Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't embark with new modded civ  (Read 1804 times)

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't embark with new modded civ
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:23:13 pm »

Hey there! I have been modding a new antman civ called the myrmidons. I have gotten it to work pretty much just the way I want it all the way up till embark. I am also able to do everything in the embark screen no problem, but as soon as I click to pass the embark message right before game starts, the game crashes. Does anybody know what causes this?

These are my creatures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And their entity file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Can't embark with new modded civ
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:29:05 pm »

Out of the frying pan, into the fire, aye?

Have you tried embarking with zero items? (prepare carefully, empty everything out and start) It could be a wagon/item issue.

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:45:06 pm »

Out of the frying pan, into the fire, aye?

Have you tried embarking with zero items? (prepare carefully, empty everything out and start) It could be a wagon/item issue.

Pretty much! Modding these creatures is hard lol I tried your suggestion and removed everything from the wagon. I bought everything in animals. Game crashed the same way :(

I removed [WOOD_WEAPONS] and [WOOD_ARMOR], I also substituted [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] for [CLOTHING]. Will see if that works tomorrow. I am very much thankful for anymore suggestions you might have!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:49:35 pm by VABritto »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:41:47 am »

[RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] is hardcoded to only be applicable to [POSITION:DRUID], and its on your monarch. empress.

There are any number of linting little CTD issues but that's a obvious conflict.

Other than that, for a [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] (or a dwarf hillock/elfish tree refuge) a [POSITION:MONARCH] title will allow that head-noble, maybe your empress/emperor to emigrate to your fortress like a dwarf monarch does, if that improves the experience for you at all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:47:04 am by FantasticDorf »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 03:03:58 pm »

[RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] is hardcoded to only be applicable to [POSITION:DRUID]
Nonsense - the name of a position is totally irrelevant, and if you wanted to you could edit the vanilla raws and change [POSITION:DRUID] to [POSITION:CLOWN] (and change [APPOINTED_BY:DRUID] to [APPOINTED_BY:CLOWN]) and it would keep working just fine.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 03:06:36 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 05:08:25 pm »

[RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] is hardcoded to only be applicable to [POSITION:DRUID]
Nonsense - the name of a position is totally irrelevant, and if you wanted to you could edit the vanilla raws and change [POSITION:DRUID] to [POSITION:CLOWN] (and change [APPOINTED_BY:DRUID] to [APPOINTED_BY:CLOWN]) and it would keep working just fine.

Empirically this has re-occured through trial and error under numerous CTD's not being able to progress beyond worldgen with this as the only outlying factor. I would hope for feedback from the OP in seeing whether this has resolved their issue for them (there could even still be deeper issues CTD has a number of known issues, especially around not eating creatures) and normally your advice would be relevant since there are mods made every day with custom position titles, but the position druid as much passes a arguement to whether one currently has the other for religious responsibilty, so all changes have to be mostly superficial.
  • not that using the same position token on multiple entities like if you wanted to make a religious supreme patriarch for dwarves would matter if they were also called, [POSITION:DRUID] but [NAME:supreme patriach]
A theory i bank on based with my experience of hardcoded postions (47. added hardcoded advisor positions for instance which can be interacted with) is that like rulers (which there are 2 we can access hardcoded, MONARCH with its own behaviour for arriving in fort mode and WORSHIP_HF dark fortress clown masters which can be inherited and when mixed into the same civ rule above monarchs), the druid is a abstract subclass of a greater religious position hardcoded token made as a placeholder or remnant of code between 23. and now.