Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible Climbing Bug?  (Read 2007 times)

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible Climbing Bug?
« on: October 20, 2021, 11:04:22 am »

I've had my guy practicing climbing on a block wall of a shop I found, and it went as expected. Sucked at first, and he improved, that was until I hit the Adept Climber level of skill. Now every single climb movement I make except climbing straight up from the ground results in an immediate fall. Sometimes you can recover from the fall, but you remain in the same space and don't move to the next. So I can no longer move while climbing. Not sure why or what's wrong, or if it's a bug or something I've somehow screwed up? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Climbing Bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 03:12:35 pm »

Did he get swole or gain weight? Is it a different wall? Has it started raining? Are you perhaps climbing up into the air off of the side of a building before the roof, sometimes this happens and it's pretty much what you're explaining.
You could make a camp and build a single tile Tower of fortifications. Climbing the corner allows single button presses and you can grind climbing pretty well.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 10:34:39 pm »

I've had my guy practicing climbing on a block wall of a shop I found, and it went as expected. Sucked at first, and he improved, that was until I hit the Adept Climber level of skill. Now every single climb movement I make except climbing straight up from the ground results in an immediate fall. Sometimes you can recover from the fall, but you remain in the same space and don't move to the next. So I can no longer move while climbing. Not sure why or what's wrong, or if it's a bug or something I've somehow screwed up? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.
Did you sleep and wake up stunned?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 08:16:36 am »

Did he get swole or gain weight? Is it a different wall? Has it started raining? Are you perhaps climbing up into the air off of the side of a building before the roof, sometimes this happens and it's pretty much what you're explaining.
You could make a camp and build a single tile Tower of fortifications. Climbing the corner allows single button presses and you can grind climbing pretty well.

I was the same wall and part of the wall over a couple successive in game days, so that's not the issue. It wasn't raining. And I've tried another wall since at another site.

I'm sure he gained some muscle mass, but would it be enough to suddenly not be able to climb? I'll try without any gear on and see if that makes a difference.

Always wake up stunned, but wasn't trying to climb while stunned.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 09:42:41 am »

Always wake up stunned, but wasn't trying to climb while stunned.
Yes, as stated on that report, the bug is that you still can't climb even after the stunned status goes away. Try waiting for an hour and then see if you can climb again.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.