Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Game Breakers?  (Read 5777 times)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
Re: Game Breakers?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 06:30:55 pm »

As itg and others said it's the self-imposed challenges are the only thing between you and the worst fortress killer: boredom
which is why I sort of can’t keep any fortress going for too long; I relentlessly try to ‘win’ but then there is no winning.
and I feel sad
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2021, 06:28:14 am »

I think this is why community forts are so common for DF - it definitely gives more purpose.

My favorite game breaker is the good old fashion atom smasher. Wipe out a goblin seige in a few lever pulls! No clean up either! The challenge comes from trying to make it look good with the rest of the fort or only using it to even out impossible numbers.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 07:07:25 pm »

Necromancy :P
Yes, it certainly is a game-breaker, especially when used on 8 year-old threads like this one.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2021, 08:29:05 am »

8 year old thread?

Oh man, I've been gone a long time. I was like 'what are these lightsabres and hauling updates people are talking about? Must be a new feature'

I mean, I guess it's under a decade old. That's still technically new. Relatively.

For me, it's always been the FPS. I always turtled down and avoid all threats, busy myself setting the dwarves off to build things... but eventually the FPS always got me, took too long to get anything done. I struggle with the 'end point' because I was always really cautious and risk-averse, so nothing ever broke my fortresses.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 08:34:10 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane
Pages: 1 [2]