Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How Does Evil Spread Exactly?  (Read 951 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
How Does Evil Spread Exactly?
« on: October 12, 2021, 06:24:53 pm »

I know it needs a token possesed by clowns and given to necromancers but some civs controlled by them claim new land faster under evil corruption. Do personality traits affect how many nearby land gets affected and how quickly? Is it possible to have a creature being a civ leader with evil spreading token not generate evil tiles ever?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 06:26:30 pm by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Re: How Does Evil Spread Exactly?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 07:58:51 pm »

I feel like the demon has to want to spread their evils. So most will though theres probably a personality type that doesn't or maybe some worldgen skips checking if it spreads.
I want to know also so I can try make a Arch fey/good demon type that spreads good.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 09:42:41 pm »

This might make a good candidate for FotF.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 10:32:03 am »

I know it needs a token possesed by clowns and given to necromancers but some civs controlled by them claim new land faster under evil corruption. Do personality traits affect how many nearby land gets affected and how quickly? Is it possible to have a creature being a civ leader with evil spreading token not generate evil tiles ever?

[SPREADS_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER] token on the creature (or caste) and [SPHERE:(insert here)] of the 5 'Evil' ones introduced with effects.

Blight, Disease, Death, Deformity, Nightmares (<- these have biome spread effects, but the amount of evil alignments demons can take is much wider, lust, murder, treachery etc, including a few neutral ones like Fortresses)

Goblins can claim any land from their civilization-entity climate inputs beside [GOOD]-biomes, while others can't claim [EVIL]-biomes because of the lack of tokens on their creature, so i believe personally the "spreading faster" is a probably a placebo of goblins having free space to colonize and also their already immediate buffs of immortality and high birth rate.