Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What's going on in your legends?  (Read 8939 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your legends?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 09:49:23 am »

Apparently hidden history is bugged because that world's legends stopped updating even as I made new adventurers...

My current world:
A goblin in Boltsfinder wrote a book called 'The Comedic Revelations'
Immediately afterwards, the dwarves dug too deep.

A lizard demon named Teme Colorsad was associated with misery, but also art, poetry and writing.

There's a human who made friends with the elven princess. This is insignificant except his name is Dik Walktummy.

Two different people became necromancers. One human and one dwarf. The dwarf spent their immortality trying and failing to convince people to embezzle funds for them, the other was imprisoned for embezzling funds and continuously failed to break out of jail, she escaped, embezzled and was sent back to jail to again fail to escape over and over again. No towers or even any undead exist in the world.

A monitor lizard man became lord of a goblin site, then was eaten by a sasquatch.

A plump helmet man survived an attack by a night creature and gave up the peaceful life to be a criminal. He was promptly eaten by that sasquatch.

An elf stole a dwarf bone figurine of koalas, a legendary artifact of some importance, escaped the dwarven lands and, on the way home, was eaten by that same sasquatch.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 08:51:39 am »

There is an awsome Roc in the world I generated just now. It is a small world, but with very long history.

Aņu Edrimika Posa, or also known as Aņu Ragpearl the Radiant. He is a male roc who has survived a thousand years and has defined 950 years to his name. He gets worship from many dwarves. 160 notable kills, and 243 other kills in his name.

Epic.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 10:40:14 am »

An elf was kidnapped by goblins and taken to a site called Cancerevil. Later moved to Cursedhorrors.
He had several love affairs going on and off with a certain girlfriend.
He later became a hitman (hitelf?), murdering 6 people under the influence of some goblin. Also participated in several foot races. Never won any.
Finally was murdered by a dwarf.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 10:51:43 am »

Looking through the most recent modded world I genned (125 years), found the castle of Spinbrave where a battle took place between the Dark Cultist civ of the Creed of Focus and the Burner civ of the Hatchet of Guards that claimed 5814 lives in total - and yes, "a" battle, as in a single one. Looking at the forces, it's not entirely surprising (the full list is far longer), as it appeared to be a battle between two coalitions of different races, along with their wide array of war pets. Currently the castle is only inhabited by 26 Burners, including a baron.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 10:58:33 am »

Looking through the most recent modded world I genned (125 years), found the castle of Spinbrave where a battle took place between the Dark Cultist civ of the Creed of Focus and the Burner civ of the Hatchet of Guards that claimed 5814 lives in total - and yes, "a" battle, as in a single one. Looking at the forces, it's not entirely surprising (the full list is far longer), as it appeared to be a battle between two coalitions of different races, along with their wide array of war pets. Currently the castle is only inhabited by 26 Burners, including a baron.
I was there Urist... I was there when the strength of men failed

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2021, 11:21:21 am »

Looking through the most recent modded world I genned (125 years), found the castle of Spinbrave [...]

"unnotable"

(What's the program? Storyteller?)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2021, 12:19:57 pm »

Looking through the most recent modded world I genned (125 years), found the castle of Spinbrave [...]

"unnotable"

(What's the program? Storyteller?)
Legends viewer.
I was there Urist... I was there when the strength of men failed
Funnily the humans here were decidedly on the more-evil side. The conflict is basically greater evil (the human Dark Cultist devil worshippers mixed with the demons of the Burning Legion, as well as the Morlu and the Urdar, both demon-corrupted warrior races) mixed with some savage races (Magnataurs, Dark Trolls, Snobolds) and some normally non-evil races (human Askari amazons, Leorians, Vulpera) versus the lesser evil (Burners, more honorable proud-warrior demons) that has allied itself with more insidious forces (the insectoid Kabrazi or the alien Bio Troopers, also the Forsaken undead, who while not hostile to most "good" races are also rather scummy themselves).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:50:39 pm by ZM5 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2021, 01:30:58 pm »

Graniteecho was a legendary perfect clear garnet, encrusted with green zircon cabochons, adorned with hanging rings of quartzite and menaces with spikes of limonite.

It stood in the Temple of Canyons, where it was viewed by all visitors for 50 years until it was looted by a gray brute (a towering skinless gecko twisted into humanoid form) during a battle, and brought to the creature's home of Buffvile.

Exactly 100 years later, the demon was slain.  No sooner did this happen than the jewel was simultaneously claimed by seven leaders from afar.

For the next 50 years, it was stolen back and forth through a series of heists and plots, until it was at last claimed by some random zombie during a necromancer attack.  Said zombie went on to gain a number of kills and now goes by the name Clobberscrapes.  The legendary jewel still rests in his rotting hands today.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2021, 02:58:54 am »

Thats...pretty gruesome and excessive. The draenei child that got beheaded got off lucky - as can be seen, one of the three was burned alive, and the other hacked to pieces - yes, they were all kids.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2022, 05:04:51 pm »

"In the late summer of 401, the Certain Spider defeated the Fed Steel of the Occult Princess and took over Monsterbreached.  The new government was called The Spidery Spiders."

DwarfUli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 12:48:31 pm »

I am a big fan of vampires and my latest world has the coolest story line  :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only 1 vampire in the whole world. He is 400 years old, and the druid leader of the elves. To my amazement, him and one other elf are the only elves left in the world, all the others read as "reanimated elf". There is a goblin tower very close to the last elven stronghold that holds its leadership of two. I noticed this screenshot was one of the first ones after I made the world. Have his surviving children been reanimated to undead since I started the world? I think there might be little time before this vampire burrows somewhere.

I understand that the vampire would have survived, but who is this other elf? Its not a vampire, and its not reanimated. So why is the druid not turning the other elf into a vampire or killing them? Is the vampire herbalist keeping one elf alive to slowly feed from? Who knows...

The vampire's skills are pretty amazing

What is also note-worthy is that the vampire is obsessed with foot races, despite losing all but two races. There are 10 listed foot races, and in some events the vampire was already 300 years old.

My main concerns:

1) Keep that last elf alive and safe from golbin necromancers.

2) Have a dwarf of my choosing infected with vampiric blood.

3) Create a squad of 5 vampiric speardorfs to;

4) Contain or kill the druid vampire elf and rule the world.

Such fun!  :)

Edit: oh wow, seems like 99% of dwarves also read as reanimated. This might become more difficult than at first thought. Seems necromancers once again are causing much trouble...

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:02:46 pm by DwarfUli »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2022, 11:00:13 pm »

Gremlin shenanigans. One of my adventurers became king, after coming out of retirement, I was able to offer the position to npcs. The demon in charge of the local goblin civ declined, so I found a gremlin. Same adventurer was made king two more times after this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 07:01:36 am »

All hail the gremlin king

CuriousNecromancers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2022, 06:41:58 am »

Some very strange shit is happening in my world. As I saw in Legends viewer, the queen of my civilization seems to have recently participated in a goblin attack on one of my civilization's holdings, on the side of goblins (in an aptly named Outrageous War). She also dreams of becoming immortal, and is listed as former member of my civ, and present member of a goblin civ.

Is it a bug? Should I assassinate my own queen, just out of caution?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2022, 11:07:17 am »

Some very strange shit is happening in my world. As I saw in Legends viewer, the queen of my civilization seems to have recently participated in a goblin attack on one of my civilization's holdings, on the side of goblins (in an aptly named Outrageous War). She also dreams of becoming immortal, and is listed as former member of my civ, and present member of a goblin civ.

Is it a bug? Should I assassinate my own queen, just out of caution?

Interesting.  Does she have an alternate identity?
Pages: 1 [2] 3