Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (3/3)  (Read 10303 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

Ah, the Bay12 Skyscraper. An eldritch spire of imagination and wonder. A masterfully engineered, long chain of pocket dimensions of all kinds, connected by a vast teleportation system that allows people to go to any floor from anywhere else in it in only moments. It was created and built by various beings of equal diversity to its floors, united under the same ancient realm and its protector and creator deity. It is still being added on and built ''up''- whatever that may mean in interdimensional terms- as I am writing this, and it may continue to be built for ages to come. But this adventure is not about it. In fact, Bay12 Skyscraper is only very distantly, if not at all, relevant to the happenings of this venture.

Instead, what will you see here is an another skyscraper entirely, its name lost to time. While it is structurally mostly same, it is younger and shorter. The realm it resides has been long since abandoned by its inhabitants, and so had its growth come to an halt equally long ago. It's reality connectors are unstable, with the only means of transport between floors being an elevator.

The reason you are here? You are here to contain. A race of demented apparitions roam this towers many floors. A few people who returned tell the stories of horrifying cubical beings and their wailings, screams, laughter, and their maddening, unceasing clickings. You shall detain and resolve this anomaly as your quest. Then you will make sure to destroy whatever the entrance dimension of this tower is, thus sealing it forever away.

Go on brave adventurers, and do not fret at the insanities you will find inside!

In this game, you will be traversing a skyscraper. Your goal is to traverse this abandoned tower and deal with the dangers inside. The dice determines your success, your characters can't be OP, you know the deal.

Dice is 20 sided. The values are below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The elevator, which is what carries you onto the next floor and beyond, only activates when everyone in your party is inside it. You will have to cooperate, and ascending floors alone is usually not an option.

Players

Recurring NPC's

The Bestiary
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:09:21 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (0/3)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 09:24:49 am »

in
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:31:23 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (0/3)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 12:52:32 pm »

Okay, two more.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

Man alot of eldrich like RTD's this month (spooky)
Spoiler: Alfred Bagletart (click to show/hide)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One more to go...

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 01:49:58 pm by TricMagic »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that is three. The game starts about... now.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (3/3)
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 02:24:45 pm »

Three brave explorers meet at the empty realm. It is reminicent of where they came, yet so alien also. The surroundings are made of many web-archives of old conversations and already ended forum games, from the minds of the bygone inhabitants of its once-lively halls. There might be very interesting sagas hiding, waiting to be read once more within these corridors, but you are not here to merely sightsee. You carry onward, towards the section where your destination resides.

There stands a magnificent... oh, it is rather lackluster it seems. It is merely a small, dusty old lobby, with a receptionist desk on the left, and a shattered screen that overlooks a set of chairs on the right. And right infront on you, there is an elevator door sealed shut. On the right of the elevators pristine metal frame, there is a button that simply says ''move'', and a small screen that is probably used to display the floor number. There is nothing else to see.

Drukalfar takes initiative, and presses the only button. The elevator door immidiately opens, greeting you with a a familiar melody. You all enter the elevator, and inside is an identical button to the one on the outside. Drukalfar presses onward. The elevator ascends(?) for a brief moment before pinging to a stop, elevator music also stopping.

What greets you is a mess of stone paths and staircases. It is less of a mess and more of a ruin, most of the place has turned into nothing but rubble from whatever whittled them away. Air is unmoving. It is dead silent. There is what used to a three-way intersection before you, two of its paths blocked off, and only a descending set of stairs on the right side is traversible.

You descend the stairs. It opens to a long, rather fragile-looking hallway with alot of cracks, dents and holes. On the middle of it is what appears to be a large brick with an equally large jaw attached, savagely broken in half with dried fluid covering its surroundings. At end of the hallway you see the closed door of the very same elevator you were just in, with button and screen and all.

What do you do?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 02:32:42 pm »

Alfred takes a crumbled up paper out of his uniform pocket stares at it for a bit before putting it back into his pocket
Alfred gives off a tired sigh "I better get a large tip for this..."

Walk forward past the brick to the elevator with all the enthusiasm of your average minimum wage worker
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:34:59 pm by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 03:22:46 pm »

TricMagic leafs through the front of his book. "Such is needed. Why I have no clue, but I can summon some dwarves to deal."

Summon some of these to march ahead. Bay12 at it's finest.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 09:01:03 pm »

summon shadow beasts to scout the area
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 09:06:58 am »

Alfred: Regularly cross the corridor.
Roll: 15

TricMagic: Summon a team of dorfs, then assign them to march ahead.
Roll: 19

Drukalfar: Summon Shadow Beasts to scout the area.
Roll: 12

Alfred decides that he has no time for this, he has food to deliver. He crosses the damaged corridor and reaches to the elevator safely, not even noticing the abnormal brick at the middle, or that the path crumbled some more as he crossed it.

TricMagic summons a dorf named Dodok to check the corridors safety. Dodok begins to walk ahead and the path crumbles some more as he does. He reaches to the middle of the corridor and stops to take a look at the corpse, having a bad thought. He safely crosses the path and awaits at the elevator door along with Alfred.

Drukalfar is not trusting to any of this, as his nature. He summons a pack of shadow beings to scout the area. The beasts, by slipping through holes and cracks, investigate and return. There is nothing but rubble and paths here, all eventually sharply ending with a featureless white barrier shaped as a cube. The beasts then dissipate back into the shadows they came from.

The entirety of the room is empty and safe. The corridor might not be that safe though.

What do you do?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 09:36:02 am »

Summons bricks and mortar. Supplies to repair appear next to Dodok. "Dodok, repair the path. We will likely have to cross on the way back."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:17 am »

drukalfar goes to the elevator and summons himself a shadow sword.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 09:53:18 am »

After pressing the elevator button a couple of times Alfred is confused why the elevator door is still closed before noticing a message above the buttons ALL CURRENT PARTY MEMBERS MUST BE AT ELEVATOR TO PROCEED "Huh..."

Alfred slowly turns around finally paying attention to the other people in the room "Oh right I guess you guys exist huh." Alfred impatiently fidgets in place while he waits for everyone to get over here
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:14:34 am by Fluffe9911 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7