Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mountainous Mafia [on hold]  (Read 3247 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Mountainous Mafia [on hold]
« on: October 06, 2021, 08:59:56 pm »

OK, I don't know if we even have 14 active players on this board, so get your friends from off-forum or something to join in. You know, if you want them to start seeing you differently and hate you a little bit.

This will be a 12:2 Mountainous setup, so that means that there are no power roles at all. It's entirely townie bickering. The suffering caused will power my soul.

Days will last 72 hours and nights will last 48 hours. Everyone is entitled to day or night extensions if they inform me in advance in the thread. I will trust in your discretion not to drag the game out unnecessarily or for metagaming purposes.

Summary

1. No townie power roles.
2. 12 townies, 2 mafias.
3. 72 hour day and 48 hour night.

Fluff

Ah, Adler's Ski and Spa Resort. An affordable home-away-from-home for those who don't really like skiing but wanted to, at least once in their life. If only you all didn't get snowed in and forced to only use the amazing spa services. Oh nooooo.

Except the owner, John Adler, had been found dead in a sauna cabin. You hear rumors that two among you are part of the Mob who had come here to kill Adler and his guests to make an example of the man's failure to pay the loanshark. The only reasonable action here is to kill the two mafias before they kill you. Because, you know, the phone lines are cut and all that.

Player list
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:15:57 am by hops »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mountainous Mafia [0/14]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 10:25:43 pm »

OK, I don't know if we even have 14 active players on this board, so get your friends from off-forum or something to join in. You know, if you want them to start seeing you differently and hate you a little bit.
We have around ten active players on the board at most. For various reasons our availability is unreliable, though. I was lucky to get 7 players for my own game.

Secondarily, we have a queue to determine who gets to run games, because there's just not a high enough player count for people to freely run games whenever they want here, unless they're especially small mini-games. Check out the Games Threshold thread. I look forwards to seeing you as a player in future games run here, assuming you're into that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 11:52:54 pm »

Secondarily, we have a queue to determine who gets to run games, because there's just not a high enough player count for people to freely run games whenever they want here, unless they're especially small mini-games. Check out the Games Threshold thread. I look forwards to seeing you as a player in future games run here, assuming you're into that.
Isn't that Cinder? I thought I'd seen her in the mafia section before (so that is probably not new information), though I might be thinking of the wrong person.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 12:12:04 am »

Oh, fair enough.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mountainous Mafia [on hold]
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 02:14:56 am »

Quote from: The Queue, far as I can tell
    Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 - In session
    Mephansteras TBD
    You Only Have One Shot - in planning
    Traitors in the Fortress
    Rusted Diadem
    Island Mafia - Willing to drop down (it's mine, so I can say that)
    TricMagic's B2
    Lords of Mafia

I'd suggest posting and linking here.  Maybe you can beg and plead some of the people to let you push ahead a bit, although I'd wager you'll at least need to wait for MVM3 to end (it's a short tournament) and probably at least two or three other games.  But if you post in the thread that I linked, maybe you can figure it out a bit better.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 02:45:15 am »

/in player

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 01:57:57 pm »

8) In

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 12:05:19 am »

Quote from: The Queue, far as I can tell
    Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 - In session
    Mephansteras TBD
    You Only Have One Shot - in planning
    Traitors in the Fortress
    Rusted Diadem
    Island Mafia - Willing to drop down (it's mine, so I can say that)
    TricMagic's B2
    Lords of Mafia

I'd suggest posting and linking here.  Maybe you can beg and plead some of the people to let you push ahead a bit, although I'd wager you'll at least need to wait for MVM3 to end (it's a short tournament) and probably at least two or three other games.  But if you post in the thread that I linked, maybe you can figure it out a bit better.
Well, I had foolishly assumed that like most games, there will be a shortage of GMs and an abundance of players, but I guess people love to mess with setups. I actually want to play more than I want to run a game and if there really are that little players I suppose I will join in.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 09:27:30 am »

Oh you should definitely play then LOL. No, we don't have remotely enough players right now and it's kind of a problem.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".