Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Huge "Ambushes" coming in early game.  (Read 6790 times)

TheBlueReindeer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Huge "Ambushes" coming in early game.
« on: September 16, 2021, 10:28:16 pm »

Hi there!

Relatively new to Masterwork with a little bit of experience in vanilla DF so apologies if I seem like I don't know what i'm talking about because i primarily don't.  ;)

I've started a new masterwork play-through and everything was going well, however at the end of the second year, I got an ambush containing about 100 Goblins. I have about 65 citizens with about 130 000 created wealth and 285 000 Imported wealth. I was wondering if this is something that you would expect to see? Or is something wrong/my settings are out of wack.

Thanks Heaps.

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Huge "Ambushes" coming in early game.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 10:42:44 am »

Your 'imported' wealth is ludicrously high. Like, an entire digit higher than my own save is (at 55 dwarves, second year). Having such a high imported wealth is the likely culprit for the insane number of goblins coming for you.
Any idea why that might be? Are you purchasing everything from the caravans? Did a caravan cart get destroyed accidentally and your dwarves swept up all the scattered trade goods (like mithril gear or something else insanely priced)?

Exported wealth seems fine.

If you want, you can change when invasions happen based on population / created wealth / imported wealth under the "civs" tab (with the "invasions" column). Hover your mouse over the headers ("invasion") for more info.

EDIT: Oh, wow. You posted that in September. Hopefully you are past the issue by now!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:44:25 am by Torchwood202 »