Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer is now mayor how to remove?  (Read 3869 times)

UtranT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventurer is now mayor how to remove?
« on: October 07, 2021, 06:30:05 pm »

So do I make a more intellectual adventurer (so they become mayor) or is there a way to give mayorship to some rando dwarf? Long story short the adventurer was going to be used for a fort military personnel but I know that they retire back to place they have a position of power in so I don’t want.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer is now mayor how to remove?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 06:53:55 pm »

Lower fort population, kill/unretire adventurer. Make another adventurer even more swagger than the current one and potentially usurp mayorship.
Trying to start brawls as the mayor might lower your polls and that might be enough.
Extreme measure could be reviving as intelligent undead and waiting for them to repetition your civ but they are still likely to be reelected if they are liked

UtranT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 07:39:00 pm »

Lower fort population, kill/unretire adventurer. Make another adventurer even more swagger than the current one and potentially usurp mayorship.
Trying to start brawls as the mayor might lower your polls and that might be enough.
Extreme measure could be reviving as intelligent undead and waiting for them to repetition your civ but they are still likely to be reelected if they are liked

Okay, thanks. I will start brawling with rando dwarfs (hopefully not one-shoting them). And making an adventurer much more likable than them, though it might be a challenge, by the fact they reelected twice, I mean after telling everyone I brawled a giant wolf and bear ‘bear handed’ and three yetis it may pose an annoyance.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 01:44:23 pm »

there no good way to remove mayoral status off adventurers vs expedition leader role.
so you might have to do what amaranth said.
or mod the entity file to remove the elected token off the profession so you can safely give up the role to anyone.

edit: ok found a different solution just create a musician troupe that should strip any civ title off the adventurer including being a mayor.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:14:56 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 11:09:05 am »

Or...unretire and walk away?  :P
Or are you still the mayor even if you leave and settle elsewhere?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 11:02:18 am »

when you retire the adventure regains control of their body and will move to the spot they should govern.
so even settling somewhere else will cause them to just get up and move back to the site where the mayor was appointed to.
this is a feature of the game and if you ask anyone appointed to be a noble they will tell you they are walking to a site to rule over it.
but yeah unless during the 2+ weeks pass they elect a new mayor the unretired adventurer will be compel to walk back every time you retire them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 08:53:00 pm »

when you retire the adventure regains control of their body and will move to the spot they should govern.
so even settling somewhere else will cause them to just get up and move back to the site where the mayor was appointed to.
this is a feature of the game and if you ask anyone appointed to be a noble they will tell you they are walking to a site to rule over it.
but yeah unless during the 2+ weeks pass they elect a new mayor the unretired adventurer will be compel to walk back every time you retire them.
....if only real leaders were so dedicated.  Thanks for the info!

I'd take the mayor adventurer off to kill Megabeasts.  If they slay a Dragon, a Roc, and a Bronze Colossus, then I guess they can keep the mayor job...