Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 29614 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2021, 10:43:57 am »

I'd rather not break a tie on this decision if I don't have to, so I'm going to hold off a bit and see if anyone votes for 1, 8, or 3.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2021, 11:02:11 am »

Or 7!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2021, 11:33:34 am »

Oh yeah, missed that that one is tied too.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2021, 02:06:35 pm »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2021, 02:10:12 pm »

:o

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2021, 04:09:55 pm »

We wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

To Glass, this doesn't mean we're locked into being evil.

When you were young, you imagined being able to hurl blasts of negative energy like the battle mages of old. Nihilo! (Gained Negation.) (Increased Calculation.)

Methodically exploring the ruins, you head clockwise around the quadrangle to the next building, a tall, wide tower that looks as though it has some kind of crow's nest jutting above the crenellations on top.

You pass through a columned portico and open a pair of heavy bronze double doors.

When you open the doors, you find the golem you scried upon earlier, standing in the middle of a great dining hall with long dusty tables. The stone golem, eight feet tall and wearing the livery of the academy, appears to have just emerged from a door on the opposite side.

On seeing you, it booms in the dialect of the ancients, "Visitorii non legitimus. Egress or au thanatize vu."

"Leave or die, basically," you translate for Tal.

"I was getting that," Tal says.

If you incapacitate the golem, you can probably find a way to reprogram it to serve you.

You scan the room for anything worthwhile to use against the golem. The old crystal chandeliers are fairly large, and the golem is standing almost directly under one of them. There's also a lot of mass in all the wooden tables and chairs that might be shaped into something else via vivomancy, although you're uncertain whether you have the power to do so. The place settings are bare—no silverware to hurl.

1.Toss a ball of negative energy large enough to destroy the golem.
2.With vivomancy, I reshape the tables to entrap the golem.
3.Lure the golem under a chandelier, then magically disintegrate the rope.
4.Use glamor magic to convince the golem I belong here.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2021, 04:42:57 pm »

1 would leave us without an operational golem to reprogram, while I suspect 4 may have to go against whatever information the golem received from us scrying it. 3 has potential promise, but I really don't think we should be wantonly using Negation.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2021, 06:47:21 pm »

They others are so low I don’t know if they would work

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2021, 10:43:10 pm »

We use vivomancy.

You splay your fingers toward the dining-hall tables. As you draw power from the old wood, beams of light appear at your fingertips, and you smell fresh wood chips. "Mensa ligna, obedira!"

The wood of the tables twitches a little in response, but your magic is being dissipated as it tries to stretch across so many different objects. Perhaps if you were a bit stronger in vivomancy, this may have worked. You think you understand how you channeled the power too narrowly, but it's too late to do much about it. (Gained Vivomancy.)

"Initium annihilatio," the golem says, and it charges toward you. You quickly become less ambitious and focus your attention on one table, which melts into a small pile of wood and slithers in front of the golem. The golem trips and sprawls to the ground.

Tal stands her ground and splits the golem in two with her luxgladius. The pieces fly to either side of her and land in heaps.

"Okay," Tal says, panting. "Neat."

The kitchen shows off the ancients' ingenuity when it comes to automation-based improvements to daily life.

The room is chilled by a large automatic cryovault, its metal door open and exposing spiky white ice within. You wonder how much power this ancient machine has drawn from the heavens in the two thousand years it has been down here.

On the kitchen counters along the other two walls are an assortment of handheld automatic devices equipped with drills, whisks, and blades of uncertain purpose. One amuses you: a small trivet equipped with three black wands, all pointed in toward the center. You think this is a piconegator, a device that could heat food quickly by hurling tiny balls of negative energy into the food. Near the end, the ancients apparently became lackadaisical to the point of casual self-destruction. The inert flying serving trays, equipped with metal claws and feathered wings, only reinforce this impression.

You notice some interesting items on top of the cryovault. There is a full alchemy set up there, with test tubes and distillers and magical burners. Behind the alchemy set are stacked wooden barrels.

An alchemy set would be an excellent addition to your basement laboratory. Making potions is as easy as following a recipe, as long as you have the right ingredients.

But how will you get it down? Now seems to be as good a time as any to try out automation magic, used to animate and create.

1.Animate Noodles, the stuffed monkey Tal carries around for luck.
2.Power one of the flying trays and instruct it to fetch the alchemy set.
3.I won't risk trying a new magic around so many things I don't understand.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2021, 11:09:00 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2021, 11:13:11 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2021, 02:36:15 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2021, 05:59:30 am »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56