Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: The Tales of Runlance - Year 1511 - OVERSEERS NEEDED! APPLY INSIDE!  (Read 26376 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Runlance - Year 1508 - OVERSEERS NEEDED! APPLY INSIDE!
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2022, 03:53:56 pm »

Nice post Merry, great to see this is fortress still going on. Shame OP isn't around to update the listings and links. Especially since i actually did my turn but my name is crossed out. I need to still find my screenshots and link them on my post. But yeah glad to see this place is still going.

Also Merry just an fyi some emails address types won't get confirmation emails for file depot. Hotmail doesn't work i had to use a gmail one.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:58:11 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2022, 04:50:47 pm »

That was an excellent! Thank you for the writeup. You don't have to DFFD, you can upload a rar to mediafire or rapidshare, or any other freemium file hosting service you want. Just post a link once you've got it uploaded.

Man, so now theres a caged Ettin, and a necromancer's slab?! This fort has the potential to get so freaking good. Whoever takes the next turn, should probably figure out what to do with the Ettin, although they could also leave it to the next person.

Option A: Assign the Ettin to the chain located in the mini-dungeon, which is located beneath the retractable bridge/trap-door thats installed in the middle of my office. I don't have a button that I can press, that saids "Hounds", but it's legit. Right now, the mini-dungeon only houses a single chained up crundel, which isn't very menacing. But the Ettin will make for a more interesting playmate for the next dwarf that steps into my office with a complaint.

Option B: Preferable: Building a large WWF-styled fight arena, maybe with windows installed around it, and a tavern, so the dwarves can safely spectate and socialize. In the event that a prisoner does defeat the Ettin, somehow getting one of the dwarves to resurrect it as an undead Ettin would be rad. We have a necro slab! Undead Macho Men Randy Savages; we'll certainly have to carve out some custom statues for the fort's new celebrity.

Edit:
May I apply as overseer?

Once Merrygin has uploaded the file you'll be up next.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2022, 07:22:03 pm »

I propose a prisoner fight pit. The Ettin is the champion, anyone captured must defeat the Ettin for freedom. Make it an event that the dwarves watch for entertainment. Plus keeping the ettin around and making him stronger on weak goblins also makes for good defense system and perhaps the Ettin could be the forts champion for defeating forgotten beasts, rocs and the like.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Merrygin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2022, 03:04:11 am »

Ahh, I see, sorry. Thought thats kind of expected to upload it there, hehe. I tried another email now and sure thing, it worked immediately. ^^' So here is the file: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15823

Fighting pits sounds great, it surely won't be the last critters that stumble into the cages at the entrance.  :D For now the Ettin is caged in the center of my pitiful plaza, fyi.
AKUR AKIR AKAM

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2022, 02:25:54 am »

May I apply as overseer?

Alright, xkcd1963 it is now your turn, you have one week. Please get us through 1511 without getting everyone killed, etc.

If you're up for it, build us a fight pit, and put the Ettin in it. If you can, post some savage combat logs of the goblin prisoners having to fight it. And possibly assign said fight pit to a temple dedicated to our dwarf's god of bonking people to death.

Gl o7

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2022, 01:07:57 am »

Sorry about the down time from me, got side tracked with Uni and Work, I'll try to sort through the recent updates and edit the OP as necessary. Thanks to you folks who've managed this while I've been preoccupied, you're doing Armok's work.

Now, time to read what's been happening
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2022, 01:27:38 am »

A Gelder became overseer and is now wearing admantine trousers named Blowing Nuts? Amazing!

But what truly astounds me is that nobody has pulled the magma cannon lever yet.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 01:29:48 am by Metruption »

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2022, 12:25:47 pm »

awesommm, thanks! I'll do my best to comply to your wishes

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2022, 12:36:56 pm »

A Gelder became overseer and is now wearing admantine trousers named Blowing Nuts? Amazing!

But what truly astounds me is that nobody has pulled the magma cannon lever yet.

Mind posting a screenshot of where the lever is?

Merrygin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Runlance - Year 1511 - OVERSEERS NEEDED! APPLY INSIDE!
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2022, 04:35:46 am »

Good that you are back Ryukan!  :)

Yeah I was only dubiously certain about the correct location of the magma gate levers, so that was one of those instances where I only wanted to pull it in the worst case scenario. xD Also the only siege that came was a bunch of gobbo recruits, mostly, so it didn't feel necessary.
AKUR AKIR AKAM

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2022, 06:39:37 am »

It should be right by the giant magma reservoir and have some kind of informative name about its destructive nature.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2022, 11:49:08 am »

It should be right by the giant magma reservoir and have some kind of informative name about its destructive nature.

If We remember correctly, there was a Lever named Losemortar which We presumed was for using the Magma Cannon.

We merely never had a Situation where it seemed practical.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2022, 09:24:33 pm »

Two days left on your turn, hows it looking?

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2022, 09:29:27 pm »

Two days left on your turn, hows it looking?
File: (https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15829)

1st Granite 1511, Sigunerar 'xkcd1963'
After last nights brawl in The Whip of Living I got to talk with Supremecommander. I mentioned I had organised dogpit fights some years ago and Supremecommander got excited and ordered me to devise a plan for the same stuff, but much larger scale. I don't remember well the details, but apparently we need visitors to spread our culture. This is a true given opportunity and might grant me rank in society.

3rd Granite 1511 "conversation between Sigunerar and Supreme Commander"
Supreme Commander: "So you want to create an above ground structure, dam the brook, move our cemetery, deconstruct our farming area there.. Sounds odd, creating structures above ground isn't dwarven my son"
Sigunerar: "I know my liege, but it will be more familiar for visitors"
Supreme Commander: "Hmm, I shall think about it, keep planning for now"
Sigunerar: "Yes my commander"

5th Granite 1511 "conversation between Sigunerar and Supreme Commander"
Supreme Commander: "You, come here. I notified the fortress, you are responsible now for creating the big and awesome pit you talked about. The manager will help you organise the workforce. To give you a little spur, you've one year to finish the construction, if you succeed you shall receive a position as my new major, if you fail you'll be the first to fight the Ettin in the new pit. Don't try to flee as I assigned guards to watch you. Good luck."

8th Granite 1511, Sigunerar
I couldn't sleep the last three days. At least I got a hang on the workforce and ordered the clearing of the construction site. I need to find a way to drain this brook.

13th Granite 1511, Sigunerar
We'll use the secret Losemortar to stop the flow of the brook. I've instructed the workforce to create a palisade around the brook's flow, so nothing may spill and put us in danger.

24th Slate 1511, Sigunerar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

6th Hematite 1511, Sigunerar
Work had to be postponed due to invading goblin forces, but not for long.

14th Hematite 1511, Sigunerar
Losemortar hath been unleashed!

14th Limestone 1511, Sigunerar
Traders have arrived. Works on the pit have again been delayed.

10th Obsidian 1511, Sigunerar
I've been send to the Gulag. I did not finish the pit on time, not even close. I fear for my life and I wish I never came to this fortress. This place is horrific, it smells of thousand cadavers, there is nothing nice to enjoy here and I'm thirsty. How am I now ever achieve rank in society? I should probably focus on how to get out here...

19th Obsidian 1511, "conversation between Sigunerar and Supreme Commander"
The Supreme Commander is visiting Sigunerar who is located at the Gulag. He carries with him a bucket of water. Sigunerar is sitting on the floor staring at the sky.
Supreme Commander: "You look like a wet elf, I brought something to clean yourself"
Sigunerar: "Commander! I .. I'm sorry I failed you"
Supreme Commander: "You sure do. But since there is no pit I also can't have anyone fight that Ettin ... yet. Look, to be honest with you, I lost a bet with the others. They thought the pit would take a long time to finish and I was certain you could do it in a year. I can't lose my face, this is how dwarven society works, how else do you think am I Supreme Commander? Thats why I had to send you here. It shouldn't take much longer, a month is enough and I would release you immediately if it was entirely in my hands. The others have still a say into it.
Sigunerar: "I .. I think understand? My Commander"
Supreme Commander: "You do? Good. Maybe one day you and I can work more closely together"
The Supreme Commander silences his voice and shortens the distance to Sigunerar's ear uncomfortably close.
Supreme Commander: "There are forces in this world that pay good sums to whoever can provide them with special relics and artifacts"
The Supreme Commander stands up and smirks.
Supreme Commander: "I wish you farewell then, Sigunerar, may the gods be gentle with you."

Artifact created:

Indeed:

Mind posting a screenshot of where the lever is?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2022, 03:47:03 am »

Excellent write up.

That magma cannon in action is just art.

Its a shame the fight pit still isn't online yet, but I guess we can call it a work in progress, and leave it up to the next guy.

Merge Dusks the Blowing Nuts is the weirdest pair of pants. I'm trying to envision what actually wearing those would look like.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 03:52:55 am by dikbutdagrate »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15