Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: MKL21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 5-Mudslide!)  (Read 18108 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 5-Waaa Boosters Activated!)
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2021, 03:47:11 pm »

Cranky Kong's knuckles are white, his hands in a trembling deathgrip on the steering wheel. Luigi's Waterway has become a confounding warzone, demanding his complete attention! Shells are flying, Cheeps are slimeing, POWs are pounding, there's even some kind of terrorsquid lurking in the river! Still, through a combination of veteran experience, sturdy Kart construction (they don't make'm like they used to,) and the superior reactions common to the Kong race, Cranky has attacked the straightaway almost as well as he could have! All he needs is one more thing.

As he gets ready to enter Ol' Chompy's turn, he tilts the Speedy Pete onto its driver side wheels, reaching out with his cane to hook the last Red Cheep to feed the ravenous beast. But then, just as he's about to claim his fishy fishy prize, his Pit radio blares discordantly!

Wow, Mr. Cranky, what a move! Way to go! I've got a dono from kremtastic64 here, and he wants to know if you practiced that back in your Diddy Kart days?
Gah! The momentary distraction is enough to make Cranky lose his grip- both his cane and his Cheep tumble away! DIXIE KONG! How did you get on this infernal radio!?!
Sorry Pop Pop. I've been trying to manage your online presence, but Dixie has a lot more experience with that sort of thing, being an influencer and all, so I gave her a live feed.
Influencer? What in the name of K Rool's Coconuts does that mean?
Hah, Mr. Cranky, you're so funny. This is why we love you! Lots of people want to hear what's going on in the race, and I knew Diddy was your Pit Crew Chief, so like, it only makes sense that if anyone gets the rights to vinestream your races it would be me! I'm seeing a lot of shell emotes in chat, they loved the way you nailed that weird mushroom guy!
Weird mushroom guy? That's Crank, you disrespectful little teenybopper! Former Star Cup Champion, one of the only original racers still in the league!
Well, he's gross and ugly, and should cover up that squishy dome with a nice wig. Or a hat, maybe a nice boater would suit him. Anyway, thank you very much to barrelboi69 for the 5 gift subs, that's incredibly generous! He says-
Diddy, get her off the channel! And find me another cane!
Great idea, Pop Pop! That's the kind of insider action our audience wants to see! Though come to think of it, I don't recall seeing anyone with a cane in the Mushroom Kingdom before...

Mercifully, the radio goes silent as the younger Kongs become distracted with the quest for the cane, leaving Cranky free to focus on his racing! Unfortunately, the dreadful Chompy is loose on the track, and Cranky doesn't have a fish to distract him, unlike his rival Crank! Keeping a keen eye on the beast's location, Cranky Drives Defensively through the Inner Curve, hoping to avoid aggravating the massive hazard and maybe pick up a new item!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 11:33:46 pm by monk12 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 7-Mid race massacre!)
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2021, 03:51:23 pm »

Hah!  I do not fear any bouncy shells!  Not with this magic shield!  Little ice man, find out why they call me The Stout!

Ramming Speed!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:18:09 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 5-Waaa Boosters Activated!)
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2021, 04:40:00 pm »

On the chaos of the kart-battlefield, the little icecream man come out on top! Somehow! Seeing that the chaos continues ahead of him, he elects to focus, not really used to talking being a free action and all.
Shells and cheep slime ahead, angry viking behind, Drive Defensively!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Damn it!"

This was bad.  Crank fell back on experience; the pit stop was a requirement at this point.  Without a sponsor, he'd have no chance of getting his kart fixed, and it was only going to get worse.  There was a little chance here, but he was probably about to get bitten...

Powerslide the inside curve!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 7-Mid race massacre!)
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2021, 05:08:53 am »

Drive Defensively in the Inner Curve

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 8-Plunge of the Purple Plumber)
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2021, 03:44:38 pm »

Luigi's Waterway - Turn Eight

Jack Frost and Olaf are entering BLUE!
BLUE SEGMENT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone else (But Rotom) entering GREEN!
GREEN SEGMENT
1st<---->8th
https://youtu.be/iFgrerDaAdo <--Track Mood Music
Player Action
On the chaos of the kart-battlefield, the little icecream man come out on top! Somehow! Seeing that the chaos continues ahead of him, he elects to focus, not really used to talking being a free action and all.
Shells and cheep slime ahead, angry viking behind, Drive Defensively!

Inked and rapidly approaching a gauntlet of green shells, Jack Frost feels like his cousin Jack Ripper, is sneaking up on him with a razor blade and wisely slows down-concentrating avoid threats forward and behind...

In Jacks Mind, dice roll over and over again, trying to shake out the bad luck everyone is due for sooner or later.

+1 to passing, hazards, and attacks!

Ramming Speed!

"Hah!  I do not fear any bouncy shells!  Not with this magic shield!  Little ice man, find out why they call me The Stout!"

Having made a bold vow, Olaf prepares to claim 1st at any cost, even if he has smash someone into flatbread-he sets his Kart on a collision course with anything, shield leading the way!

Defensive driving but in a way that makes it seem like its actually aggressive driving WAAAAAAA!

"GAHHHHHHHH NO FAIR NO FAIR NO FAIR NO FAIR WALUIGI NUMBER ONE NOT NUMBER THREE WHY MUST EVERYBODY CHEAT WALUIGI OUT OF VICTORY WHY CANT THEY JUST PLAY FAIR AND LET WALUIGI WIN WAAAAAAA!!! ...THATS IT NO MORE MR NICE WALUIGI IF EVERYONE WANTS TO CHEAT AGAINST WALUIGI SO BAD THEN WALUIGI SHALL START CHEATING AGAINST THEM WAAAAAAAA!"

Having made a bold vow, Waluigi proceeds to...drive defensively aggressive, as if his good sense is warring with his over-dramatic nature, and for the moment, perhaps good sense is winning.

This was bad.  Crank fell back on experience; the pit stop was a requirement at this point.  Without a sponsor, he'd have no chance of getting his kart fixed, and it was only going to get worse.  There was a little chance here, but he was probably about to get bitten...

Powerslide the inside curve!

"Damn it!"

Seeing no choice, Crank the Gloomba takes a hard line to the inside-hitting his power slide for all its worth. His decision not to give up his red Cheep Cheep seems to earn a nod from Chompy, as one warrior to another, but he can expect no mercy...

[5+1=6]

Crank has been in tight spots. Every racer worth their mushrooms has. Point is, can you keep your cool? For the moment, Crank maintains his composure-he manages to execute a well timed powerslide, earning +1 to pass checks and +1 momentum!-putting some distance from him and the rest of the pack, most of whom played it safe. (New Total Momentum: 4)

Drives Defensively through the Inner Curve

Sorry Pop Pop. I've been trying to manage your online presence, but Dixie has a lot more experience with that sort of thing, being an influencer and all, so I gave her a live feed.

Influencer? What in the name of K Rool's Coconuts does that mean?

Hah, Mr. Cranky, you're so funny. This is why we love you! Lots of people want to hear what's going on in the race, and I knew Diddy was your Pit Crew Chief, so like, it only makes sense that if anyone gets the rights to vinestream your races it would be me! I'm seeing a lot of shell emotes in chat, they loved the way you nailed that weird mushroom guy!

Weird mushroom guy? That's Crank, you disrespectful little teenybopper! Former Star Cup Champion, one of the only original racers still in the league!

Well, he's gross and ugly, and should cover up that squishy dome with a nice wig. Or a hat, maybe a nice boater would suit him. Anyway, thank you very much to barrelboi69 for the 5 gift subs, that's incredibly generous! He says-

Diddy, get her off the channel! And find me another cane!

Great idea, Pop Pop! That's the kind of insider action our audience wants to see! Though come to think of it, I don't recall seeing anyone with a cane in the Mushroom Kingdom before...

Cranky follows up his previous amazing racing with a slow and easy defensive minded turn-joining Joe as they attempt to weave past Ol' Chompy carefully, even taking the inside curve-which contains Chompys favorite item boxes!

Drive Defensively in the Inner Curve

Joe decides discretion is the better part of value, and slows down so he can accurately gauge the timing of Chompys next attacks.

Powerslide the inner curve like a maniac!! (And let out a shrill whistle at Chompy)

Buuuurrrrrpp!! Okay…I better stop eating those…I gotta put more effort into catching up! And making sure Chompy gets more food daily than he’s been getting! Maybe I’ll personally hire the snowman…”

Bowser seems energized by his opponents careful driving-they must be afraid! He HITS THE GAS AND POWERS THROUGH!  [5+1=6]

An aggressive tactic earns him +1 to pass checks and +1 momentum! (New Total Momentum: 3) over his more sheepish opponents-Joe is still too far ahead to catch, though!

Despite being at the back of the pack for most of the race, Bowser feels his aggressive energy and inability to admit defeat are what some sponsors are looking for-someone who is ready to rumble and never gives up! Now he just needs to build up some speed and get a good position-race ain't over yet!

Rotom downloading Skill.PNG...3%/100% completed...

Action: Rotom uses defensive driving!

Movement phase

In Green...

Jack Frost is the first to reach what is being called by Jim and Bob as 'Cranks Barricade'-if half of what they are saying is true, he's done this sort of thing before. Very sneaky! Almost enough to merit respect!

Three shells bounce in chaotic semi-rhythm ahead...

[6+1-1=5]

Jacks controls are hardly responding, but a minor miracle occurs as the moment he passes, the projectiles seemingly part peacefully to allow him to pass.

Olaf fears no shells! If anything he's eager to test his shields durability!

[1+2=3]

As if the Frozen Trickster planned it, the shell storm that allowed Jack to pass without issue, converge on Olaf like blasts from the Terrible Tomators Energy cannon! His mighty shield manages to block two shells, but the third one slips under his guard and slams into his kart!

-2 Momentum! (Now 0 total!)

Olafs kart slams into the side of the track with a harsh scrape, sending longboat splinters and a few hidden donuts flying-he's in danger of wiping out...or would be, had Waaaa~ man been more aggressive in his driving. Waluigis caution gives Olaf enough time to putter forward-not that he expected Waluigi would risk a mighty ramming! It seems he's not out of the race yet!

He looks up to see the oddest thing-Waaa~ man is attacking him from the air!

Waluigi fears shells! He watches with Waluigian glee as the Viking finally goes down (while noting the cheater shield STILL HASN'T ACTUALLY BEEN DAMAGED), and in true villain fashion, is taken down by Karma as the remaining two cursed shells angle his way!

[3+1-1=3]

Waluigis prudent driving, is unfortunately, not enough-the cursed blooper ink again solidifies his steering wheel, leaving him pounding on his controls helplessly as a green shell caroms into his kart!

-2 Momentum! (Now -1 total!)

Waluigi enters NEGATIVE MOMENTUM! His kart springs off the wall and goes flying forward, violating various laws of physics, angling down to crash into Olaf! Waaaaaaaa!

Jack Frost, Olaf, and Waluigi hit the dash panel! Olaf manages to gain enough speed to avoid the plummeting plumber, but Waluigi's kart is now rolling like a Katamari ball and picks up just enough speed that if he doesn't gain control of it, he'll be sent flying into the river...hey, at least the Blooper Ink is gone.

Waluigi is in danger of wiping out!

Jack Frost gets to feel clean for a brief moment as the dash panel clears off the terrible ink, restoring him to his former vanilla ice cream coloration. Then he gets to feel disgusting, as he hits a huge pile of cheep slime that had built up right ahead of the dash panel! His kart goes into a wild skid!

[1+1=2]

-1 Momentum! Now 1 total!

Jack manages to straighten out and get back up to speed just before Olaf gets close enough to flatten him. Hey, well, it could always be worse...hee.

In Purple...

Ol' Chompy, as if testing his new freedom, bounces about experimentally. Anyone who has ever seen a Chain Chomp in action knows they are usually staked down. They're pretty agile for creatures without any visible method of movement-Chompy abruptly bounces into the sky! Higher...and higher!

Crank the Gloomba looks up to see a familiar face streaking down at him like a toothy meteor. It's not a complex attack, but...now he realizes, why Chompy didn't immediately make his escape upon his peg breaking.

He was waiting for you.

[6-1=5] vs [6+2=8]

Crank tries all his most desperate tricks to avoid it, but Chompy has chosen his angle of attack perfectly-The Gloomba perhaps reaches despair, before he finishes calculating there's absolutely no way with his momentum, he can possibly avoid the attack. There's not an inch of room to spare. Nothing he can do without driving up the wall and launching himself into the river out of spite.

But for a Chain Chomp to be able to gauge such things with such unerring accuracy...

WHAM! -2 Momentum! (Now 2 momentum total!)

Chompy elects at the last moment to spare Crank a kart krushing blow, instead opting to completely tear off his rear bumper-Crank squirts forward, amazingly alive, having suffered only the most superficial of damage. Unless you count to his pride. He feels on some level he may have been spared...or maybe it was just luck. Who can say?

Afterwards, Chompy will bop over to his now destroyed peg and gently adds Cranks bumper to his collection of blue Kart parts...

Cranky the Kong witnesses the oddly constrained devastation, glad he (like before) chose to play it safe.

[4+1-1=4] vs [2]

This time it works better-Chompy seems intent on bringing back some sort of trophy from the smashed Karter, and ignores Cranky completely.

Karate Joe keeps a careful eye on the giant Chomping Chainball. He's not sure anything like this exists in his universe...

He hears a whistle behind him.

[1-1+1=1] vs [1]

The creatures sudden explosion of movement is a blur. But not, thankfully, directed him. He feels a dissonance in his being that implies this calamity was averted by the very barest of margins.

Bowser caps his maniacal power slide with a shrill, mocking whistle!

"~Tweeeeeeeeet!"

Wow, those Chain Chomps can really move when they're angry! He only gets the impression of a toothy blur rapidly approaching him, before...

[1-1=0] vs [6]

Bowsers kart is shaken back and forth with the fury of a thousand Chomps!

-2 Momentum! (Now 1 total!)
HICCUP GAINED!
[18][Kart Hiccup: Greased Up]

When Bowser's Kart is finally allowed to leave his (well deserved) beating, ambling down the track at a wobbly pace, he notices his controls are a bit...sticky. His whole kart is very sticky. It seems to have been coated down to the very stardust engine in Chain Chomp saliva, which everyone knows, is extremely adhesive. He's been Greased Up-his motor and steering should work completely fine for now...but this glue will become a serious issue if its introduced to any other nastiness, like blooper ink or magikoopa spells.

But until then, I suppose it's not a problem! Bwahahaha!

Still, might be worth it to take a pit stop and have this stuff cleaned out before it becomes a permanent problem...

Rotom rolls peacefully forward, auto-pilot blinking cheerfully.

[3+1=3] vs [6]

Chompy makes no effort to spare the pokemon, leaping after them the moment they are done savaging Bowser.

-2 momentum Chompy seems to enjoy Rotoms fruity electric taste! He swallows Rotom with a gulp! Rotom is in danger of wiping out!

Chompy is free!
Having disposed of all competitors, Chompy arrogantly bounces away...

He abruptly begins moving... [Heads:clockwise/Tails: counter] backwards down the track, into the red segment-seems he's going to catch the red cheeps that are bouncing all over the track!

The racers begin to contest for position, though in most cases the outcome is dire...

Rotom did not intend to tour a Chain Chomps digestive system on this trip, but that's just what they are getting. Thankfully Rotoms are plasma based lifeforms and quite resilient...

Bowser's kart limps forward with insane determination, Joe far too ahead to contest. Well, he's been dipped in lava before...he always came out fine.

Joes defensive driving allows no room for error, or opportunity for passing-he eyes the wily Kong carefully.

Cranky the Kong seizes on his opportunity for an easy pass on the Gloomba... [7] vs [7] But passing Crank is never easy! Yet again, the veteran racer manages to stay ahead by just a hair, extending his power slide further than ought to be possible...

Crank the Gloomba has no chance to pull ahead, but his opponents careful driving means they won't be passing him right now. Still in it...

Waluigi is contemplating life choices as his kart approaches the point where he either recovers, or...

Olaf just can't catch up to little ice man!

Jack Frost is pretty glad all that is behind them! But his kart is barely ambling-he has to pick up speed, or...

Rotom[2]  By the time the pokemons emergency teleport system kicks in, they are left in the back of the pack! Rotom has wiped out in purple!

Waluigi[3] ...Waluigi hits the side of the track like a springboard, sending him careening into the sky-the deep river rapidly approaches. The Cheep Cheeps are laughing at him, amused at his fall. The cheaters have won.
*Splash!*
Waluigi has wiped out in green! Eventually, a fishin' Lakitu drags him out of the water by the seat of his trousers-another one takes his picture for Mushroom Royal news.

Tomorrows headline will no doubt read 'WALUIGI ALL WAAA-SHED UP'...unless he manages to pull off an amazing come from behind victory...

Nobody has enough momentum to pull ahead!

Cleanup phase

Item Box snatching!
[5] Crank the Gloomba, again, manages to come out of the mess with an item in hand-just the right way of rolling with the fall, really. His notices immediately the effects of his low loot hiccup-the loot readout goes haywire, showing all his items in 8-bit.

T2 Loot Roll = [6-1=5] ...Blooper!

"OOOAAAHHHH HOH HOH HOH HOH HOH!"

"OOOAAAHHHH HOH HOH HOH HOH HOH!"

[4] Cranky Kong reaches out with his cane to...oh, never mind. He just drives into an item box! Easy pickings.

T3 Loot Roll = [7] ...Thunderbolt!

Cranky sees a button light up on his banana barrel dashboard that looks, predictably, like a thunderbolt. If he presses it, the entire track will be struck down by a powerful spell from the trainee Magikoopas lurking just off track. Except him of course.

[6] Joe has little competition over item boxes with Bowser and Rotom being devoured behind him.
Finally, he sees the results of his hard training kicking in, as his grey belt feeds the combined power of raw effort into his karts luck circuit. In truth, the finer points of technology are not his strong suit.

T3 Loot Roll = [5+1=6] ...Star!
Joe has heard of these mysterious 'power stars'. They supposedly grant a great deal of pure solar energy, and near invulnerability. Unlike everything else in this reality, he feels this is one of the few things in perfect balance with the world around it. It is both battery and generator, absolute stability that anchors the world around its own existence. It is the antithesis of discord and entropy. And it is in his hands.

[4] Bowser manages to amble into one of the few item boxes left...but being at the back of the pack, this one is guaranteed to have value!

T3 Loot Roll = [1] ...Phanto key!
Bowser is not sure what rolled out of the item box. It's a big golden key! Looks valuable. But in a kart race? His attention is drawn to the distance, where he perceives far off, a small tear in...something. Like if the air was a piece of cloth? All he has to do is, well, drive to it. He feels intrinsically that if he does so, the key will lead him to something valuable. But he has no idea what.

Bowser feels when he completes this lap, he'll get a great reward if he still has the key!

Something about these keys, though. Weren't they supposed to be guarded by something...? He'd never leave a single gold coin in his own castle undefended, so it stands to reason...at that moment a blood red and bone white flying mask with a terrifying grin, composed of mind melting pixels, zooms down out of another 'tear' in the air-clearly in pursuit.

[2] Jack's attempt to snag a green cheep was ruined by his spinout! All he got was a handful of cheep slime.

RETURN THE KEY!

Oh, right. Phanto. Better drive fast, Bowser!

Waluigi and Rotom both recover three momentum from falling back! Waluigi has NOT changed position (he's just in the front of the pack...that was behind him!)

Leading pack!
1st Place!!! (https://youtu.be/y_3mbCzJPJI) (A personal favorite of mine!)
Momentum- 1
Items-None
2nd Place!!
Momentum- 1
Items-[Active: Robotic Shield (3/3)Charges][Special:Green Cheep]

Trailing pack!
3rd Place!
Momentum- 3
Items-[Special:Green Cheep]
4th Place!
Momentum- 2
Items-[Reserve: Blooper][Special:Red Cheep]
5th Place..
Momentum- 5
Items-[Reserve: Thunderbolt][Dragged:Triple Green Shell (1/3)Shells]
6th Place...!
Momentum- 5
Items-[Reserve: Star]
7th Place...?
Momentum- 1
Items-[Reserve: Phanto key]
8th Place... (https://youtu.be/fCiHSZzuwdc) Does anyone have a full restore?
Momentum- 3
Items- None

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)

A lot of careful driving this time around!

In most cases it paid off!

But in some cases...

Well, our drivers our approaching the shortcut again-but who's going to risk hopping over the pond with Chompy waiting for them?

A number of field attack items are also on the track...

Joe has a powerful star in his arsenal. It might just be the item that secures him a win!

And Bowser is being chased by a terrifying mask! Well, good luck Bowser!

Tough luck for Waluigi AND Rotom-they've both fallen back!

But Waluigi still managed to hold onto his cheep-if he can just get into the next segment...

Well, I think we're in for an exciting final lap! Olaf and Joe are currently in a very slow 1st place tussle-the next turn could determine who closes this race out.

The racers in green will be glad to power through-just watch out for those last shells, racers! We've got them bouncing in both active racing lanes!

2+1=3/3 Green Cheeps are bouncing!
Track Update!
Changing conditions!

PURPLE SEGMENT
Chompy is free!
---Hazard Modifier---
Chompy is...not present!

GREEN SEGMENT
Shell Barricade (1 shells) (4 turns left to bounce)
A deadly green shell dropped by Crank, bouncing around the track. Aimed ahead of the dash panel-enjoy the irony!

BLUE SEGMENT
Shell Barricade (1 shells) (4 turns left to bounce)
A deadly green shell randomly dropped by Bowser, bouncing around the track.

RED SEGMENT
Chompy is free!

---Hazard---
Chompy will attack all racers with a no modifier hazard check bonus. (with obvious exceptions)
Having been well fed by the jumping cheeps, however, you gain no penalty to your roll while he is in red segment.
Collecting a red cheep puts you in danger of being AIRBONE, however!
3 turns til the Track Lakitus get him under control!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:49:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

Waluigi's left eye starts twitching it looks like he is about to blow! "WRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! WALUGI NUMBER ONE YOU CHEATING-" The rest of Waluigi's speech has been censored for the safety of the audience at home. "-MACKEREL! AGH WALUIGI CANT LOSE!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA! DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY WALUIGI NUMBER 1 WALUIGI NUMBER 1 WALUIGI NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 04:08:23 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shortcut!  Use the green cheep to bypass the lucky ice-thing!  Olaf WILL be in first!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2021, 04:27:37 pm »

"Chaos, chaos! Hee hee!"
Hit the dash panel aggressively!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

”That…was…AWESOME!! Good boy, Chompy!! Now as for you, Phanto…catch me if you can! Bwaaahahahaha!

Catch a green cheep without eating it

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

The laughter that haunted Crank's nightmares echoed in his ears.

Fire the blooper!  Powerslide!  Don't pick up a green cheep cheep!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Discord action from Monk12

Draft, then fire Green Shell forward (if I can time it for after the draft resolves.)

Looks like Cranky Kong is preparing to draft past that Irascible Gloomba!

I see what you did there!

Looks like he's also lining up another shell to fire-who's going to get it this time?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 9-Banana Blast!)
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2021, 12:22:18 pm »

Luigi's Waterway - Turn Nine

Jack Frost and Olaf are entering RED!
RED SEGMENT

Everyone else (But Rotom) entering BLUE!
BLUE SEGMENT
1st<---->8th
https://youtu.be/iFgrerDaAdo <--Track Mood Music
Player Action

Waluigi, Jack, and Olaf get inked!

Hit the dash panel aggressively!
"Chaos, chaos! Hee hee!"

You know the thing about chaos? It's fair.

Jack hears the familiar flappy whirring sound he now recognizes as the flying squid-thing (He thinks the announcers called it a Blooba), and judging but it's rude voice, it's the same one.

<~Bloop!~ Who's ready for ROUND 2, you land swimming jerks? That's right, it's A-ME, BLOOPIO! WA YA WAHOO GO ~Bloop!~ YOURSELVES!  WHO'S READY TO GET DOWN AND INK-AY?!>

The Blooper teleports behind Jack (<Nothing personal, kid!>) and shoots another ink glob that lands right in his rear engine block, which was just so clean a moment ago.

Inked! -1 to hazard, driving, and pass checks until the end of the next turn!

Jack hits the accelerator, now that he knows the dash panels can clean this goop off-hoping he can get there as fast as possible!

[4-1=3]

Jack feels a moment of exhilaration as he begins to gain speed, but then his brakes and steering lock up from the ink! Feeling his kart begin a deadly drift into that terrible water pit, he desperately yanks on the wheel to avoid that, scraping up against the wall before straightening out! Jack gains NO momentum!

He sees a green shell randomly spinning in his direction-not sure where it came from, but...no good!

Shortcut!  Use the green cheep to bypass the lucky ice-thing!  Olaf WILL be in first!

Olaf does not stop to consider his actions-if he can manage this shortcut, the race is all but his! He has just has to dodge Chompy, Cheep Grease, and his own lack of momentum!

Olaf attempts the shortcut
-1 momentum (now 0!)

Olafs lack of speed greatly hampers him-he reckons if he jumps with his Cheep too early, he'll be carried right into the water pit. Jump a bit too late, and get chomped. And if he gets hit by the grease, Chompy WILL get him...he saw how fast it moved before...

The viking decides he'll have to jump at the lowest point and power up the slope! Which is about when another Blekksprut shows up, firing ink shots into his engine and dash. Well, he could have timed this all better. Aggressive driving and taking shortcuts while inked is...very risky.

*Splat!*

(Rolling vs falling back upon reaching red)
[1-1=0]
HICCUP GAINED!
[14][Kart Hiccup: Slow Start]

Olaf will not tolerate any 'jokes' about his weight, which is perfectly natural for a healthy viking warrior of his height and build. Still, the Green Cheep struggles to carry him! He's forced to jump his kart earlier than he might have wished, dumping the cheep into the water below-he lands on the dry grassy slope with...just enough grip on the track that he feels his kart begin to climb, rather than slide-but to do so, he has to hit his rocket starter, pouring star power into his engine in a way it was not at all designed to. Even then it's tortuously slow, like climbing up the side of a glacier-he can smell his engine making an oddly delicious burning scent! By the time his Kart can climb up the track, Olaf might feel that he might as well just gone around and hit the dash panel...

The burning smell increases as his Kart struggles to reach the gap. It's downright baking bread now!

In a few moments, he's going to realize he really damaged his rocket-booster quite badly here-the price of not falling in the drink is his kart is going to be suffering Cold Starts from now on...unless he dips into the pit stop and nips the problem right quick, the entrance to which beckons invitingly just ahead and above of him.

Result: Due to having 0 momentum after his jump and flubbing his wipeout roll, Olaf has passed the segment due to the shortcut, but not pulled ahead. He begins the next turn in red!

Waluigi's left eye starts twitching it looks like he is about to blow! "WRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! WALUGI NUMBER ONE YOU CHEATING-" The rest of Waluigi's speech has been censored for the safety of the audience at home. "-MACKEREL! AGH WALUIGI CANT LOSE!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA! DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY WALUIGI NUMBER 1 WALUIGI NUMBER 1 WALUIGI NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!

<~Bloop!~ ~Bloop!~ ~Bloop!~>

Waluigis torment never ends, as the cursed flying squid (no doubt in league with the cheep cheeps and cheaters) splats him again, ricocheting a huge ink ball into his kart! He feels his controls begin a familiar 'locking' sensation! Wauigi feels an odd sense of deja vu...he's inked...racing desperately...a green shell whirring ahead...maybe Waluigi is trapped in a time loop, where he has no choice but to get inked, hit a shell, and fall in the river over and over again, forever...

[6-1=5]

NO!

Waluigi will not allow it! Waluigi WILL be number one! This time, he ignores his controls completely-entering a state of wa-zen where all things are possible if he has but the willpower to see the potential. Having gone so far past rage, he has nearly entered a state of dissonant serenity.

This time, instead of struggling with his controls, he uses his long lanky body to guide his kart forward, like he was sledding on ice! He leans forward and feels the kart pick up speed as the track begins to tilt downward!

Waluigi gains 2 momentum! (Now 5!)

*whiirrrrrrrrrrrr*

Waluigi looks in his rear view mirror and is puzzled to see the slow cheating Blue Mushroom is doing something really weird with his driving-well, that's how cheaters drive naturally. As he watches...a green shell is now added behind him, as well as in front of him. His serenity dissolves like one of his tennis rackets in a losing set. His drifting style has increased his forward speed, but he can't evade very well...or at all...

No no no no no! NOOOOOOOO!

[3-1-1=1] vs [4] (vs Waluigi)

-2 Momentum! Waluigi feels his kart begin to tumble again! He can hear the snicker of Cheep Cheeps!

...time loop time loop time loop...

The laughter that haunted Crank's nightmares echoed in his ears.

Fire the blooper!  Powerslide!  Don't pick up a green cheep cheep!
Crank the Gloomba releases his blooper into the air, trying to bring his attention back to the present-he's been able to hold off Cranky Kong for so long, and he feels the Apes impatience as a tangible thing, as any frustrated racer feels about something in his way. He knows he is lining up to draft past him...or nail him with another shell...

He angles into a risky straight away power slide, aiming to completely avoid the cheeps-he's well aware they'll wreck his kart if put in the same bowl...

[3]

The old monkey is just too close-his speed too much of an advantage-and he still has a single whirring green shell around his kart, and Crank would very much like to avoid it...with regret, he pulls out of his power slide right before he can hit a well timed boost, to avoid getting side swiped.

But he has a trick up his...sleeve? Some people say Crank drives with his feet, so let's say socks.

His trick barely succeeds in holding the Monkey off, before that last green shell is fired in a deadly straight shot-right to where he is going to be, not where he was.

[5] vs [4] (vs Cranky Kongs green shell)

But it's hard for someone to know where you're going to be, if you don't let on exactly where you are. Crank judges the arc of the shell perfectly-time slows down, as he can almost see the wind flow past the grooves in between the green plates. He notices a slight wobble, which indicates it'll list to the left ever so slightly. And that's how he knows...to dodge it...right.

There.

Discord action from Monk12

Draft, then fire Green Shell forward (if I can time it for after the draft resolves.)

Cranky Kong manages to establish a partial draft before the Gloomba can begin doing the serpentine around the track again-just enough speed to cause the Gloomba to pull out of his attempted power slide!

Cranky has now experienced the Legendary Shroom's considerable driving experience first hand, but it's time to end this...he needs to get to the front of the pack and pull away-there's only one lap left!

Cranky the Kong takes a free pass attempt on Crank the Gloomba!
[6+2=8] vs [1+5+1=7]

He's not sure how it happens, but Crank can only watch as the Gloomba turns his kart completely around and drives backwards-eye to eye now, a competitors glare if ever was one. He notices the Gloomba has a scar on his face...this has the immediate effects of completely spoiling his draft zone-his karts poor handling immediately kicks in, forcing him to adjust his line. The Gloomba stays ahead, yet again, by just a hair.

Crankys wrinkled hand hovers over the button to launch his green shell...now, willpower meets reality...it whirs forward in a deadly blur...

[5] vs [4] (vs Green Shell vs Crank the Gloomba)

He is not surprised as the Gloomba dodges the shell, with the barest of margins, somehow someway-really this is getting ridiculous!

Even with his poor hearing, however, he hears it impact that lanky purple fella. Well, sometimes you get the banana bunch, sometimes you just get the peel.

[3-1-1=1] vs [4] (vs Green Shell vs Waluigi)

The duel between Crank and Cranky would be an immensely popular topic of discussion among fans after the race-the 'Cranksters' pointing that the old Gloomba Pro hadn't lost a bit of his spark, and the 'Crankies' noting that this '1st time' rookie racing ape just keeping up with him was in itself an amazing accomplishment. Made more amusing by the fact everyone kept confusing their names. Popular agreement was they should settle the issue of their name confusion in a one on one racing duel in Boom Boom Beach, or that MKL could bring back the popular sport of battle karting to three balloons (taking place, naturally, in the nearby Boom Boom Desert).

Joe, still entranced with his power star, merely retains his position as he listens to the wonderful music of the cosmos...

Joe Drives Defensively

”That…was…AWESOME!! Good boy, Chompy!! Now as for you, Phanto…catch me if you can! Bwaaahahahaha!

Catch a green cheep without eating it
Bowser is unflappable. He never gives up. Life is but one set of kidnappings after another, an endless line of failures-but only between his amazing successes, where he rocks the Mushroom Kingdom with his very actions. Who else can say they've risked so much? He's lost more in his life than most will ever come close to gaining. Toss him in molten lava, he walks it off. Send him into a bottomless abyss, he'll take the elevator back up. He's won hundreds of power stars and lost them all, over and over. A green cheep flaps in front of him now...he tries to reach over and grab it...

[1]

And flaps away! Oh well! Bwahahaha! They don't taste good anyway! His kart rocks unsteadily as he regains his extended balance-Phanto is getting close! -1 Momentum

Rotom downloading Skill.PNG...3%/100% completed...

Rotom, abandoned in purple, coasts mindlessly to the inside curve.

Action: Rotom uses defensive driving!

Movement phase
In Blue...
Jack nails the dash panel, clearing the ink from his kart just in time to evade that shell! +1 momentum! Dooooooooodge!

[6-1=5] vs Bowsers Orphan Green Shell

Jack realizes the shell is at a really bad angle for him-it'll cut dangerously close to where he can't help but hope to be...well, for any normal racer, this would be the time to reflect on poor driving choices and prepare for impact...

Jack merely draws his sword and cuts through! The sharp point of Zorros rapier always seeks a natural weak spot in any armor-with the effect of causing this shell to rattle away harmlessly. And nobody can see this blade in motion. It's cuts on a level so finely it'll part a bad mood in two! Sure, he might have destroyed the shell if he wanted...but why not let those behind him show off their skills at dodging shells too? Hee ho!

In Green...
Bowser, Crank the Gloomba, Cranky Kong, Joe and Waluigi his the broad dash panel-Bowser just picking up enough speed to avoid falling back!

Waluigi attempts to gain control of his kart as he faces a deadly shell sandwich! No no no!
[4-1-1=3]-2 Momentum (now 2)

As yet another shell wangs into his front bumper-completing the ridiculousness of having been hit by three cheater shells in one segment of the track-he slides into the dash panel (clearing off the ink) right into collection of cheep droppings...
[4-1=3]-1 Momentum (now 1)

The cheep grease is a nice condiment to a shell sandwich!

Waluigi manages to straighten out his kart this time, thankfully-breaking out of the time loop before hitting the fence (he notices at that moment his previous launch into the river has left the ramp like dent that he was just about to hit), but the other racers are speeding up behind him! And he's cleared out all the racing hazards in front of them like some brave hero!

That's right, WALUIGI IS A HERO, THANK WALUIGI!

At the rear of the pack, Bowser sees a maniacal floating mask getting closer and closer...it's not that fast, right now, but it is PERSISTENT! It'll probably get faster and faster the longer he escapes!

((OOC: Bowser will roll a check with his momentum vs Phantos momentum, which starts at -1 and increases by 1 a turn.))

Bowser vs Phanto
[1+1=2] vs [3-1=2]

Bowser just manages to stay ahead of the spooky mask! He can feel it get dangerously close-the key actually begins rattling, as if Phanto is trying to snatch it back right through the air! Bowser keeps a Koopa Grip on it, though...speeding up would be preferable. The door is getting a little closer...

Chompy is free!
Chompy gets his fill of Red Cheep Cheeps, burping and causing the track to rumble. He's feeling sleepy now...mostly because of the Lakitus around him, sprinkling him with bags of pokemon sleep powder!

Chompy yawns... [Heads:clockwise/Tails: counter] he moves back to his peg and his yard, maybe hoping to catch some zzz's in his comfortable divot in the ground. More Lakitus arrive, carrying a huge metal cage on shyguy-wires...

The racers now begin to fight for position!

Rotom has no driver, and thus no fight in him. He continues to coast.

Bowser is just barely staying with the pack-he thinks he can hear rotom putting behind him!

Joe remains still and unmoving, coasting at an amazing speed-Bowser is far behind, Cranky tantalizingly close. But neither can touch him, nor he they.

Cranky the Kong reckons this is the time to pass! [5+3=8] vs [5+6=11] No more shenanigans! Cranky finally manages to cut past Cranks bumper-his raw speed giving him the edge-and the Gloomba tries one final, desperate trick-to bluff as if he's about to ram. But Cranky has been around the block as well, and he knows it's a trick. The Gloomba is too canny to make a gamble where he stands to lose more than he has to gain...or so he guesses.

Turns out he guesses right. Cranky Kong takes 4th and loses 1 momentum! The purple plumber is warbling ahead...it's practically a formality, but...

[3+1=4] vs [3+5=8]

Cranky Kong takes 3rd and loses 1 momentum! (now 4!)[/b]

Passing Jumpman is easy as tossing a barrel at him down a set of red steel girders. No idea why he is wearing the ridiculous purple suit.

Crank the Gloomba meanwhile, is NOT giving up! While the ape has passed him, Waluigi is now in his sights!
[1+1=2] vs [1+3=4]

It's not a clean a pass as Crank might have liked-he barely avoids colliding with the puttering plumber-but he remains stubbornly on the monkeys tail! Crank the Gloomba takes 4th and loses 1 momentum! (now 2!)

Waluigi can only waa in despair as the pack blows by him!

Olaf finally manages to rumble back on track, just ahead of ice cream man! Well, that's one way to get in first place! Olaf steals 1st!

Jack Frost can neither pull ahead with his speed, nor drive through Olafs solid mass. Drats! Ho!

Cranky goes for gold and attempts to pull ahead!

[5-6+4=3] But his speed is just barely not enough!

Cleanup phase

Green Cheep snatching!
Cranky Kong is not about to let to let a fish slip his grip again! Ah, if only he had a cane, this would be much easier...

[6] Yoink! Cranky bonks a fish on the head, pretending he's trying to crack open a particularly squirmy coconut-he drops the stunned fish into the water bowl on the back of his kart.

Crank the Gloomba swings wisely around the bouncing green fish-his Red Cheep seems terrified, and the Green ones seem angry! Who knew fish has feelings.

Waluigi considers knocking a fish into the water out of revenge! If he can't have one (though he already has one and can't load another) NOBODY WILL! [1] His slap misses by a mile. Waa!

Joe [5] reconsiders his kart ban on fish.

Bowser By the time Bowsers get by most of the fish are gone, but... [4] one particularly fat Cheep is still struggling! He resists munching on this, instead putting it in the water bowl in the back of his kart!

Rotom [6] Auto-drives into an item box! Their item getter begins to warble!
T3 Loot Roll = [11+1=11] ...Any item!

The item box, having granted Rotom ultimate power of an choosing ANY ITEM EVER MADE waits patiently for them to choose a selection.

Olaf recovers and increases his speed to 1!

Joe kart maintains his speed of 6 due to his perk!

Leading pack!
1st Place!!! https://youtu.be/M3WFk_3MH24
Momentum- 1
Items-[Active: Robotic Shield (3/3)Charges]
2nd Place!!
Momentum- 2
Items-None

Trailing pack!
3rd place!
Momentum- 4
Items-[Reserve: Thunderbolt][Special:Green Cheep]
4th place..!
Momentum- 2
Items-[Special:Red Cheep]
5th place...!
Momentum- 1
Items-[Special:Green Cheep]
6th Place.
Momentum- 6
Items-[Reserve: Star][Special:Green Cheep]
7th Place...?
Momentum- 1
Items-[Reserve: Phanto key (Phanto Speed Bonus next turn: +0)[Special:Green Cheep]
8th Place... (https://youtu.be/fCiHSZzuwdc) Does anyone have a full restore?
Momentum- 3
Items- [Critical Star: Pick any Loot Item!]

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)

...And we're in the final lap!

We've got a field full of cheeps heading into blue! Who's going for the shortcut and who's saving it for a rainy day win? An item box at this point could hardly be contested-if it allows you to catch up to the pack, and you've got a cheep in hand, the race is all but yours.

Let's hope they build up more speed than Olaf-at least the track ahead is cleared of obstructions!

And will Olaf and Jack be able to break away before the swarm flutters after them?

We saw a lot of movement this round!

Cranky finally broke from the back of the pack all the way to the front of his segment-those sorts of comeback we always love to see. And with his thunderbolt in tow...well, it's all up to when he decides to use it.

Keep an eye on Joe-his kart has built up amazing speed, and he's still got a star. If he activates it, he can shred through Crank and Waluigi with super star power! They may face the wrath of a true martial artist!

Both of them are in a tough spot, for sure-but Bowsers no doubt happy he'll have someone to tussle with-aside from Phanto, of course.

1+1=2 Red Cheeps are bouncing!
Track Update!
Changing conditions!

PURPLE SEGMENT
Chompy is free!

---Hazard---
Chompy will still attack all racers with a no modifier hazard check bonus. (with obvious exceptions), but now with a -1 to his attack due to the sleep powder. You no longer take a penalty to your hazard check against him.
2 turns til the Track Lakitus get him under control!

BLUE SEGMENT
Shell Barricade (1 shells) (3 turns left to bounce)
A deadly green shell randomly dropped by Bowser, bouncing around the track.

RED SEGMENT
Chompy is...no longer present!
No grease this time!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 01:34:14 pm by Dwarmin »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21 Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 9-Banana Blast!)
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2021, 12:37:49 pm »

Waluigi sighs his torture finally over "FINALLY WALUIGI IS FREE OF HELL DIMENSION TRACK MADE SPECIFICALLY TO DESTROY WALUIGI'S MENTAL HEALTH! TIME FOR SHORTCUT TO BRING WALUIGI BACK TO GLORY WAAAAAA! Shortcut WAAAAAAAA!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 03:24:21 pm by Fluffe9911 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2021, 02:33:13 pm »

Without the distraction of his young simian great-grandson and his young simian girlfriend, Cranky Kong is able to focus his entire attention and extensive (though likely fictitious) experience on his Kart and the racetrack, and the results show! Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end...

We've got a problem, Pop Pop. Nobody in the Mushroom Kingdom uses a cane.
What, nobody? Not even an elderly Toad?
Most of them died in the War, I think. That or they have great healthcare here. Or maybe really terrible healthcare.
Again with the weird mushroom guys, Mr. Cranky? Like, if you're going to get up close and personal with someone out there, why not Karate Joe? He's dreamy, and his moves are just hypnotic!
I'm sorry?
That's just what chat is saying, babe! Chat's hot for Karate Joe, not some old geezer who smells like feet.
Listen here, I'm not getting close to Joe or anyone out here, the plan is to get very far away and ahead of everyone! Where did my cane end up?
I was getting there, Pop Pop. It fell into the water, and there's a very obnoxious squid here keeping me from fishing it out!
In the water, eh? Well, stay clear of it for now, Diddy- the forecast is calling for Thunder!

Though Cranky's charge has put him in good position, he can see that the leaders have already started the final lap! It's time to close the gap- Cranky invokes the powerful Thunderbolt and takes the shortcut, hoping to sail through the tempest to victory!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14