Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode World Gen Question  (Read 1518 times)

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode World Gen Question
« on: October 15, 2021, 03:29:31 pm »

I'm playing with Masterwork, which may be the problem. Whenever I try to roll up a human in any world I've generated all my spawn choices are either non human places (like dwarf fortresses), or if I select the right faction, only human hamlets. Nothing but hamlets. No fortresses or anything else. This makes it really hard to follow any of the suggested guides, as they lack the gear you want at the start. And the dwarven fortresses of course have only small gear, which doesn't fit humans...

Is this due to Masterwork? Or am I just getting poor world spawns with undeveloped humans? Or what? I'm at a loss here.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode World Gen Question
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 02:27:42 am »

World generation questions are always hard to answer if you're an adventurer. I find the world will explain itself if you are willing to play it and read lots.
If you're wanting specific world generator advice I'm sure there's a specific thread around here, too bad the search function is a little clunk.
Welcome.

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode World Gen Question
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 01:10:18 pm »

World generation questions are always hard to answer if you're an adventurer. I find the world will explain itself if you are willing to play it and read lots.
If you're wanting specific world generator advice I'm sure there's a specific thread around here, too bad the search function is a little clunk.
Welcome.

Yeah the search has been not great, and I've had great difficulty deciphering map icons, but I guess I'll just keep going.