cold to the touch[/quote

Quote from: Bond Breaking Microbe
Creature Name: Lysophage
Creature Description: Single called prokaryote that survives by breaking chemical bonds and/or being on or in something that breaks chemical bonds. They are transparent so that photons can pass through. If there are large groups, one might see varying colors depending on what molecules are inside them being broken down. Single atoms and ions are released.
Sapiant Powerlevel:
Special Abilities: Able to break any chemical bond. Can convert energy directly into cytoplasm and genetic material as well as the membrane

Quote from: Sapient Microbe
Creature Description: Multicellular microbes that are able to eat the algae and the bond breaking microbes that are bout half their size. They appear as dark grey spheres with pink lines and circles. These pink circles are nerve cells, the pink lines are what connects them. The grey is from the algae they consume. They have flagella in all directions, each controlled by a nerve connecting to it. The nerves used for thinking are larger and are are towards the center of their bodies. The outer cells and flagella send info about what’s around them. If they are eaten, they release a toxin to hopefully kill what ate them, or get whatever ate them to vomit/spit them out
Sapiant Powerlevel: Am unsure if Advanced or Elite, will put the traits down, which ones would be a given and which would be considered supernatural?
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
Special Abilities: Immune to the Bond breaking microbes, can secrete toxin at will, when dividing for reproduction, some memories are kept by the progeny
[all creature/plant names subject to change]
You remember what happened with the sapient microbes in Ema, right?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:12:27 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2021, 10:08:47 pm »

Where/what is Emma? And nope, not heard of what happened there

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2021, 10:15:15 pm »

It was a godgame by Nakeen, if you haven't heard of it. Well, what happened was that they got made big and took over a large portion of the planet.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2021, 10:18:45 pm »

It was a godgame by Nakeen, if you haven't heard of it. Well, what happened was that they got made big and took over a large portion of the planet.
Given their food source consists of small creatures, if anyone wanted to make them big, they’d have to make the algae and bond breaking microbes bigger too, the latter of which would be more difficult because the bigger they are, the longer it would take for them to grow and they might have a harder time finding areas to grow, while bonds can be broken, if they’re bigger, lone atoms and ions and such would be stuck in them for longer

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2021, 10:34:28 pm »

Thoughts on a race, should them being of particularly large size be included as a special trait, or would it be allowed to simply be a thing while other things are special traits? Also, is a certain mental inclination (say, wanderlust, or an affinity for making things) a special trait, or is it part of the species?
I've been thinking giant mortals (well, about twice or thrice human height, not like mythical towering giants) with an inclination toward making things, and if those could be free, making them sleepless and capable of producing some sort of material (either something like spider silk or else more like the stuff termites make their hives from).

EDIT: Addendum, what about having multiple arms? Specifically if they're all functional; Stirk's guys have a pair of arms that's not actually doing anything, so I understand that they wouldn't factor into mechanics.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:41:33 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2021, 10:46:30 pm »

Shouldn't I be down one essence due to donating one?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2021, 10:56:36 pm »

Price check for the three ideas?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2021, 10:57:57 pm »

I know what the price would be, they're intended to be an Elite race, they're 9E by default. The question is really more on what counts as a natural special trait, what can be a trait without being a special trait, and what traits may not be viable even as a natural special trait, possibly requiring being supernatural and therefore of even higher level and cost.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2021, 11:03:13 pm »

Doing a price check for this sentient race that I sorta but not really made up for a different game but never got used so im using it here now:
Spoiler: Nezumi (click to show/hide)

Also obligatory normal rats to cause existential crises for the Nezumi
Spoiler: Rat (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2021, 11:37:37 pm »

I know what the price would be, they're intended to be an Elite race, they're 9E by default. The question is really more on what counts as a natural special trait, what can be a trait without being a special trait, and what traits may not be viable even as a natural special trait, possibly requiring being supernatural and therefore of even higher level and cost.
It seems I will have to limit some traits, I’m assuming the algae and bond breaking microbes will cost Essence too. Yes, specifying what counts as just something in their description vs a trait that would increase Essence cost. I will skip the bond breaking microbes for now and or edit the brainlings to be able to feed on things other than the algae. Price check on the Dark Algae? I’m not sure a plat can be considered elite, it being able to use nearly any gas as well as water for synthesis, as well as being able to use photons of nearly any wavelength, must increase the Essence count of them I would think

Quote from: Brainlings (revised)
Creature Description: Multicellular microbes that are able to eat various small things, mostly algae and gametes of things like sponges. Sometimes they can be found on fish eggs. They appear as spheres with pink lines and circles as well as whatever food they are digesting at the time. The pink circles are nerve cells, the pink lines are what connects them. They have flagella in all directions, each controlled by a nerve connecting to it. The nerves used for thinking are larger and are are towards the center of their bodies. The outer cells and flagella send info about what’s around them. If they are eaten, they release a toxin to hopefully kill what ate them, or get whatever ate them to vomit/spit them out. Brainlings reproduce asexually
Sapiant Powerlevel: One trait now, so Advanced unless asexual reproduction is a trait
STR
DEX 1
CON 1
INT 1
WIS
CHA -1
Special Abilities: can secrete toxin at will

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2021, 04:15:11 am »

Giant size would probably be able to bei represented by strength Boni and constitution Boni, so no Special trait needed.
Same goes for arms.

Id say all the microbes and nezumi both are Elite races. 9e
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9