Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Tissue Thickness? Attacks Pass through. ( Making a Cow Penis )  (Read 1501 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Tissue Thickness? Attacks Pass through. ( Making a Cow Penis )
« on: September 22, 2021, 10:08:33 pm »

I am testing a cow with genitals.. dont ask me why, but i cant figure out why it isnt working...

[CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE]
      [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
                [BODY:FEMALE:UDDER]
           [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
           [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILK:MILK_TEMPLATE]
         [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen cow's milk]
         [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen cow's milk]
         [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:cow's milk]
         [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:cow's milk]
         [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling cow's milk]
         [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling cow's milk]
         [PREFIX:NONE]
      [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHEESE:CREATURE_CHEESE_TEMPLATE]
         [STATE_NAME:SOLID:cow cheese]
         [STATE_ADJ:SOLID:cow cheese]
         [STATE_NAME:SOLID_POWDER:cow cheese powder]
         [STATE_ADJ:SOLID_POWDER:cow cheese powder]
         [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:melted cow cheese]
         [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:melted cow cheese]
         [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling cow cheese]
         [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling cow cheese]
         [PREFIX:NONE]
           [CASTE:MALE]
      [MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:bull:bulls:bull]
      [CHILDNAME:bull calf:bull calves]
                [BODY:MALE]
      [SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:MALE][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]

The bodypart I made

[BP:PN:penis:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][SMALL]
[CATEGORY:MALE]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:11]
    [BP:RTS:right testicle:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][SMALL]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:6]
    [BP:LTS:left testicle:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][SMALL]

And the error log.

COW:MALE:penis: No tissue thickness
COW:MALE:right testicle: No tissue thickness
COW:MALE:left testicle: No tissue thickness

I have hit a roadblock... i have absolutely no idea how to continue.. i thought by adding BodyDETAIL Plans it would help.. but it only helped with the udder not the penis for some reason.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: No Tissue Thickness? Attacks Pass through. ( Making a Cow Penis )
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 10:50:57 pm »

I think the problem is very likely that the penis and testicles are missing categories to define tissues in the body detail plans. For instance, tails have skin, muscle, fat, and bones assigned through the TAIL category, which tells the game what sort of stuff it's made out of.

*On a second look, it looks like they're assigned to the MALE category. That implies that the problem is probably in the body detail plan. Does their version of VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS have the instructions for the MALE category?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:57:33 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 11:20:35 pm »

I think the problem is very likely that the penis and testicles are missing categories to define tissues in the body detail plans. For instance, tails have skin, muscle, fat, and bones assigned through the TAIL category, which tells the game what sort of stuff it's made out of.

*On a second look, it looks like they're assigned to the MALE category. That implies that the problem is probably in the body detail plan. Does their version of VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS have the instructions for the MALE category?

Okay so if i switch the catagory to something with similar layer and tissues... like... a tentacle? It should work?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:56:07 pm »

Yes, that should work. Ideally, you'd want to set up a custom section that only consists of skin and muscle, I think.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 05:03:22 am »

Protip-- penis does not contain muscle.  It contains a tendon, and vascular tissue, along with nerves and skin.

There technically are small muscles in the skin of the scrotum which contract when the testes become too cold, but that gets odd sounding when you get a combat report about the bull's testicular injury ripping muscle.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 01:44:30 pm »

[CATEGORY:TENTACLE]

I wanna add arteries to the penis so you quickly bleed to death if its cut off... how would i go about doing that?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 01:54:56 pm »

TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES on the creature definition, the same tag as on the heart and throat.

Alternatively you can create new tissue and muscle definitions for things so you can tweak individual components, and use a new body detail plan you add in at the caste level (after the body parts). That saves a lot of time if you're trying to make one or two body parts on a creature that are made from different materials or tissue layers than the rest of the creature.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 01:59:37 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 02:10:32 pm »

TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES on the creature definition, the same tag as on the heart and throat.

Alternatively you can create new tissue and muscle definitions for things so you can tweak individual components, and use a new body detail plan you add in at the caste level (after the body parts). That saves a lot of time if you're trying to make one or two body parts on a creature that are made from different materials or tissue layers than the rest of the creature.

Just trying to make the area very sensitive to attack, blows to the testicles should sicken or nausiate the victim and severing should cause ALOT of blood loss, i dont know if it should be equivilent to being stabbed in the heart or throat, but heavy bleeding.

This is what i have so far.

[CASTE:MALE]
      [MALE]
      [SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TENTACLE][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]

Thats what my male caste looks like.

This is the bodypart.

Iv never worked with tissues or body_plan stuff before so id likely need alot of help being explained.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 04:54:11 am »

Oh hey! I made gender elements for creatures in my own personal mod, perhaps my work could be of use to you, as something to build your own ideas from ?

My own works is not quite perfect, I've been thinking about changing things like ovaries and testicles to be a pair, rather than modelled individually. And there are possibly redundant bits in my work. Anyway, here were the things I made:

This was in my body definition file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then the body detail plan file

then I needed a material template file

And then a bit for tissue definitions:

(note that I have allowed you to press milk from mammary/breast for applicable creatures, just in case you wanted mermaid cheese, or elf milk, or any other such terrifying ideas)

And so, in the cow definition in the creature file, I now have this bit:

Another thing to note, is that the way I've written it, it is now possible to "geld" female creatures with these body parts.

In one battle with goblins, I noticed one of my citizens (drow), one of them punched a female goblin in the vulva hard enough to smash the uterus and ovaries, and render the goblin infertile. OUCH !

Also, be aware that clothing/armour doesn't necessarily cover the gender elements. It's possible to wear a garment that covers the "lower body" but doesn't actually cover the creature's genitalia. lol.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 05:01:19 pm »

Yeah, to accomplish what you want tissue and material modding and new body detail plans to apply them will be necessary.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 06:40:09 pm »

"Making a Cow Penis"
wut
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now