Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tile bug?  (Read 1835 times)

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tile bug?
« on: October 25, 2021, 10:11:58 pm »

Sometimes when playing in adventure mode some tiles seem to just ... stop working. If I make a new world, they're back again. In this current run I've lost a couple of random bits of terrain, I forget which off the top of my head, and campfires...if I put a campfire anywhere it just no longer shows up, regardless of visibility, time of day, terrain, etc. I can see that it's there in the [l]ook list, but it's tile isn't shown.

Anyone know the cause of this or how to fix it?

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Re: Tile bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 01:00:26 am »

You seem to have lots of problems.
Try resetting to vanilla.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 02:29:35 am »

Could be an issue with Text Will Be Text, if you're using it. TWBT doesn't play well with adventure mode, so you'll have to set PRINT_MODE to something else in data/init/init.txt.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 02:31:17 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 03:46:38 pm »

You seem to have lots of problems.
Try resetting to vanilla.

Doesn't interest me unfortunately.

Could be an issue with Text Will Be Text, if you're using it. TWBT doesn't play well with adventure mode, so you'll have to set PRINT_MODE to something else in data/init/init.txt.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.