Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: MKL21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 5-Mudslide!)  (Read 18123 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drive Olaf-Style.  (Defensively)

"Olaf always goes first!  Hah!"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 06:43:27 pm by Devastator »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-Season 1, Race 1: Luigis Waterway (Race Start!)
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 04:04:18 pm »

Mid-pack... not ideal, but hopefully he wouldn't be the first one bitten.  That risk would come later.

Drive aggressively!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 04:43:43 pm »

Cranky Kong curses as his Kart stalls on the starting line. With a thwack of his cane, the Speedy Pete gives one more acrid backfire before jerking onto the course behind every other racer!

Boiled Bananas, Diddy, what did you fuel this thing with? Plantains?
It's a Mushroom Kingdom Kart engine, Pop Pop! They run on Stardust!
Stardust, indeed. Newfangled, unreliable technology! There's no time to lose if I don't want to reunite with Chompy at the end of the first curve!

Knowing he'll need more Momentum to make a move in the curve, Cranky Kong takes an Aggressive line into the straightaway, pushing his Kart to live up to its name!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

YOU NUDGED ME! UNFAIR! CHEATER!!! WAAAAAAAAA!! Drive aggressively! WAAAAAAA!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 07:47:54 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 3-Chompys Revenge)
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 11:02:46 am »

Luigi's Waterway - Turn Three

All racers entering PURPLE!
Spoiler: Segment Tags (click to show/hide)
1st<---->8th
https://youtu.be/iFgrerDaAdo <--Track Mood Music
Player Action

Aggression!

Jack Frost joins the pack and ignores the immediate scuffle over the fish and instead tries to maneuver aggressively for position!

[3] Jack plows into a Cheep Cheep right away, however-the flappy fish sticks to his windshield, blocking his vision-the kart gains NO momentum!

He also takes a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

Drive aggressively

Bowser needs to make up some space on the track-he hits the accelerator!

[1] Bowser's kart runs over a cheep-cheep that was in his way! It's trapped under his wheels! He loses 1 momentum and is danger of falling back! Is the Koopa King done for?

Drive Olaf-Style.  (Defensively)

"Olaf always goes first! Hah!"

With a mocking viking laugh, Olaf moves to defend his position from the hungry racers behind him! He gains +1 against pass checks, attacks, and hazards!

Mid-pack... not ideal, but hopefully he wouldn't be the first one bitten.  That risk would come later.

Drive aggressively!

Crank accelerates forward, hoping to get out of the middle of the pack!

[5] He swerves between the fish expertly, and timing an engine kick right before he hits the dash panel, gains 2 momentum!

Knowing he'll need more Momentum to make a move in the curve, Cranky Kong takes an Aggressive line into the straightaway, pushing his Kart to live up to its name!
"Stardust, indeed. Newfangled, unreliable technology! There's no time to lose if I don't want to reunite with Chompy at the end of the first curve!"

Cranky, apparently confused about things, rambles as he tries to whack his kart into shape!

[5] It responds well-the engine shapes up and begins behaving like a proper engine should, gaining 2 Momentum! The acrid smoke clears away and is replaced by fresh air and the pleasant rumble of badly nailed wooden barrels-his poor handling makes his Kart very wobbly! It's rattling down the track like a cart in the Monkey Mines! He takes an additional -1 to hazard checks! But thankfully there's no hazard in this section!

YOU NUDGED ME! UNFAIR! CHEATER!!! WAAAAAAAAA!! Drive aggressively! WAAAAAAA!!!

Enraged by cheaters, Waluigi hits the gas!

[2] The WAH fails because waluigi forgot the 'H'! He gains NO momentum! Waa-h!

Off the beat...

Joe uses defensive driving!

Bzzzt...battery low...please reconnect charger...

Rotom uses defensive driving!

Everyone who took an aggressive lane also gains a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

Movement phase
The Racers are heading past the mid-line! Everyone is hitting the boost!

Everyone gains +1 Momentum! Bowser uses the boost to dislodge the Cheep Cheep from under his kart, and just recovers enough momentum so he can stay with the pack! We can't see the Cheep on the track anymore-it's entirely possible Bowser just ate it.

...Chompy can't wait any longer, he's getting ready to attack Olaf!

(Racer <--> Hazard. Remember dice order is set in the order you posted! No posters get sent to the back in order of track position.)

[5+3+1=9] vs [1]

Chompy tries to yank on his chain at long range, only to be unexpectedly pulled back! That's the power of Krocanium Steel for you! Lucky Olaf!

The racers fight for position!

Olaf, despite having a good chance to pull ahead, opts to go slow and steady! He's in no hurry to get closer to chompy!

Cranky has his spectacles set on the unfortunate Bowser!

[2+1] vs [6+4] (vs Bowser) [2+3] vs [2+1+1] (Vs Rotom)

Cranky blasts by the puttering Koopa King, loses 1 momentum, and sets his sights on Rotom, who seems to be having some technical difficulties, and is racing defensively! The Pokemon is no match in that state-Cranky spends another momentum to rattle up the line into 6th! Jack Frost is just out of reach, but this is an amazing recovery! Can the Old Kong keep up the pace?

Bowser and Rotom are now stuck at the back of the pack, and neither of them have an attempt to move up! One by choice, the other not!

Nor can Jack catch up to Crank! He's been left in the Gloombas dust, staring at Cranks bumper! Or at least would be, if there wasn't a Cheep Cheep fluttering futilely on his windshield.

Crank, however, makes his move against a quietly meditating Karate Joe! It's going to be close!

[6+5=11] vs [1+4+1=6]

Crank again proves why he's the champ! The Gloomba ZOOMS by Joe! He spends one momentum and rolls into 3rd!

Joe himself is driving defensively and concentrates on holding his position!

Waluigi Wah's in anger! He can't catch up to the Fattest Viking!

Cleanup phase
A fair few fish are flopping fretfully about the track! It seems no one wanted to risk jumping for one-but no one turned down a chance to snatch one either!

(3, 3, 2, 2, 4, 3, 3, 3) (Um, lel)

The Cheep Cheeps seem to be angered no one bothered to catch them, and hop back in the water en masse-no one manages to get a single one!

Except for Jack! He finally manages to pluck the Fish off his windshield and plops it into the water bowl on the back of his kart-brr! That poor cheep cheep is shivering in the frigid water!

1st Place!!! (https://youtu.be/JrIJCtvcKM8)
2nd Place!
3rd Place!
4th Place!
5th Place..!
6th Place..?
7th Place.
8th Place... (https://youtu.be/5CTfvSgdo30)

Seems most of our racers are going all out! The fishing was a bit poor, though!

We'll have to see if the decision to build up momentum was the right one! There might not be as many fish on the other side of the track!

...The racers are now entering purple!

They now have another decision! Inner curve, outer curve, or Chompys Yard?

The outer curve is a bit further from Chompy, has a dash panel, and gives +1 bonus to power slides-definitely the safe pick!

But the inner curve also provides +1 to power slides, and allows one free pass attempt over those who played it safe! You also get a chance to snag an item box, if you can manage to get one before they're all gone! Assuming you can avoid Chompy, it's winning choice!

But some sort of daredevil might actually try to cut through Chompys yard! It gives a free pass attempt even over those who take the inner curve-also keeping them doing the same to you!-and gives you a better chance to pull ahead if you can snag first place!

Seems risk and reward are pretty directly related to how close you are to Ol' Chompy! Looks like he's winding up for his signature attack, The Gloomba Sweeper!

Time to see some crazy movement on the track! Everybody lean in your seats! What comes next is going to be based as much on skill as calculation-you have the potential to really burn past your opponents, even pull out free and easy into the next segment-but only if you time your slide just right!

Also, Hey Jim, do you ever get tired of speaking with exclamation points!

Nope, Bob!

"CHOMP CHOMP!"

Ol' Chompy is acting a bit oddly for Chomp-instead of charging at the nearest racers, he's gone in the opposite direction! He's spinning around his peg and gaining momentum, and aiming his body to bounce low along the outside rail of the track-it looks like he's going to sweep the whole length of the track with his chain and gobble up any karts he knocks down!

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)
[/td][/tr][/table]

"And while only Jack snagged one, but for the audience at home we'll outline this new special 'item' added to MKL!"

"I'm not sure they enjoy being referred to as items! But anyway...the Red Cheep Cheep is a single use item that can be used to either hit the shortcut at the end of the track-or tossed at an opponent!"

"It's got a better chance of slipping up your opponent, but it's real advantage is denying your opponent his own cheep! If a Red Cheep hits a Kart with a Green Cheep-or vice versa, they'll both tumble right back into the water!"

"On the downside, Ol' Chompy really LOVES the taste of Red Cheep Cheeps! Holding one in your Kart and not sharing is guaranteed to attract his ire!"

Red Cheep Cheep
Support: Single, Special, Hazardous
Offensive: Slippery, Thrown
Damage: Spinout
Specials:
[Tasty] +2 to Ol' Chompys Hazard check against your kart
[Free Cheepy] Free Shortcut in Blue Curve, expends item
[Intolerant] If hit by a thrown Green Cheep Cheep-lose your cheep and get flipped (-2 Momentum)
[Baited] If hit by Ol' Chompy, he eats your Cheep Cheep!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:43:59 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 3-Ol Chompys Revenge)
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 11:57:40 am »

Inner Circle, Power Slide.  Use my Shield box to fill my reserve item slot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:37:53 pm by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 01:55:19 pm »

GRRRRR! EVEN UNIVERSE IS CHEATER! WAAAAAAAA!! Follow that cheater! Inner Circle, Power Slide! WAAAAAAA!!!

Also Waluigi has always said

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 02:09:49 pm »

Buuuurrrpp. Well, looks like I got nothing to lose, so let’s kick up the action and burn some road! GWAHAHAHA!”

Power slide the inner curve, laughing all the way, and try to get an item too
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 03:03:18 pm by SuperDino85 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 02:28:10 pm »

Drive defensively, Inner Curve
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:52:34 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 04:40:33 pm »

>Talk
"Hey old chompy! If I give you some fishes, would you join my party? ehehe, I'd love to see what I could fuse you into..."
Outer curve, toss Chompy a fishie! If >Talk doesn't count as an action, then Power Slide!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2021, 04:43:49 pm »

The Announcers Box lights up.

"Talking is always a free action! And so is item interaction! You're clear, little frosty man!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 04:45:08 pm »

"What!? Where I'm from that takes up your turn! This is overpowered!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 04:49:03 pm »

"Our reality, our rules! Things might be different if we ever get around to your neck of the multiverse."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 06:48:07 pm »

Not only does speaking not take up your turn, it doesn't even take any time! Why, I remember one time in my youth when I engaged in a duel of wits with a vile Necromancer. Seven feet tall he was, and draped in black robes, but I managed to distract him with a long analysis of wool-dyeing techniques! You can't get a really good black with charcoal, you know, so you usually have to use some kind of blue dye that you repeatedly stain until it appears black. The Necromancer- Zalthar was his name, as I recall- was using the sap of the logwood tree to get his black, but I knew the location of a particular beetle whose carapce, once ground, created an incredibly intense black dye that wouldn't fade when his zombies washed it. Anyway, that's about when my half-orc Barbarian friend clove him in twain with a greataxe, stole all the XP, too...

As Cranky Kong continues his rambling story about what was likely, in retrospect, a long-ago game of Kongs and Kremlings, he drifts to the outer lane of the first curve. Abruptly realizing he is danger of driving straight off the course, he throws the Speedy Pete into a Powerslide hoping the broad curve helps him get a Momentum boost while staying clear of Ol' Chompy!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 06:54:02 pm »

"..."

For just a moment, Crank's eyes met a familiar, round, hungry face.  This didn't need to happen again; the most aggressive driving could wait a bit.

Inner curve, powerslide!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14