Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What is your favorite bug/oversight in DF?  (Read 8790 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite bug/oversight in DF?
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2021, 08:38:57 am »

Barrels full of tears or sweat always make me remember this picture of gremlin sweat production.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2021, 08:59:04 am »

That is a masterpiece.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2021, 10:17:21 am »

Barrels full of tears or sweat always make me remember this picture of gremlin sweat production.
Oh god that brings back good memories ;D

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2021, 04:19:40 pm »

This thread's been a while.  I changed my mind.  My favourite is:  Elves using Forgotten Beast silk and Divine metals.  But not for weapons, no!  Only for banjo.

Especially since divine threads have such evocative names. A banjo stringed with ”screaming mouths” has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to it.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2021, 06:54:53 am »

Just remembered a weird bug (unmodded, version 0.44.?) I once experienced:

I had some guard dogs chained next to my depot, when I got a sudden combat report. Paused the game, checked the report: seemingly one of the dogs had skid on the ground and exploded into gore. Went to check the depot, and the depot and creatures next to it were covered in spatterings of blood: not dog blood, mind you, but goat and troglodyte blood. Funny thing, there had been no goats or troglodytes on the map.

I still have no idea what the hell actually happened and caused the spontaneous explosion of the dog.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2021, 05:40:26 am »

Just remembered a weird bug (unmodded, version 0.44.?) I once experienced:

I had some guard dogs chained next to my depot, when I got a sudden combat report. Paused the game, checked the report: seemingly one of the dogs had skid on the ground and exploded into gore. Went to check the depot, and the depot and creatures next to it were covered in spatterings of blood: not dog blood, mind you, but goat and troglodyte blood. Funny thing, there had been no goats or troglodytes on the map.

I still have no idea what the hell actually happened and caused the spontaneous explosion of the dog.

I think goat blood can be brought by caravans, but I doubt troglodyte blood can, given their sentience.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2021, 06:10:12 am »

I think goat blood can be brought by caravans, but I doubt troglodyte blood can, given their sentience.

I can't check right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible.  My adventurers have seen dwarven hamlets filled to the brim with troll fur and troglodyte leather clothing.  Trade caravans are notorious for bringing barrels of gremlin tears among other bizarre "extracts".

Troglodytes are not INTELLIGENT the same way civilised creatures are.  They merely CAN_LEARN and even then are SLOW_LEARNER.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2021, 06:18:16 am »

Pity I don't have a copy of that fort anymore, but the caravan might be an explanation where the blood came from (I have a vague memory that there might have been merchants at the depot at that point - could remember wrong, tho). Still a mystery why and how the dog exploded.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2021, 07:04:48 am »

I remember reading about a giant, raw adamantine spire going up to the heavens. I am pretty sure you know that as well.

But holy heck, how did that even happened in the first place?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2021, 08:24:03 am »

I remember reading about a giant, raw adamantine spire going up to the heavens. I am pretty sure you know that as well.

You mean this one?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2021, 09:21:32 am »

You mean this one?

Yea. Still boggles my mind.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2021, 02:53:01 pm »

The necromancer pets the Human Corpse.
Not, strictly speaking, a bug (zombies cannot learn or speak and therefore qualify as animals), but a fun oversight.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2021, 03:47:24 pm »

You are bad guy. But that does not mean you are bad guy.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]