Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Can delphonso make a commercial game?  (Read 46481 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Can delphonso make a game?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2021, 08:51:44 am »

New playable version available to play in your browser!

HERE

(I forgot to re-copy the teams every combat, so...well just reload the page after you win, because your damage will roll over. I'll fix this in like 10 minutes.
Okay actually this is defying all logic. No clue how this has come up again, despite using duplicate - it really shouldn't. I literally already fixed this bug. How is this happening?)

IT'S REAL?!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2021, 02:37:43 am »

I am filled with SADNESS as I can't get it to work on my computer!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2021, 02:51:58 am »

Really? Even in web format?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2021, 02:57:24 am »

For me it worked fine. Got wrecked by a cactus but still, gets you to appreciate the thing even more, when you can get your hands on it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2021, 03:03:42 am »

Might be because I haven't updated my Firefox in quite awhile because newer versions are awful.

Or it might be because my computer is 32bit, I have no idea why it doesn't like me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 03:20:01 am »

Try another browser, otherwise, later today I can upload a 32bit windows version for download.

Actually hang on
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:25:57 am by delphonso »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2021, 03:28:06 am »

A 32bit version is available for download. I realized I had uploaded the project folder, so I was able to import it on my other computer and recompile it. Let me know if it doesn't work - I can't test it myself. You'll need the .pck and .exe in the same folder.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2021, 03:44:42 am »

Internet explore didn't even try to load it.

I was able to download it and it worked so I guess I'll just do that from now on, also is the room supposed to be all black?
But after feeling around for a bit I was able to find the cube and start a fight, the pictures appearing above them helped with this.

I was also killed by the cactus.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2021, 04:04:10 am »

Cactus need nerf confirmed.

Hmm...The all black is not intended... Quaksa did you have that happen? Godot has a host of export settings that I do not understand, so it.could be some toggle that needs toggling.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2021, 04:10:27 am »

Cactus need nerf confirmed.

Hmm...The all black is not intended... Quaksa did you have that happen? Godot has a host of export settings that I do not understand, so it.could be some toggle that needs toggling.

I played it on web and it ran fine, everything looked exactly like you were posting 'ere.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2021, 04:22:04 am »

Dang seems like the game doesn't like me very much.

Hopefully I'm not being to much of a pain in the ass with all my problems.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2021, 04:31:05 am »

No worries. I'll ask some other devs if they had similar issues. Capumon is just a little thing, but if I made something I really cared deeply about, I'd want it to be widely accessible.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2021, 04:50:08 am »

Nezultan uses pocket sands on his crap browsers and a cactus, 2021, colorized

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2021, 05:03:40 am »

(Visiting the link, it says it isn't designed for my device - Android, with very latest FF/Chr browser versions - but <something something> collection to run elsewhere, or try anyway (which I didn't, but will when I have time). Paraphrasing badly, from my visit a couple of hours ago. I'm away from all Windowses for the moment, even trusty-old 32bit, so was not in a rush.)

All-black sounds like completely null texturing being applied[1], which means it isn't even finding "that subtle shade of blue" and applying it. Though as I'm not entirely sure how Godot does this, I'm going by my use (and abuse) of renderers such as Blender, which I think was mentioned and may therefore be a library component. Either that or a completely invalid viewport upon the scene (like the undefined main screen). The reasons for either could be complex or just the failure to download one single package of resource data. Knowing more about what does/does not render (even outside the workshop scene) would be my next question, probably.

Was going to have a look myself, but haven't yet (as per introductory paragraph) and I'm just guessing about how 'scenes' are handled and swapped in/out, so not sure I'm saying anything useful. But when has that ever stopped me before?  :P

[1] Can't produce meaningful specular shading/etc, because any such transform of RGB(0,0,0) still produces RGB(0,0,0). Though if that 'sun' I see in the screenshot is defined as a spotlight-entity, you'd expect to see that (as baseline RGB(255,255,255) in direct/diffuse view) even against a #000 sky.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2021, 06:01:14 am »

Nezultan uses pocket sands on his crap browsers and a cactus, 2021, colorized

History will never forget.

@Starver, I'd guess so too, as the pictures showed up (an explicitly included resource). The sun is merely an editor object, though I am considering adding a lightsource myself and asking Zultan to test that. Will likely be a non-issue since everything SHOULD be textured.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31