Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (3/3)  (Read 10295 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The A̶̼̼͝È̵̹L̴͕͈̈̍R̶̝̮̆̒S̸̲̙͑̊ Skyscraper (3/3)
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2022, 04:01:52 pm »

TricMagic: Negotiate.
Dice: 2

Drukalfar: Use Shadow Magic to pull everyone back to the portal.
Dice: 15

Alfred: Do something.
Dice: 15

"Okay, okay. Why are you doing this?

"Why would we not? It's our natural call to commit such actions."

"We can do anything. Therefore we are required to."

"Can you make an exception here?"

"Negative. Is it difficult to understand for you? We do what we do."

There may be no shadows here. But there can be under the will a being with power over it. Drukalfar is such a being.

What he does is risky. If he misses, this means death.

He executes two spells at the same time, before both of his teammates notice their lifelines, he opens the portal. The shadow creatures inside are very proficient at inhaling. The air current pulls everyone to the portal.

Miners do not relinquish their grip on Alfred, but at least he is not in danger of getting burned alive. They hop and run against the wind, but are slowly pulled inside.

It doesn't really matters though as Drukalfar new plan turns out to be a temporary solution. Opening a portal, especially one with a magic as fickle as shadow magic is a very short-lived spell. The portal is already starting to close. At this rate, the blocksters stamina will outlast the portal.

While the miners struggle to stand against the slowly weakening current, Alfred does the most heroic thing in his life. He throws all his spare change at the miners, which scatter on their bodies, fall all over the ground and act like marbles under their feet. Since miners have no such things as round things in their long natural resistance list, they both slip and fall into the portal, unintentionally hurling Alfred high up in the air. The portal closes right afterwards, and both fanciful team members take a deep breath, until Alfred starts screaming a moment afterwards.

In the peak of his jump, he briefly sees the elevator, a hundred meters to the left of the portal, on top of a giant cobblestone mountain.

"Oh hey the elevator-OH OH GOD AAAAA-"

Just as he braces for impact and painful embrace of death, Drukalfar pulls him back with the tendril still holding him by his waist and drops him to the ground.

The Miner's are gone. Elevator is still an ardulous trek away though. You will have to navigate this unpleasant mess.

What Do You Do?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2022, 05:19:25 pm »

Alfred takes a breather "Jesus christ that was close holy shit" Adrenaline starts to wear off making Alfreds knees go weak sending him down to the ground "Like holy fuck thanks for saving me shadow dude but also for the love of god be more careful with your magic your shadow wall almost got me fucking killed!" Alfred wipes his face then gets back up as Drukalfar stares at him in silence "Alrighty whatever lets just head to the elevator I saw it up on a cobblestone mountain thing lets get going." Pick back up as much of my spare change as possible and climb up to that elevator

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2022, 05:23:23 pm »

Get to the elevator, summoning shadow ink to immobilize all assailants.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2022, 09:40:57 am »

((This still going or...?))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]