Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Operation: Suvorov (Recruiting and OOC thread) 6/Infinite  (Read 1566 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Operation: Suvorov (Recruiting and OOC thread) 6/Infinite
« on: September 10, 2021, 09:01:23 pm »

The recruiter's office is packed. After that last round of ass whoopings that the Allies gave to the Japanese on their homeland, the recruitment offices have been packed to the gills in new recruits looking to stick it to the Germans on their presently occupied ground on a large island in the Atlantic they have been using as a forward defensive position against would be invasions from the Eastern Seaboard of the American homeland. Every recruit knew that this would be a hard fight. The enemy has had time to entrench and fortify.
   The same could be said about the British troops roaring to attack the German defenses to clear their flank for an invasion of mainland France. And so too do the French flock to American and British recruitment centers in hopes of winning back their homeland.
   All in all, by the end of 1947, American and British troops with their French detachments and all equipment set aside for invasion totalled enough for 200,000 men with the initial invasion force being 23,000 split betwixt 7 beaches on the island's northern side.
   Unbeknownst to the western Allied forces, the Russians also had an invasion plan. The Eastern Front having collapsed and forced Soviet high command and the majority of the Red Army to flee to North Africa (the worst possible place to be a native Russian.) They Soviets want to destroy the thing keeping the German War Machine safe from a western attack, thus allowing them to return home and recommence the Great Patriotic War. The Soviet Union would be attacking the Southwest side as the Allies distract the Germans in the North. Their numbers are 600. The beach they're landing on is ill suited for invasion unlike the northern beaches.

The operation would be known as
OPERATION: SUVOROV

Deployed:

Reserves:
Spoiler: Billy Boberson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Moonshine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Christopher Mcgee (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unknown (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: George Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bro (click to show/hide)

KIA:

Cryosleep:

Spoiler: Intro and asides (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn Structure (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic and Stuffs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: American Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: British Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:34:35 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation: Suvorov (Recruiting and OOC thread) 0/6
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 02:31:13 am »

(Do I fill in the rank or do you decide that?)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 07:51:54 am »

(Do I fill in the rank or do you decide that?)

I'll ammend the sheet, but for now, if you're enlisted, put E-2. If you're an officer put O-1
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 10:28:39 am »

Sosoku’s back! :))

Although my character doesn’t fit it, I’m presently imagining somebody making a Mad Jack-alike and kitting themselves out with a longbow and sword.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 10:41:09 am »

Sosoku’s back! :))

Although my character doesn’t fit it, I’m presently imagining somebody making a Mad Jack-alike and kitting themselves out with a longbow and sword.

I'd think rank could go either way. From personal experience, officers generally don't do as much of that kind of thing, so enlisted is likely more fitting. But snipers are usually higher ranking, so officer or upper enlisted makes sense. The ranks are more for player progression than anything.

As for being Australian, could just be an aussie who moved to America/was assigned there to fill a billet for an American soldier. Saw it a couple times in my own service time with the brits. Could have mislanded (as was extremely common on the real deal). If you wanna stick with him, then I'll waive it and let you figure it out when you want.

Well, I could imagine Focus: +1 (stacking) to hit when not moving and using a rifle scope. (As in, you take 2 turns of not moving and get +2 to hit.) And Pain Tollerance: -1 to any pain gained.

Scope is optional, but since you're trying to be a sniper, it's included. I assume protective goggles are for the scope? Or is more like protective for the sniper?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 11:03:57 am »

Protective for my eyes. Don't really want any sand or whatever getting in them, I need them to aim at stuff.

I missed that we'd be on an American front first. As I picked out my weapons from the British armory, let's say I mislanded. I wouldn't be surprised if he got killed, anyway, so if he does, I can just remake a comparable character who's actually American.

Perks sound good!

Yeah, not really officer activities. I'll say enlisted, but where specifically in enlisted I'll leave up to you. I don't know what would be appropriate.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 11:28:58 am »

This looks neat

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:34:55 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 11:32:41 am »

Protective for my eyes. Don't really want any sand or whatever getting in them, I need them to aim at stuff.

I missed that we'd be on an American front first. As I picked out my weapons from the British armory, let's say I mislanded. I wouldn't be surprised if he got killed, anyway, so if he does, I can just remake a comparable character who's actually American.

Perks sound good!

Yeah, not really officer activities. I'll say enlisted, but where specifically in enlisted I'll leave up to you. I don't know what would be appropriate.

I'll leave you room to grow as a character

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation: Suvorov (Recruiting and OOC thread) 2-3/6
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 11:40:00 am »

This looks neat

I love it. Especially the intimate details. Really paints a great mental image of him. Once we get up the beach, don't become too attached to him. On the beach, I won't make you make a new character. Too many deaths, too little time.

For the accolades, you don't have to have them yet. You're allocated 2 to start with (I should have put that in the magic stuffs yesterday, but didn't think of that until glass's input. It has been rectified if you want to take a quick look at that.) I'm not entirely sure what you want for your character to be like, but I'm sure we can figure it out real fast.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 11:59:47 am »

For the accolades, you don't have to have them yet. You're allocated 2 to start with (I should have put that in the magic stuffs yesterday, but didn't think of that until glass's input. It has been rectified if you want to take a quick look at that.) I'm not entirely sure what you want for your character to be like, but I'm sure we can figure it out real fast.
Hmm how about something like Jittery and Fleet Footed? Jittery means he would react to surprise situations faster than average (be it out of fear and impulse) and Fleet Footed means he is better at running than average maybe he was part of the track team in highschool and enjoyed running a lot.

Also maybe having some preset accolades for people who want to get right into things and dont wanna really flesh out their base character too much would be a good idea? Would help streamline things atleast

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 12:15:14 pm »

Hmm how about something like Jittery and Fleet Footed? Jittery means he would react to surprise situations faster than average (be it out of fear and impulse) and Fleet Footed means he is better at running than average maybe he was part of the track team in highschool and enjoyed running a lot.

Also maybe having some preset accolades for people who want to get right into things and dont wanna really flesh out their base character too much would be a good idea? Would help streamline things atleast

I'm thinking Jittery: +1 to initiative when entering combat, at the cost of -1 to hit with non automatic firearms.
Fleet Footed: No disadvantage when moving on unstable terrain.

The accolade presets would have been a good thing to have, but at this point it's a lot of work and would needlessly delay the game.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 12:33:10 pm »

I'm thinking Jittery: +1 to initiative when entering combat, at the cost of -1 to hit with non automatic firearms.
Fleet Footed: No disadvantage when moving on unstable terrain.

The accolade presets would have been a good thing to have, but at this point it's a lot of work and would needlessly delay the game.
Fair and yeah that sounds good to me!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 03:03:13 pm »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 03:36:32 pm »

You want some accolades, there? Or are you wanting to just get some from combat?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 06:15:52 pm »

Name:?
Branch: Marines
Description of character: he is indescribable. 
Accolades: +1 melee combat, +1 dodge
Inventory:
   Primary: over under shotgun
   Sidearm: BAR 1918
   Bayonet
   Shovel
   Extra Equipment: can i have a machete?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.
Pages: [1] 2