Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: The Halcyon Crown - Chapter Two: ProtoKen System  (Read 37387 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Halcyon Crown - Chapter Two: ProtoKen System
« on: October 06, 2021, 12:37:01 am »

The Halcyon Crown
An Endless Empyre suggestion Game

In Ancient Ages, an Empyror/ess emerged. Their forces spread out from the galactic core. A grand Crusade to reunite the far-flung human race. Billions of Crusaders led by a vanguard of Elemental Demigods. They brought order to the galaxy, destroyed the shackles of Artificial Intelligence and broke the petty despots of the age before. Behind these Crusaders came the Relays, those great machines capable of bridging the great spaces between stars with faster than light travel and quantum entangled communications.

For millennia, this peace was preserved. A God Empyror/ess ruled over all of mankind, until the Plague, that heinous biomechanical threat, brought an end to a golden age. Entire planets were reduced to cinders. Population centers were devoured by horrors. Death, destruction and famine spread across the galaxy for a thousand years. And only with the Blessing of the Empyror/ess did Humanity prevail.

As the Plague faded, generations of soldiers found themselves without an enemy. Merchant men wo had outfitted their ships for war suddenly found a galaxy that didn’t need them. With hungry crews and bills piling up, millions took up the black and became pirates. It is in the midst of this Golden Age of Piracy that our story begins.

The galaxy still turns. Trillions of souls go about the daily business of their lives, turning the machine that drives the Empyre on into the future. Nobles plot within the Empyrean Core, businessmen rule their fiefdoms in the Inner Rings, and warlords conquer within the Rim. Their works will fade in time, replaced by new rulers, new kings, new nobility. But the works of one will not fade with time. Their coming will forever alter the future of the Empyre.

But questions remain.

From where in the Empyre did this individual arise?

1)   ?̸̡͙̏?̷̥̥̦̖̦̟̌̐̊̀̐̚͘?̷͇͌̊̏͆͑̍̈́͝͝
     The darkness of the deepest void. The ravening maw. The hunger.

2)The Ranks of the Spacers.
   The Empyre relies on the trillions of Spacers that call the void their home. Endlessly transient, they jump from ship to ship, station to station. Entire clans, groups, races and peoples voidbourne for their entire existence. Their only defining traits are their pale skin, thin bodies and cosmopolitan disposition.

3)McCreary’s Rest.
   The McCreary’s Rest Alliance is a newcomer on the galactic stage. A meritocratic republic with strong religious and military traditions. They have rapidly expanded in the last fifty years, conquering their solar neighbors, and forming a new power bloc in the plague ravished Solarius sector. A Punitive Empyreal Naval expedition has enforced peace, but the newborn republic still hungers for the spoils of war.

4)Cassiopeiae.
   A Hive City like any other. The higher your standing and wealth, the more of the sky you get to see. The planet-wide city takes in food, water, resources, and, in return, gives consumer goods, circuitry, arms, ammos, machinery. Everything a growing Empire needs. Cassiopeiae is a hub for chemicals and organic plastics.

5) Terra Mundus.
      An Iron Age World within the Rim. Great raider kings roam across the frigid seas, searching for better lands and loot. Kingdoms arise from unifying clans in prosperous river valleys. Bureaucracies grow as technologies are discovered to support them.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:59:19 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Crown of Halcyon
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 12:37:26 am »

{Reserved}

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 01:45:25 am »

3)McCreary’s Rest.

I can feel the HYPE growing!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 03:38:49 am »

Oh lord. I'm not ready for this.
...on the other hand, I've been re-reading Homer.

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 09:33:37 am »

O DAMN

Hmm. I'm obviously invested in the story of someone from 3, but I'm curious as to 1...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 11:05:12 am by Eschar »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 09:50:34 am »

I'm down for 1). What hides in the void?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 10:42:02 am »

Gonna officially vote for whichever of 1, 2, 3 has more other votes, I think. I'm very torn. I miss McCreary's Planet, after all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:34:30 pm by Eschar »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 12:15:39 pm »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 12:23:19 pm »

Not going to miss it this time.  Let's continue the legacy...

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 01:05:06 pm »

The current lead is option three. I'll give it the rest of the day.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 05:23:18 pm »

I'd rather not retread old haunts.

If nobody's interested in 5, let's say either 1 or 2?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 05:23:32 pm »

Continuity is for bad people.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 05:57:58 pm »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 06:33:30 pm »

Option 1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 06:39:23 pm »

With this choice, the path of the Halcyon Heir will be set. Born of the madness between the worlds, they will struggle to find an identity. The Child will be unstable, requiring a careful hand to mold them for the destiny they must one day embrace. This choice, this thread, will remove the guidance of culture, of childhood, of society and plant this individual firmly within your care. One can only hope the madness it is wrought from doesn't infect the Empyre, that the Child will be a vaccine and not another Plague.

Are you sure?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:43:44 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33