Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question about trade  (Read 1195 times)

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A question about trade
« on: October 24, 2021, 07:40:58 am »

I've returned to the game after a long pause after hearing that you can raid other settlements now. Question: can you still lock up caravan traders using walls so that they go insane eventually and die and you than pick up their goods for free without any consequences? Or you will get besieged eventually? I know that you can get besieged after attacking caravans, but will lethal solitary confinement yield the same result?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: A question about trade
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 09:19:55 am »

You can just seize their goods at the depot. You always get blamed when merchant goods don't make it off the map, regardless of what caused it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:51:10 am »

Fortress doesn't attract any migrants despite civilization not being dead. Can you explain this, please?
P.S. There was also no outpost liason
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 10:54:21 am by UristTheDwarf »

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 11:45:21 am »

Yeah guys, I fucked up somewhere. Should've just decontructed depot after they've unpacked the goods (does that still work?). Thank you anyway.
Either that, or my civ was suddenly genocided at some point.
P.S. Nevermind guys, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 01:58:30 pm by UristTheDwarf »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 06:21:01 pm »

Should've just decontructed depot after they've unpacked the goods (does that still work?).

This does still work.

Since the merchants leave the map, or at least weren't murdered by your dwarves, it won't be a war-causing act, but will result in them bringing less stuff next season (usually)