Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.05] Nova's Cavern Plants  (Read 1774 times)

Nova Solarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[47.05] Nova's Cavern Plants
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:50:36 pm »

I have been playing Dwarf Fortress for a while now, and one of my minor gripes with it is that the selection of subterranean plants seems lacking. Over a hundred surface plants exist, not counting the trees, and what does the underground get? Five edible plants, one inedible one and zero trees with edible growths. I decided to fix this by adding a couple additional plants to the caverns for a little more variety, and this is the result.

So what does it contain? Five new farmable plants and two fruit-bearing underground trees. Two of these plants and one tree are found in the first cavern layer and below, another two plants and the second tree are found in the second cavern layer and below, and the final plant is only found in the third cavern layer. As an added bonus, three of the five plants and one of the trees can also grow in dry caverns, making those slightly less useless. Four of the seven are brewable, five are edible raw and six can be cooked with.

Excerpt from the diaries of Ast "Greenfingers" Boltletter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pre-answered questions and known issues:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Install instructions: just drop the file in raw/objects, then start a new save. If you really want to use this mod with an old save, you can copy the file to data/save/[save folder]/raw/objects. I don't think it will break anything, but I'm not providing support if you do that.

Download link: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15708
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 04:59:06 pm by Nova Solarius »

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Nova's Cavern Plants
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 12:59:13 am »

Honestly, I think this mod's pretty neat. Adds some decent flavor to the caves, and I like the lore you wrote for each plant.