Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: MKL21 Grand Prix-S1, R2: Choco Raceway (Turn 5-Mudslide!)  (Read 18109 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 4-Green Cheep Scramble
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2021, 05:22:40 pm »

Luigi's Waterway - Turn Four

All racers entering GREEN!
Spoiler: Segment Tags (click to show/hide)
1st<---->8th
https://youtu.be/iFgrerDaAdo <--Track Mood Music
Player Action

Inner Circle, Power Slide.  Use my Shield box to fill my reserve item slot.

Olaf digs in his kart/shield/boat for some wires and mysterious chemicals -a moment later, he somehow combines them into a battery, which he promptly plugs into an egg shaped device installed in his kart!

Battery Get!

Who knew Vikings were such skilled electricians?

Seeking to gain an edge and pull away from his opponents, Olaf promptly power slides into the inner curve...

[3+1=4] His extra mass gives his Kart excellent, let's call it, stability? Either way, he sticks to the track like a pro and gains a +1 bonus to passing checks! This includes the people BEHIND HIM, such as...

Also Waluigi has always said

"...GRRRRR! EVEN UNIVERSE IS CHEATER! WAAAAAAAA!! Follow that cheater! Inner Circle, Power Slide! WAAAAAAA!!! Also Waluigi has ALWAYs said WAAAAAAA!"

With a single comment, Waluigi began a debate that would shatter entire Worlds-this race would ultimately determine the effectiveness of WAH vs WAA!

For now-he followed Olaf doggedly, power sliding after him into the inner curve!

[5+1=6] WAA wins today! Waluigi executes a brilliant power slide, pouring all of his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life-gaining +1 to passing attempts and 1 momentum!

Free Pass Attempt: He has just enough momentum to slide past Olaf!

[5+4+1=10] vs [2+5+1=8]

Olaf retains his lead, nudging the impertinent Waluigi back into place for now-Go back to the Shadow!

Power slide the inner curve, laughing all the way, and try to get an item too

Buuuurrrpp. Well, looks like I got nothing to lose, so let’s kick up the action and burn some road! GWAHAHAHA!”

With a gluttonous belch, Bowser tries to turn around his bad luck! Truly, he's proving that repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result isn't insanity-it's just King Koopa!

[3+1=4] FINALLY, Bowser rolls higher than a 1! His big ol' kart does a perfect power slide, and gains +1 to all passing attempts! It looks like he's eyeing Rotom for dinner!

Drive defensively, Inner Curve

Rotom doesn't join the others in power sliding 'fun'-perhaps because they see the huge chain sawing down the track toward all the karts!

Instead, they try to straddle the line between two curves, hoping to avoid the worst of the damage but still snag an item box! Rotom gains +1 vs Attacks, Hazards and Pass attempts.

Outer curve, toss Chompy a fishie! If >Talk doesn't count as an action, then Power Slide!

>Talk
"Hey old chompy! If I give you some fishes, would you join my party? ehehe, I'd love to see what I could fuse you into..."

Snow Joe, er excuse me, Jack Frost does something no one expects-he tosses his Red Cheep straight to Chompy! Sounds like he's trying to butter him up!

[Personality: [1] UPBEAT!]

Jack can see deeper than some. Even in this crazy candy-land fun house they call Mushroom Kingdom, people still have personas-and Shadows. In certain mythologies, Ol' Chompy would have the persona of a Shiisaa-a guardian Temple Dog. Unfortunately in this realm they don't seem to know Chain Chomps were meant to be paired, which is probably why they are so irritable-there's always two, mouth open to ward off evil spirits, Mouth closed to keep good spirits from escaping-guardians of the spirit realm, they work as a pair so no evil gets past them, and no good escapes-easy to understand. It's also not surprising he favors the Chariot. In some ways, Jacks Arcana is completely different, though they are in all senses complimentary-the Magician is about harnessing your inner strength and making your dreams a reality, and the Chariot arcana is about harnessing yours physical abilities and taking on challenges to make that happen.

While everyone else only hears metallic barking, Jack hears the spirit-speak beneath the barks!

<"~Chomp chomp!~ Thanks! They don't nearly feed me enough-I have to nip you noisy racers just to get a bite between meals! But hey, I can afford to be picky, so why complain? Nothing gets done unless you're willing to do it yourself! Also, I like your offer but I'm a bit tied down now! Still, you were nice-so, how about I give you a lift, ya little icecream bar? ~Chomp!~ Just keep going and you'll win! Don't ever give up! Now, where is that little blue cupcake...">

...Ol' Chompy snaps the fish out of the air with an energetic bounce! He proceeds to dive at Jacks kart as soon as he hits the speed booster, and nips his backwheels, lifting him into the air...!

And tossing him forward inside the track! Jack gains a free item box, +1 momentum, and a free pass attempt! He is also moved to the inside of the track! Chompy also seems uninterested in attacking Jack anymore! It pays to have friends!

Jack leans into his landing to attempt a power slide!

[3+1=4]

While a little bumpy, he successfully sticks the landing and gains +1 to passing checks!

A sleepy looking Karate Joe appears in his front windshield!

Free Pass Attempt 1: Vs Joe!

[4+4+1=9] vs [5+4=9] (Ties go to defender!_

Even in his sleep, Karate Joe is a canny racer! He manages to hold off Jacks wild ride, but only by a hair!

As Cranky Kong continues his rambling story about what was likely, in retrospect, a long-ago game of Kongs and Kremlings, he drifts to the outer lane of the first curve. Abruptly realizing he is danger of driving straight off the course, he throws the Speedy Pete into a Powerslide hoping the broad curve helps him get a Momentum boost while staying clear of Ol' Chompy!

Not only does speaking not take up your turn, it doesn't even take any time! Why, I remember one time in my youth when I engaged in a duel of wits with a vile Necromancer. Seven feet tall he was, and draped in black robes, but I managed to distract him with a long analysis of wool-dyeing techniques! You can't get a really good black with charcoal, you know, so you usually have to use some kind of blue dye that you repeatedly stain until it appears black. The Necromancer- Zalthar was his name, as I recall- was using the sap of the logwood tree to get his black, but I knew the location of a particular beetle whose carapce, once ground, created an incredibly intense black dye that wouldn't fade when his zombies washed it. Anyway, that's about when my half-orc Barbarian friend clove him in twain with a greataxe, stole all the XP, too...

Cranky choose the safer outside curve, breaking with the pack!

[4+1=5]

Cranky remembers distinctly how that campaign ended-in tragedy. His friend decided to split the party into two groups-himself, Cranky, Pac-Man on one side, with Big Boss (The Lady one), Pinky the Ghost (A major source of contention in this group was between these the dot gobbling moron, and one of his quartet of hyperactive stalkers) and that Laughing Dog who hunted ducks on the other. When they reached the evil inventor Dr. Wahloo's Castle, naturally, Pac-Man saw a dot he just HAD to eat, but it was obviously a trap and...

Perhaps the weight of memory tightens Crankys grip on reality, because his kart executes a very good powerslide! He gains +1 to passing checks! The little frozen banana is way too far ahead to pass, though!

"..."

For just a moment, Crank's eyes met a familiar, round, hungry face.  This didn't need to happen again; the most aggressive driving could wait a bit.

Inner curve, powerslide!

Crank moves with the pack, keeping a careful eye on Ol' Chompy! They don't call it the Gloomba Sweeper for nothing!

[3+1=4]

Crank has done this a hundred times-natural as breathing, by now. He gains +1 to passing attempts! Too bad Waluigi is a hundred miles sprinting away in a cloud of WAA.

What does Karate Joe dream of in his sleep?

Joe uses defensive driving!

Movement phase
Cranky Kong is the only one to hit the Dash panel in this phase, as Joe was flung to the inside of the track after hitting it! Cranky gains +1 momentum!

Chomp's Chain sweeps through the karters, only sparing one small ice cream cup! At the last second, Chompy begins to spin, turning it into a game of terrible jump rope!

Cranky played it safe! [1+2] vs [4]! But not safe enough! Chompy seems to account for racers who try to evade him, and nails Cranky with a perfectly timed whip-crack! Ouch! -2 Momentum! He'd be in danger of wiping out...if not for the dash panel he just hit. Maybe this Old Monkey still has some tricks up his...sleeves?

Rotom played it safe too! [2+2=4] vs [1] Rotom is far luckier-the chain swipes right over their kart without incident!

Olaf needs to avoid the chain or a Hungry Wauligi might devour his 1st place spot! [2+1] vs [5] Unfortunately, the Vikings lucky streak has come to an end-Chompy considers it an honor to bash the first place Karter, and Olaf is rattled, shaken, and flipped like a mushroom steak on the griddle! -2 Momentum!

Bowser [3+1] vs [2] is actually hit by the chain, but it bounces off his thick skull-and thicker shell, with a whiny clang. Years of getting pounded by Mario have toughened him up considerably.

Crank [5+1] vs [5] knows all Ol' Chompys tricks...and Ol' Chompy has learned all of Cranks tricks...when two of equal skill match, sometimes it's only luck-the smallest mistake...Chompy reverses his body at the last moment, sending the chain spinning in the opposite direction Crank expected! But Crank expected that Chompy would expect that Crank would dodge in that direction-the Gloomba uses his squat body to completely vanish into his kart, and the chain goes whistling over his head harmlessly! Hey, that was exciting-and there's still two laps to go!

Joe [5+2] vs [3] despite being asleep, dodges the chain with perfect rhythm, picking up a FLOW BONUS!

Waluigi [2+1] vs [2], sensing glory, sees the Chain coming down upon him. He calls upon the WAA! Shouting at the universe in rage! And by sheer luck, it sails by him. Lucky.

Chompy ignores Jack Frost completely, if anything he's chomp-cheering him on!

The rattled racers-mostly untouched-scramble for position!

Olaf has too little momentum to pull ahead! :'( (with a -6 mod in place, you need at least 4+ in momentum and bonuses!)

Bowser still doesn't have enough speed to catch up!

Rotom concentrates on holding position-risky when one has to make up ground, but falling back is more painful. Still, seeing a vulnerable Cranky ahead makes for certain regrets...

Cranky has slowed down to a rocking chair speed! He has no chance to catch up-and the only reason he's not been passed is Rotoms passive driving!

Jack Frost just can't catch up to Joe!

Joe is driving defensively, dreaming of EVO 2021!

Crank sees Olaf get nailed by the backswing of the chain he just evaded-Waluigi is cruising on his power slide, however, and just out of reach!

Waluigi redoubles his efforts to take 1st place!

[6+2+1=9] vs [4+5+1=10]

The Viking contests furiously, trying to nudge Waluigi back! But it doesn't work this time!

WALUIGI LITERALLY #1 (For now)

Cleanup phase

Item boxes are now claimed by the racers!

Waluigi needs to follow up his (momentary) victory with an item! [1] Waaaa! He misses! Track is cheating!

Olaf needs an item desperately! [6] His placement secures it! (4 boxes left) [9-1=8]
Olafs hicccup kicks on-instead of Boo, he picks up the Super Leaf! Arguably less useful! But as he already has a reserve item, it's kicked out of his kart anyway!

Crank Knows items can turn a race around! [4] He snags one! (3 boxes left) [7]
He picks up the Triple Green Shell! An MKL classic-time to give them 'shell'!

Joe sleep walks into a box! [4] He snags one! (2 boxes left) [10+1] (Joe would normally get his pick of any item from this tier but since he's not here-too bad, WAULIGI TIME!) Well it's still a good item, anyway. Of course he can't use it til he gets back from vay-cay-tion...wait, what are we talking about? Jim, Bob-pay attention!
He picks up the Ultra Shroom This is a new one!

Jack Frost gets choice pick, having been tossed to Chompys favorite box! [8]
Jack Frost picks up a chunky POW Block! Chompy loves the relaxing earth rumbling and sounds of Karts splattering all over the track! (1 boxes left-technically he would have got one first, but what the hey)

Cranky is too far away from cockamamie 'item boxes', and he didn't need those in his day, back in his day all you needed was an endless supply of wooden barrels, oil drums, pogo sticks, and living sentient fireballs on a light slope.

Rotom by the grace of whatever deities watch after Pokemon, a lowly item box comes toward Rotom, spared the voracious item nabbing of the rest of the racers! [3] It sails past.

Bowser gonna win! [4] He aggressively slams into the last item box that has improbably reached the last place racer! [4] HE CLAIMS THE TRIPLE GREEN SHELL! How anticlimactic!

1st Place!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dCN7OvJ_Y)
Momentum- 5
Items-None
2nd Place!
Momentum- 2
Items-[Reserve: Shield Battery]
3rd Place!
Momentum- 4
Items-[Dragged:Triple Green Shell]
4th Place!
Momentum- 4
Items-[Reserve:Ultra Shroom]
5th Place..!
Momentum- 4
Items-[Reserve:POW Block]
6th Place..?
Momentum- 1
Items- None
7th Place.
Momentum- 2
Items- None
8th Place... (https://youtu.be/ATKztq3a5is) New Theme for um, green shell Get!
Momentum- 1
Items-[Dragged]Triple Green Shell

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)

Nail biting race! At least at the front!

Bowser got the Gold Mushroom triple green shell, and items are about to go flying through the track-expect things to heat up all over the track!

Same thing as before-Cheeps and Speed Boosts! Let the fish fly!

[3]

Only three cheeps have fluttered onto the track!

A lot harder to resist grabbing them with Weegees watering hole right around the corner!

I sure hope so! Do you know how expensive it was to dump all those fish in this lake?

Very expensive! And we chose different colors because we thought it would look prettier!

How could we know the horrors we'd unleash?

Speaking of horrors to unleash, let's have a quick word from our sponsor-Metal Mario Munitions!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 01:24:24 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 4-Green Cheep Scramble!)
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2021, 06:22:26 pm »

Jack gazes lovingly at the simple box labeled POW. A mischievous glint enters his eye!
"Better keep a hold on this! You know us RPG characters, always saving items for the boss! Hee Hee!"
Grab a green Cheep!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 3-Ol Chompys Revenge)
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2021, 07:13:12 pm »

OH YEAH! WALUIGI NUMBER ONE! TAKE THAT CHEATERS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Grab a green Cheep while I flaunt my lead over the cheating viking loser! WAAAAAAA!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:15:37 pm by Fluffe9911 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-Season 1, Race 1: Luigis Waterway (Race Start!)
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2021, 07:17:16 pm »

Cranky Kong struggles to regain control of his Kart after Ol' Chompy's devastating chain attack. The Speedy Pete's new spoiler makes it difficult, but he manages to bring his Kart back into the optimal racing line.

Pop Pop, take it easy! If you redline the engine like that, the Coconut Spoiler will make your Kart stick to the track too much to evade, and that Chomp Chomp is lining up another attack!
Don't teach your great grandpappy to suck bananas, Diddy! If Ol' Chompy decides he wants another go at me, no amount of cowardly driving will save me, and if I don't hoof it soon I'll be at the back of the pack anyway!

With Rotom and Bowser closing in rapidly, and the rest of the pack pulling away, Cranky ignores the tempting Green Cheeps and instead focuses on rebuilding his speed, Driving Aggressively!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2021, 07:51:28 pm »

”Whoa! Chompy learned a new trick?! I’ll have to increase his daily food supply as a reward!”

Drive aggressively
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 07:49:46 am by SuperDino85 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2021, 10:07:59 pm »

Drive agressively and pop the shield.  And grab a free cheep.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2021, 11:19:12 pm »

Chompy had gotten smarter, that is for sure.  Crank survived that swing; would he survive another?

"Another exciting meeting, Chompy!  Now to catch up to the rest..."

Drive aggressively!  No shells yet!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2021, 04:59:10 am »

Bowser's item box seems to be glitched,  as his karts slot machine readout scrolls through about a hundred different items, lands on the golden shroom, then fritzes out into a video with a fuzzy looking human singing about how he's 'never gonna give you up', before crashing in a blue game over screen.

After a few agonizing seconds it toad-boots and gives him a [4] triple green shell. Sheesh, Koopa Corp has better programmers than this!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 5-Waaa Boosters Activated!)
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2021, 03:04:21 pm »

Luigi's Waterway - Turn Five

Waluigi entering RED!
RED SEGMENT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All other racers entering BLUE!
BLUE SEGMENT
Spoiler: Segment Tags (click to show/hide)
1st<---->8th
https://youtu.be/iFgrerDaAdo <--Track Mood Music
Player Action
Grab a green Cheep while I flaunt my lead over the cheating viking loser! WAAAAAAA!!!
OH YEAH! WALUIGI NUMBER ONE! TAKE THAT CHEATERS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Waluigis punctuates his rant [6] by reaching out his long creepy arms to easily pluck a Green Cheep from the air-it's attempts to escape are in vain, in fact it gives Waluigi some air time before he imprisons it in his kart! He gains a green cheep and +1 momentum!

Drive aggressively and pop the shield.  And grab a free cheep.

With a Viking Yell, Olaf activates the orb device on his kart-the wooden shield on his right arm (or was it the left?) suddenly enlarges into an energy barrier several times its previous size, a self sustaining defense. He's got some more protection now!

Having no choice, he hits the gas-has to build up more speed, before...there's an odd beeping on his Kart that interrupts his thoughts.

[6] The spider-like orb device attached to his Kart suddenly bursts, falls off, and the oddest thing pops out-a snail? Unfortunately it falls straight into his 'stardust engine' as they call it in this realm. His kart suddenly boosts forward after Waluigi and he gains A BLAZING +3 momentum! Wonder what that was all about.

Chompy had gotten smarter, that is for sure.  Crank survived that swing; would he survive another?

Drive aggressively!  No shells yet!

"Another exciting meeting, Chompy!  Now to catch up to the rest..."

Comfortably armored in a triplet of green shells, Crank goes all out!

[3] Crank feels odd wind resistance coming in from his kart, affecting his forward momentum-after a moment, he realizes his green shells were spinning the wrong way! Everyone knows the clockwise motion of shells is conducive to high speed. He quickly manually corrects the error by bumping his shells against the side of the track gently, which sets them spinning the right way-but it costs a precious half second of time...not enough for the judges to notice, but a lifetime for a racer. He gains no momentum!

Crank can only guess the new MLK league is going to be more prone to these sorts of technological errors than its previous iteration. Either to his benefit or not.

Head in the clouds...

Joe uses defensive driving!

Jack gazes lovingly at the simple box labeled POW. A mischievous glint enters his eye!
Grab a green Cheep!

"Better keep a hold on this! You know us RPG characters, always saving items for the boss! Hee Hee!"

Jack leaps into the air with the greatest of ease... [4] grabbing a fat Green Cheep and plopping it onto his kart, with a little difficulty! Tubby can barely fit in the bowl! Green Cheep Get!

Cranky Kong struggles to regain control of his Kart after Ol' Chompy's devastating chain attack. The Speedy Pete's new spoiler makes it difficult, but he manages to bring his Kart back into the optimal racing line.

With Rotom and Bowser closing in rapidly, and the rest of the pack pulling away, Cranky ignores the tempting Green Cheeps and instead focuses on rebuilding his speed, Driving Aggressively!

Pop Pop, take it easy! If you redline the engine like that, the Coconut Spoiler will make your Kart stick to the track too much to evade, and that Chomp Chomp is lining up another attack!
Don't teach your great grandpappy to suck bananas, Diddy! If Ol' Chompy decides he wants another go at me, no amount of cowardly driving will save me, and if I don't hoof it soon I'll be at the back of the pack anyway!

Cranky can hear the chomping behind him as Ol' Chompy carefully chooses which escaping racer is paying the least attention-so that by logic, Cranky only has to pay more attention than the racer behind him!

His kart [2] Slips! These Green Cheeps are leaving slime all over the track! It's enough to make one go BANANAS! While he manages to keep from spinning out, he gains no momentum!

Rotom enters sleep mode...zzzz...

Action: Rotom uses defensive driving!

Drive aggressively

”Whoa! Chompy learned a new trick?! I’ll have to increase his daily food supply as a reward!”

Feeling uncharacteristically charitable, Bowser desperately tries to make up so ground!

Bowser feels there was something wrong that last item box-his green shells are spinning too fast! But it doesn't seem to bother his kart any, so who cares? If anything he's picking up speed! Bwahahaha! [5] Bowser gains +2 Momentum!

Bowser, Cranky, Crank and Olaf get -1 to hazard checks!

Movement phase
All the racers nail the dash panels! +1 momentum to all! Waluigi is blazing! His karts on fire! Waaaaa!

Chompy isn't about to let anyone go without a fight! He fixates on Crank! for some reason! CHOMP CHOMP!

[5+3-1=7] vs [2] Crank easily evades a backbite by scooting out of range, the chain snapping Chompy back! Hey, no hard feelings, right?

The racers begin to fight for position!

Waluigi, dominating, attempts to pull ahead!

[5-6+7=6]

Waaaaa!

Waluigi pulls ahead to red! He loses four momentum-also, oops, he overshot the shortcut! Waa! Who needs it anyway?

Olaf perhaps enraged, his emotions are an enigma to us, attempts to follow!

[2-6+6=2]

Olaf can't keep up! With a final mocking Waaaaa~, Waluigi speeds off into the distance, leaving a cloud of nasty purple smoke!

Bowser is tired of being in last! He picks up speed and tries to speed past Rotom, who's emitting sparks!

[3+4=7] vs [2+3+1=6]

Koopa King rules! He pulls ahead of Rotom and takes 7th! He sees a puttering old Kong Kart next! His kart spends a bit of speed, losing 1 momentum!

[4+3=7] vs [4+2=6]

Eat Dust, Banana Brain! Cranky veers wide to avoid the deadly range of those spinning shells! Bowser snags 6th! And loses another bit of momentum! He's got no way to catch up to Jack-yet, but he's made up some ground!

Rotom rattles in the back of the pack!

Cranky can't pass the Koopa King, though at least his speed is somewhat lowered-more tricky, how to get past those shells? They'll send him flying if he's not careful...

Jack Frost, Joe, Crank and Olaf are all at a gridlock-none can attempt to pass!

Cleanup phase

One last cheep up for grabs!

[5] It's all ups and downs for Olaf, but he snags a bit of sushi for the road ahead! Green Cheep Get!

Olafs kart finally slows down to his cruising speed of 5!

1st Place!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dCN7OvJ_Y)
Momentum- 3
Items-[Special:Green Cheep]
2nd Place!
Momentum- 5
Items-[Active: Robotic Shield (3/3)Charges][Special:Green Cheep]
3rd Place!
Momentum- 5
Items-[Dragged:Triple Green Shell (3/3)Shells]
4th Place!
Momentum- 5
Items-[Reserve:Ultra Shroom]
5th Place..!
Momentum- 5
Items-[Reserve:POW Block][Special:Green Cheep]
6th Place.
Momentum- 2
Items-[Dragged]Triple Green Shell (3/3)Shells
7th Place..?
Momentum- 2
Items- None
8th Place...
Momentum- 3
Items- None

Spoiler: Racer Info (click to show/hide)

Wow, Waluigi shot off like a rocket!

The other racers will have to really burn rubber to catch him!

Bowser also took some positions, but he, Cranky and Rotom are bottoming out on speed at the back of the track-is the trio going to get left behind, or will they keep up?

Fish are hopping on red again! [2] A paltry TWO RED CHEEPS up for grab!

Waluigi might not need them, but some of the racers behind him might get a chance!

While we're keeping an eye on Waluigis charge to the finish line, let's take a look back as well...

Indeed-the Blue Segment is considerably more hazardous than Chompy due to the infamous 'weegees watering hole' on the inside curve-the lowest, slickest point on the track, deceptively slanted to lead into a watery grave. ANY source of momentum loss can send you tumbling! Especially rams!

But there's delicious item boxes and a free pass for anyone who risk it! Likewise, the outer curve still offers a dash panel and power sliding opportunities with much less risk...

We also might get a few flutterers over the pass, and into purple-there are cheeps in play! Waluigi better drive fast-his opponents will be hee-ho'ing right behind him!

We're getting some updates on track conditions...

Track Update!
Changing conditions!

RED SEGMENT
Red Cheeps are bouncing over the segment in such numbers they're leaving a lot of slime-it's become more than a nuisance, it's a hazard!
!!Hazard!!: Cheep Slime
Set Hazard check If hit, spinout and lose one momentum! Counts as a Trap tag item. On first hit, remove one count of item. For every three cheeps that jump on track when racers pass, generate another count. (Count: 1)

PURPLE SEGMENT
Chompy seems to be in a good mood, but only so long as racers feed him!
---Hazard Modifier---
Feeding Chompy a red cheep will keep him from attacking you!
NOT feeding Chompy a red cheep, now gives you a -1 bonus to your hazard check against his attacks!

Chompy will not attack the following racers:
Jack Frost

Chompys Pillar can now be attacked, but to what end does this madness lead?: 3/3 HP ?

BLUE SEGMENT
!!Hazard!!: Cheep Slime
Set Hazard check If hit, spinout and lose one momentum! Counts as a Trap tag item. On first hit, remove one count of item. For every three cheeps that jump on track when racers pass, generate another count. (Count: 1)

BLUE SEGMENT
Taking the shortcut just 'Pulls ahead'. I dunno why I chose red. 'cause it's wrong! You actually go to purple! Or the pitstop, hey.
Pitstop: Now counts as separate segment for purposes of pulling ahead. Drops you back into red.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:11:48 am by Dwarmin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MKL 21' Grand Prix-S1, R1: Luigis Waterway (Turn 5-Waaa Boosters Activated!)
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2021, 03:21:57 pm »

With this humidity, cheep slime is sticking to the track like oil puddles! Watch your wheels!

Racers might have trouble passing by, or pulling ahead-any item that provides protection against traps will be invaluable, however, as it can clear away the slime...

Seems you might like the other racers to do that for you, though!

Reports on the track say that Chompy is also in a strange mood-he's been attacking Track Lakitus sent to check on the strength of his chain more fiercely than before, but if they offer a Red Cheep, he seems to calm down. Seems now he expects a treat!

Didn't you need to pay a toll to cross Cerberus, the guardian dog of Earth mythology?

Cerberus had three heads, Chompy only has one. And I'm sure that was the Cyclops-you had to pay him three sheep to pass his cave!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 04:09:43 pm »

Outer Curve, Power Slide.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 04:21:11 pm »

GO WALUIGI! GO WALUIGI! HAHAHA NOTHING CAN EVER STOP WALUIGI!!! WALUIGI GONNA WAAAAAA! Defensive driving WAAAAA!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:10:08 am by Fluffe9911 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2021, 05:26:40 pm »

Chompy had it out for Crank, for whatever reason.  Food for thought into the next lap.  But as for now...

"Out of my way!"

Inside curve!  RAMMING SPEED!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2021, 07:48:23 pm »

Go for an Item Box, Pop Pop! You need one now if you don't want to fall too far behind!
I don't just need an item, I need to close some distance! No choice, Junior, I need to risk it for the banana bread biscuit!

Although Diddy advises the senior Kong to drive defensively to maximize his chances of hitting the all-important item box, for some reason the old geezer still thinks enough of his driving skill to Power Slide to the Inside, setting himself up for an amazing rise- or catastrophic fall!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »

Go for the shortcut!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14