Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (3/3)  (Read 10223 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (3/3)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2021, 12:06:06 pm »

TricMagic: Dodok repairs the path with the materials summoned.
Dice: 18

Drukalfar: Walk to the elevator.
Dice: 5

Alfred: Wait for the others.
Dice: N/A

TricMagic summons brick and mortar, and Dodok begins the restoration of the corridor. He works with superhuman speed, and after only a few minutes, the corridor is reinforced into stability. It is safe now, if only a bit bumpy. TricMagic is satisfied with Dodok's work, and gestures him and the drow to move foward.

While he and Drukalfar are walking to the elevator,  Drukalfar trips over a bump, and faceplants onto the hard floor. He bruishes his nose. While he gets up, he summons a shadow sword to act as a crutch out of habit. He decides to keep it around, since more weapons can't hurt oneself.

They all reach the elevator, and Alfred presses the button once more. Elevator opens and greets with the same gag-material music. As they all enter, Alfred and TricMagic scoff at the musical taste of the elevators designer in synch, while Drukalfar wonders why they reacted that way. Dodok stares mindlessly and dreams of booze.

Elevator softly shakes, loudly announces a debug message about "missing/corrupt/non-existent connection beacons". The floor counter goes from 2 to 4, skipping 3. Then it opens its doors after a good minute of moving. You notice that it is very dark, only the light of the elevators lamps illuminating around.

The floor is completely empty and very small, only about five meters across in every dimension equally. The floor, walls and the ceiling are all a featureless white that contrasts with the dense shadows.

The next door is on the ceiling. It is literally on the ceiling. 5 meters up.

There must a way to get there.

What do you do?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 12:28:49 pm »

Alfred stares at his surroundings with mild confusion before noticing the door on the ceiling "Eh I've dealt with worse."

Alfred turns toward his party members "So do you guys like live here or something? Eh whatever don't got time for this if we all take our shirts off and get ontop of each others shoulders we should be able to form a human ladder tall enough for the top person to open the door and climb on in from there it should be as easy as turning the knob to open the door and fashioning the shirts into a make shift rope which we can tie around the door knob which should be able to get all of us up easy peasy lemon squeezy." Alfred notices the rest of the party staring at him with what he thinks is confusion

Alfred sighs "Just uh just hand whoever is ontop your shirts and get on my shoulders."

Take off my shirt making sure to pass it to the fellow on top and get into leg holding position

"Whatcha people waiting for hurry it up I dont got all day."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 12:33:21 pm by Fluffe9911 »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2021, 12:35:28 pm »

drukalfar sends shadow beasts to scout.  he then gets on alfreds shoulders. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:48:43 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2021, 12:38:33 pm »

drukalfar sends shadow beasts to scout. 
"Hey stop waving your hands around and get on my shoulders already!"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2021, 02:43:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
TricMagic leafs through his book. "Or we could use stairs instead?" Summons some stairs to the elevator. He then turns to another page to summon something else.
A drunk dwarf is a happy dwarf. And a productive one.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2021, 02:48:26 pm »

"Or we could use stairs instead?" Summons some stairs to the elevator.
Alfred stares at Tric dumbfounded "Yeahhhhhhh sureee let me know when your ready to be vaulted up."

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 08:29:15 am »

Alfred: Convince others to make a human tower.
Dice: 11

Drukalfar: Climb on top of Alfred
Dice: 19

TricMagic: Summon a staircase up to the elevator.
Dice: 20

Alfred takes off his shirt and tries to convince others on his idea about making a tower. Drukalfar listens, while Tric has other plans. He hands his shirt to the drow.

Before taking off his shirt and joining Alfred, Drukalfar summons an another pack of beasts to scout the room. Only problem is that there is nothing to see here. It is just a plain white room covered in darkness with the elevator door on top. He also passes his shirt to Tric, who lumps them over his shoulder and is visibly bothered.

TricMagic turns to his magical gadget for a solution, and in just a moment, a spiralling staircase forms, with its end reaching to the side of the door.

Dodok wanders around.

A path has been formed for all to pass. The human and the drow are standing in the middle of the spiralling stairs and look stupid.

What do you do?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2021, 08:32:26 am »

Call the booze for Dodok, while calmly ascending to the elevator.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 08:33:04 am »

Alfred stares in shock and amazement "How did- wha- but you we- wah!?!" Take a minute to try to grasp what just happened then sheepishly dismantle the human tower and put my shirt back on before heading up the stairs.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 08:58:35 am »

drukalfar gets of what’s-his-names shoulders and climbs up the stairs. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2021, 09:00:59 am »

TricMagic: Call booze for Dodok and enter the elevator.
Dice: 10

Alfred: Enter the elevator.
Dice: 8

Drukalfar: Enter the elevator.

Tric pays no mind to the morons on top of eachother down at the ground and calmly ascends the stairs along with Dodok. He enters the elevator in one single hop, realising too late that this was a mistake. The stairs had connected to the elevator by its side, so as soon as he entered, he fell onto the elevators own ground with a yelp, Dodok following suit and falling top of him, causing another yelp. The meme music adds to the injury. Now his ''front'' is ''down'', and stairs look like if they were built sideways. He summons a glass of dwarven ale for Dodok to drink.

The human and the drow however, are still standing shirtless and on top of eachother in the middle of the stairs. Drukalfar tries to jump off, but instead stumbles onto the ground when Alfred also tries to make a move. Alfred searches for his shirt, but realises that he gave it to the strange black guy, who gave it to the anime boy, who then passed it down to the ripped hairy midget. They both make it to the elevator, and they too fall when entering. As the shirts are being worn, Tric presses the button that leads them up.

"Missing/corrupt/non-existent connection beacons detected. Ta-ta-ta-targeting the next-t-t floor-or... :8"

The elevator shakes again as it did the last time, and stops at floor 8. What greets you is what used to be a large office scarcely visible under flickering led lights. It is wrecked to the ground. Debris is strewn all around; computer parts, papers, glass shards, broken cuticles, bloodstains and gore... And the worst is the corpses that are all strewn on the floors. They are all of adult humans of all kinds, all have full facemasks, and are all horribly mutilated. They strangely show no signs of rot, yet all else does to some degree.

The place is silent, save the flicker of the lights and Dodok taking loud sips from his ale.

What do you do?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2021, 09:12:12 am »

TricMagic layers nightvision over everyone's eyes so they can see in the dark. Making sure to include a toggle in their Skylink.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:21:55 am by TricMagic »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2021, 07:41:30 am »

i send out shadow beasts to scout for threats

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2021, 08:44:05 am »

Alfred gulps "Ok maybe this is getting above my paygrade." Hug the walls and slowly edge my way to the elevator
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 08:45:36 am by Fluffe9911 »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2021, 08:16:04 am »

TricMagic: Give everyone toggleable nightvision effect.
Dice: N/A

Drukalfar: Spawn shaow beasts.
Dice: 20

Alfred: Try to find the elevator and stay close to the walls.

Tric opens his book again, and soon enough everyone in the room has the ability to see in the dark. This is helpful, though Drukalfar may not need it at all.

Drukalfar summons shadow beasts, who then begin scurring along the office. The place is large, and wrecked on all sides. There are strange sets of carvings that cover the walls on the left. At the center of the room, a large open space has been wrecked out. Inside it are large and small, sharp spikes, all either made of two types of wood, along with a type of precious stone. The large ones rise from the ground and intersect eachother, and the small ones are sprinkled onto the ground and are lodged in. At the very center of this mess, there is a large cube made of wood also, impaled by a stone spike.

And most importantly, the elevator awaits just a couple of dozen meters away at the right, the paths view was just obscured by the cuticles, thats all.

Alfred, meanwhile, not being either a forumite or a fantasy creature, is not used to the level of gore here. He throws himself onto the walls and inches further away to find the elevator. He suddenly notices that the walls have suddenly became a bit more slippery. The wall he slid on was covered in still-liquid blood, so his back is now a red, sticky mess.

Dodok meanwhile, hangs around with his half-full glass of ale, oblivious to the scene of carnage that makes up his surroundings.

Drukalfar knows where the exit is. The place however, still has some things to tell, if one cares enough to inspect closer.

What do you do?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7