Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: MKL21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 5-Mudslide!)  (Read 18816 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: MK21 GP-S1/R2 [Pre Race!] (Choco Island Raceway 1)
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2021, 02:56:46 pm »

”This fludd seems a bit heavy. Can I take it off and get a different Choco Fludd?

Charisma Check [1d20+4] = 17+4=21

"Hmm, I usually say NO REFUNDS, but in this case I'm talking to a 1000 pound Lizard tyrant who can breath fire and so I was taking a look at your mod, and found out somebody filled the bottom of the chocolate tank with liquid cheese! That's a lot heavier than chocolate! No idea how it got in there! We're gonna break out the nachos, but how about you take this other FLUDD we have instead? Last one in stock, so I guess can take it or keep what you have, but only one, heh?"

Bowser picks it up and inspects it...

Hey, was that a giggle?

Choco-Fludd
Ghost Kart
Apparently the spare Choco-Fludd is haunted by the spirits of nearby Choco-Ghost House!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2021, 03:06:18 pm »

”This one seems…haunted. I’ll take it!”

Then turns to the haunted fludd and whispers to whoever is in there
”Hey, I know you’re in there! I hope you’ve been practicing being scary, or I’m going to be disappointed! Consider scaring me as your final exam!”
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:10:17 pm by SuperDino85 »

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2021, 04:00:08 pm »

too....slow...
Dampe installs only his Hylian Shovel to his kart

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MKL 21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 0-Darkest Chocolate Dungeon)
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2021, 12:04:10 pm »

Race day!

[30] Waluigi's kart has barely ambled to the starting line before he smells something...bad. The colonels words echo in his mind.

There's a lot that can go wrong on the track-this season you'll have to deal with poison shrooms. Tenacious, toxic, and terrible, it's all three T's and then some. It's an item that will poison you if you try to clean it by hand, much like the toilets in Leavenworth prison. Your best bet is inhibit their growth by amplifying your karts inventory-in other words, grab an item, and keep it in your reserve slot. Leave no room for the mushrooms to grow. If your kart comes down with one, consider a pit stop to remove it-at worst, take a big bite, then suffer the effects until you can get it repaired. Finishing the race will also allow it to be removed safely-it's not worth losing a race over, mind you. If you have to take the damage to get a vital item, don't hesitate to do so! All that matters is the mission!

3 turns til Poison Shroom growth!
Hero Boosts

[7]Clean Intake (Streamlined)
Boomers voice crackles on the radio

"...Morning, Crank! You should feel the kart getting some better draft today-figured if we're gonna take advantage of that thing, the boys whipped up a new wide nose filter that should help with this thick chocolate air...and you know, it'll also reduce your profile, make it harder for anyone to draft behind you. Good luck, eh?"

[2]Lucky Star (Item Boost)
Bowser feels invigorated today! Something about the land puts him in a conquering state of mind...he's pretty sure he could take out all these islands no problem-and there's enough room for the whole family!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bowsers tyrannical musings come with a power all their own-his kart begins to build up star power!

[5]Field Repair (Compensator)
Dampe put in a solid nights of work repairing and retooling his kart, eager to give his best his first race. He feels the Kart is responding well-it's already compensating for the weight of the shovel, effectively making his kart flawless! He makes sure to bring along his toolbag in case he has to do more repairs on the track. In all, he feels his kart can take much more of a pounding now.

"We're about ready to begin, folks!"
"All the racers are at the starting line and hopefully ready!"
"Eyes on the rocket starters! Whose going to come out swinging, and whose going to play it safe?"
"...Dick Dastardly is trying to rocket start before the green light-activate the star-gravity clamps!"
"These crazy kids!"
Choco Island Raceway - Turn 0

Tied<---->Tied
https://youtu.be/sqQBz1TL97I <--Track Mood Music
Player Action
Rocket Start, or play it safe?

Via Discord: Dick Dastardly has already indicated ROCKET START

Racing Order!
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None (3 turns to Poison Shroom!)
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None
Tied!
Momentum- 0
Items-None

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:06:42 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 0-Darkest Chocolate Dungeon)
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2021, 12:56:49 pm »

"Let's use this moment to give a rundown of todays racers and how they're shaped up!"

"Our first rookie racer is Dick Dastardly!"
"Today he's performing under a high stakes sponsorship for Viking cola-first place will give him a huge payoff, but otherwise his employment status is quite uncertain!"
"Who knows what lengths he might go to win?"
"His kart is sporting high acceleration, and a combination loot vacuum and choco-fludd. His kart is also reportedly suffering a number of minor technological issues in lucksparks, signal strength, booster strength and according to our track engineers 'a concentration of pure evil'. Thankfully he's countering the last one with his fludd device! There's also been some rumors his weapon system may be 'enhanced', given some footage we obtained of a recent nighttime race..."
"...But no such device is yet apparent, and no one has been able to find the mysterious accomplice seen in the video, so his identity in this manner cannot yet be ascertained."

a scruffy dog with an overcoat and sunglasses walks by behind in the crowd

"And how's our favorite Jack holding up?"
"Jack is fresh on a low stakes contract with Burger Kun, giving moderate rewards for every placement 3rd or better. He'll likely be retained for some time if he can maintain and improve his public image..."
"His karts sporting a new pair of chocotires like several of the racers, and he's added a powerful ramming device of his own design to his kart!"
"An interesting choice! Hopefully it will counteract some of the low weight issues he was suffering last race-no doubt the free burgers will help with that too. Track reports are he's going to suffer signal issues and poor luckspark generation, neither of which are 'race enders' as such. He'll just have to be a bit more careful picking up items!"
"We caution anyone against peddling unsubstantiated rumors about Jacks 'Secret Weapon', we're sure the only weapon he has are his heart and soul."

"Cranky Kong is fresh off on an ahem, 'adjusted' 1st place win..."
"And no doubt looking to silence the naysayers by actually winning!"
"His kart is now furnished with a pair of chocotires and a drastically improved drafting package-he's pretty much got the whole kit. Watch out if he gets behind you, by the time you look, he'll have blown past! We've received word from his Pit Chief that the odd last minute addition to his kart is a 'purely decorative and non-functional art piece donated by an excited fan'! It seems to have done no favor for his handling, nor the oddities around his kart that can't be entirely explained with a full auto checkup-which MKL offers to all racers, and compensates with a coin for finding a clean kart!"
"His sponsor today is KremKroc industries, who has offered him a win or die proposition-if he can manage a 1st or 2nd place, he'll rake in the coins and continue his nigh eternal contract, but anything lower and he'll be bounced..."
"...And KremKroc will cash in on his reputation even as they fire him!"

"Who could forget our favorite Purple Plumber?"
"He's one of the unfortunates who didn't get any sponsorship deals, but if he races well today, he'll no doubt find one in his mail soon!"
"Well, he did get a sponsorship deal, but he turned it down!"
"I'm sure that will work out for him!"
"His Kart seems suspiciously unmodified from his previous race-you'd think he would have spent his coins on something other than that waffle drill!"
"Maybe all a man needs is a good drill! His kart is definitely still suffering poison shrooms, and the drill is causing serious engine problems-hopefully he account for both of them today."

"Crank raced excellently last week, but life has a way of letting you down-he had to settle for a spot in the back of the pack."
"But he wouldn't be a legend if he gave up so easily!"
"We're all hoping for better things this week!"
"He's another racer without a major sponsor, though the Arctic Drilling Expedition 2021 has provided him with public recognition, and a new repair device to test on the track-we've got word it has some effect on the temperature gauge during drafts, for both him and his opponent-Temp gauges are devices we recently installed on every kart. His team seems to have improved his drafting profile for this track in alignment with that."
"His Kart's high acceleration module took serious damage last race from an errant green shell fired by Cranky Kong-so the repairs are in good order. And if he gets something worse on track, it'll help with that too."

"Bowser had a terrible string of bad luck last race, though you wouldn't tell by his mood today! He looks raring to go!"
"Maybe it's the new Red Do' he's sporting for team flare, or that funky purple shell! The constraints of his contract are pretty public-all he has to do is defeat Burger-Kuns racer, Jack Frost."
"Easier said than done, eh?"
"His kart has received a bit of an overhaul since last race-he's gone with chocotires and a chocofludd, like several of the racers, but he's also showing off his new high acceleration system...a device which is, apparently, without flaws. His Kart is also producing much more lucksparks than normal-pretty much everyone can see, his kart is practically humming with gold. Is this the power of the Phanto key at work? We'll have to ask him in an interview!"
"Reports also say he's dealing with sticky wheels-not good in all the chocolate-and boo haunting! You'd think the ghosts would be afraid of him!"

"Unfortunately we don't have a lot to say about our newest and most mysterious racer, Dampe!"
"No sponsor, little gear, no race record! He's a fresh rookie today!"
"His kart does seem to have been upgraded with quite a large shovel! Be careful getting close to him, or you'll get clobbered!"
"And we've noted his kart seems particularly robust and well engineered-something that can only come from extensive pre race tweaking. Maybe Dampe is a closet gearhead?"
"I look forward to him showing us!"
"And who could forget our Track Boss, Tricky the Triceratops? He's got a few words before we begin! Let's go down to the track!"

"Hey kids! I'm looking forward to a fine race today! This may not be my usual stomping ground, but really, wherever Tricky walks IS the stomping ground! To the rest of you racers-stay outta my way! I don't need your fancy coins for winning, but everyone of you I beat gets me ten free chocolate bars plus another thirty just for showing up. I'm looking forward to a long boat ride home, so I could use a lot of snacks! Say, a full hundred! Hahaha!"

"Any racer who can overcome Tricky can expect quite a boost to their popularity! Likewise, Dinosaurs love chocolate!"

Tricky starts running in place, causing the track to rumble!

Action: Tricky is preparing to Dino-rocket start!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:03:01 pm by Dwarmin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2021, 01:08:13 pm »

Think it's time we blow this thing... get all the people and the stuff together... OKAY THREE TWO ONE ROCKET START
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2021, 01:15:44 pm »

"WALUIGI SHALL DO THE EXACT SAME SUPER SECRET TACTIC WALUIGI USED LAST TIME EXCEPT THIS TIME WALUIGI WILL WIN! WAAAAAAAA!!"
PLAY IT SAFE TOXIC STAR™ WAAAAAAAA!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2021, 02:51:39 pm »

talks to his fludd again ”Hey you ghosts back there, buckle up! It’s showtime!”

Rocket start!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

As the Speedy Pete rolls up to the starting line, the pit radio crackles to life!

Be careful out there, Pop Pop! A little bird told me our Kremkroc friends have put a hit out on you, so everyone will be looking for a chance to pound you into the choco-dirt!
Let them try- an old racer like me knows a thing or two! Just need to steer clear of Jack, he looks tooled up for headhunting.
Yep! I mean, no! That is, you beat him in a duel last time, and I'm sure you can handle him again! In fact, you should go out of your way to knock him down a peg, show'm who's boss! Embarrass him in front of his sponsor, put him to the back of the pack, or at least behind Bowser!
That seems... vindictive? What's gotten into you, Diddy?

There's no time to listen to Diddy's mumbled excuses, however- the starting light is about to go green! Remembering how his distraction cost him last race, Cranky puts his Pit Crew Chief out of his mind and focuses on his Rocket Start!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2021, 03:40:56 pm »

Looking over the other racers, Jack can't help but notice an odd change from the two mario-universe monsters and that shovel guy. It's a bit hard to explain, something to do with spinning map icons? Regardless, it would seem that the balance of Law and Chaos has shifted! Jack idly wonders if he should attempt to cash in on that...
Well, too late to do anything now! Better just focus on the headhunting, hee ho!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2021, 06:18:42 pm »

Dampe mumbles a quick prayer to the Three Goddesses before deciding to ROCKET START

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2021, 06:28:25 pm »

As if these things can hinder me. If anything it just means I can build up starting speed safely. The star-gravity clamps only seem to be holding it in place, the wheels are still spinning up for when it lets loose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21 Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 11-Explosive Banana Sundae)
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2021, 07:32:51 pm »

Crank knew he had to do far better than last time.  Maybe the contraption the research team sent would help?  It was pretty adaptable; right now it was compensating for his cold start, but he could change it on the fly.  He'd probably need to.

Rocket start!  Compensate for cold start!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 1-Godzilla vs Kong)
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2021, 12:04:32 pm »

Tied<---->Tied
Everyone entering BLUE!
Spoiler: BLUE Segment (click to show/hide)
https://youtu.be/sqQBz1TL97I <--Track Mood Music
Player Actions
Everybody but Waluigi rocket starts!

Dick Dastardly spins his tires waiting for the gravity tether to release! [2] Unfortunately, this causes his kart to create a huge pit in the ground, sending mud flying all over the track! 1 Momentum!

The track and his kart struggle to affect this outcome-the increases sugar in the air gives his rocket a better burn (+1 momentum) but his cold start (-1 momentum) sucks away all his gains! Nevertheless, his high acceleration system allows him to crawl out the grave he dug for his career with 2 Momentum!

Jack Frost hits his snow-rocket starter! [3] He mistimes the effect slightly, however, and instead of snowflakes it comes out looking like a choco-frosting shake! 1 Momentum!

Thankfully, the sugar boost in the air seems to favor such a nutritious snack-his rocket overcharges, increasing his kart to 2 Momentum off the line!

Waluigi decides to forgo a rocket start (his rocket is lousy anyway waaa) for the entirely reasonable method of DARK STAR ENERGY BOOST! (2/3 uses left)

Waluigi gains 3 momentum off the line, hopping past the other racers!

Crank takes a deep breath...

[1]

The sudden shock of increased pressure to his rocket booster causes him to slip on the pedal and miss a vital second! 0 Momentum!

But he's always accounted for this outcome with his high acceleration system, which kicks in at gets his kart moving up to 2 Momentum! A second later, a welcome surprise-his compensator helps counteract the damage to his rocket ignition, and the sugar laden air burns fercely, giving him an additional plus one momentum, ending him up at 3!

Crank shoots out in line with Waluigi (Who's Kart is acting very weirdly) and right past Jack and Dick!

[5] Bowser feels his new high acceleration mesh with an excellent sugar assisted rocket start, giving him a respectable 3 Momentum! He breaks towards the cluster of racers competing for the front!

Bowser hears another giggle from his fludd device.

Cranky ultimately decides to start this race out exactly how he did the last!

[1! 0 Momentum!]

Instead of rocketing forward, Crankys kart rocket spins in place due to the increased boost power nobody warned him about! While he uses the resulting energy to at least get on the track (1 momentum), he's fallen a vital step behind the other racers!

Dampe is not if the Goddesses can hear prayers all the way in other worlds, but it can't hurt to try... [6]

Power, Wisdom, and Courage are in equal measure as Dampes kart bursts off the line with a perfectly timed rocket start! The sugar dust in the air further increases his boost by 1 momentum, giving him 4 momentum! He blasts by the other racers in a blur!

[3] Tricky takes off the line at a slow rumble-the sugar in the air is doing no favor to his acceleration!

"Back of the line? Guess I'll have to work my way to the front!"

Movement Phase
Dampe rolls out uncontested into a clean 1st place!

Waluigi, Crank and Bowser tussle in the following pack!
[1] vs [2] vs [1]

Crank edges his way right past Waluigi as all three of them immediately begin to struggle on the unfamiliar dirt track! He takes 2nd!

[2] vs [2]
[4] vs [3]

Waluigi and Bowser contest furiously, but ultimately the strange dark power in Waluigis kart gives him enough speed to cut ahead and take 3rd! Bowser rolls into 4th!

Behind them, Dick and Jack try not to fall behind anymore!
[3] vs [2]

Dick Dastardly uses a ground based pun (maybe, 'here's dirt in your eye!' or 'They do say I'm a dirty cheater!') and spins his wheels, flicking off the rest of the road mud right into Jacks face! The resulting mud-flagration allows him to just barely pass and take 5th!

Jack wipes off and rolls into 6th! Spitting mud on him? That's awful brave for someone in morningstar range...

Cranky meanwhile, faces off with a Dinosaur! An Ape fighting a Giant Reptile? The racing master now has the title for his next turn!

[6] vs [2]

Cranky cuts ahead of Tricky without much difficulty, dinosaurs are REALLY slow!

Tricky, meanwhile, has a rebuttal.

"RAAAAAAAAWR! SMAAAAASH!"

Cranky looks in his rearview mirror-he can see Tricky building up speed behind him, coming into squashing range!

Tricky is preparing to ram Cranky! He can choose to let Tricky pass him, or try to keep his position!

"Careful Pop-Pop, I remember Tricky from my days on the Diddy kart circuit-he'll smash you smaller than my new GamerKing HD200X theater flatscreen!"

Cranky is pretty sure Trickys rage is more or less a general rage towards all living things and not a directed rage toward him specifically-he could cut to one side and let him pass, to avoid a fatal squashing. It might even pay to go into the pitstop, which would both avoid the rampaging dinosaur and allow him a better rocket start!

Racing Order!
1st Place!!!
Momentum- 4
Items-None
2nd!!
Momentum- 3
Items-None
3rd!
Momentum- 3
Items-None (2 turns to Poison Shroom!)
4th.!
Momentum- 3
Items-None
5th..!
Momentum- 2
Items-None
6th...!
Momentum- 2
Items-None
7th...?
Momentum- 1
Items-None
8th...
Momentum- 1
Items-None

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)

"Dampe comes out with an amazing start! The first segment of our track is a tricky, twisty turn-hit the curve for some juicy item boxes, or go straight ahead for a quick pit stop and a rocket boost to recover some speed-but, you don't get both!"
"Time for some dirty racing, eh? The dirt track will soon claim it's due!"
"Speaking of Dirty, MKL has flagged Waluigi for potential rules infraction and the race has barely begun! His kart is behaving very oddly!"

Waluigi gains +1 Suspicion!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:14:16 pm by Dwarmin »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 1-Godzilla vs Kong)
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2021, 12:09:30 pm »

"WALUIGI IS FEELING CONFIDENT OF WALUIGI'S GURANTEED VICTORY SO WALUIGI SHALL GRAB A ITEM BOX THIS TIME WAAAAAAAAA!"
AGGRESSIVE DRIVE! USE TOXIC STAR™! GRAB A ITEM BOX! WAAAAAAAA!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14