Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords (Done)  (Read 21880 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2021, 02:07:13 pm »

Does that include unprocessed planets?
Also, what does it take to get one running, do we get the materials that turn or the turn after?

ACTACTACT Final Turn of Food given to Sandbank Incorporated.

I'd suggest we do the fleet for money. 50 Mil is enough for your planets and the shared ones.

I need 2 MF to pay off my debts though. And to sell the Machine on market for 15 MF. You got a machine to develop your farming world Jack? (Also unlucky an Ore planet didn't pop up.)

Actually, we could lose 2 Prestige each A1s? What other negatives are there to that?

Food: 2 Per turn.(Current-1)
Ore Stockpile: 0(2)
Machines: 1
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 0/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 3,000,000
Prestige: 6

Shared Planets:
Manufactory Planet Naboo(Shared with Sandbank Incorporated)
Myya(Recruitment, 0/-, Development needed.)
Aquatic Farming Planet(Development needed.)
Fleet Planet(Development needed.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 02:09:01 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2021, 03:10:00 pm »

Does that include unprocessed planets?
No, only settled ones.
Actually, we could lose 2 Prestige each A1s? What other negatives are there to that?
No negatives, unless you don't have any prestige (which you do have) then you can't get out of taxes.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2021, 03:30:08 pm »

So right now it's 20 Mil each.

Hmm... Makes more sense to get the prestige and take a loss than money. But this isn't as clear cut.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2021, 05:13:02 pm »

Sandbank Incorporated shall take both contracts.

@Tric: Maybe I pay your taxes in exchange for you forgiving the ore owed, then I can use that ore to make a ship, so we'll still be able explore with one fleet, while satisfying both contracts.  To be clear, we'd be jointly performing the Empire's contract, I would be completing the Merchant's contract (unless we get underbid, which is possible), I would pay 20 for taxes of your two world and shouldering the burden of Naboo's taxes, and using my 3 ore stockpile to get a fleet for exploring.

@Everyone: Who wants to buy star charts to a Shipbuilding world?  MF would be fine, although could also exchange for a short-term food contract.  Let me know if you are interested, and I'll put together an offer!  Get your own explorations efforts going (after you develop it).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2021, 05:37:06 pm »

Spoiler: Sandbank Incorporated (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT: Provide 1 fleet to the Merchant League for 45 MF.  If underbid, sell 2 machines to pay taxes. Pay taxes on 5 planets Jack, Sandbank, Naboo, Zestia, and Zarnia.
Provide 1 fleet towards Imperial Levy (hopefully with TricMagic producing and providing 1 army).  Use 3 ore to manufacture 1 fleet.  Send all fleets exploring (1 if bid successful, 2 if bid unsuccessful).

@Kashyyk: You up for the same deal with me that you had last turn with Tric?
Quote from: Kaskyyk & Jack Best Friends for One Turn
For one turn, Kashyyk agrees to provide EuchreJack with 3 Ore and 1 Food, with which EuchreJack will manufacture 3 machines on Naboo.  EuchreJack shall provide Kashyyk 2 machines and keep 1 machine as payment for use of Naboo's facilities.
x Sandbank Incorporated
x                                 

EDITED to pay Tric's taxes as I said I would.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2021, 05:59:12 pm »

I compiled a "map" of known space, in the form of a published sheet.

I used forum member names instead of realm names, as it primarily exists to help know which forum members have which resources.

(Also, the Shipyard Moon is Unnamed.  I named it Euchre Moon briefly to test the link and my ability to update it, but maybe someone wants to pay to name it?)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2021, 06:12:44 pm »

Sandbank Incorporated shall take both contracts.

@Tric: Maybe I pay your taxes in exchange for you forgiving the ore owed, then I can use that ore to make a ship, so we'll still be able explore with one fleet, while satisfying both contracts.  To be clear, we'd be jointly performing the Empire's contract, I would be completing the Merchant's contract (unless we get underbid, which is possible), I would pay 20 for taxes of your two world and shouldering the burden of Naboo's taxes, and using my 3 ore stockpile to get a fleet for exploring.

@Everyone: Who wants to buy star charts to a Shipbuilding world?  MF would be fine, although could also exchange for a short-term food contract.  Let me know if you are interested, and I'll put together an offer!  Get your own explorations efforts going (after you develop it).

@Jack, agreed on that. You got an extra fleet ready in the wings? I got the army. 5EJ/4TM split on prestige, though for the latter you may need to buy food from someone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2021, 06:19:13 pm »

@Tric: Yeah, your one food is going to the shipyard, so I'll have at least that fleet at end of turn.  Thanks for the 5 Prestige.

@a1s: Do we have the star charts to each other's worlds, or are those hidden (and need exploration/trade to find)?
(I figure we don't actually know where the other player's worlds are located currently, otherwise Tric & I could just steamroll everyone now)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2021, 06:32:21 pm »

@a1s: Do we have the star charts to each other's worlds, or are those hidden (and need exploration/trade to find)?
(I figure we don't actually know where the other player's worlds are located currently, otherwise Tric & I could just steamroll everyone now)
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to invade Imperial Worlds? Because that would be treason.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2021, 06:42:37 pm »

@Jack: I'd actually be interested in buying a fleet from you. I have the Ore, and the Food if necessary. How much would you charge?

Tax and actions pending.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2021, 07:14:46 pm »

@Tric: Yeah, your one food is going to the shipyard, so I'll have at least that fleet at end of turn.  Thanks for the 5 Prestige.

No problem.

ACTACTACT: 1 Food to Produce 1 Army for Jack's Contract(Receive 4 Prestige). Sandbank Incorporated is paying for our taxes in exchange for the (Illusionary) Ore from previous contracts.

To note, if they don't do the Machine Contract, I'm willing to use mine on the farming world promised to you. So long as the Ore world promised to me is developed. (We didn't have anything on other worlds, so Myya and Euchre are kinda a grey zone. More yours than mine though, I just want an Ore world so I can get some income. This relationship between us isn't going anywhere though.)
Wait, we need ten machines for a planet.. Well.

Food: 2 Per turn.(Current-)
Ore Stockpile: 0
Machines: 1
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 0/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 3,000,000
Prestige: 10

Shared Planets:
Manufactory Planet Naboo(Shared with Sandbank Incorporated)
Myya(Recruitment, 0/-, Development needed.)
Aquatic Farming Planet(Development needed.)
Euchre (Shipbuilding, Development needed.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 07:16:21 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2021, 07:39:49 pm »

@Jack: I'd actually be interested in buying a fleet from you. I have the Ore, and the Food if necessary. How much would you charge?
First, you would have to agree not to use the fleet to satisfy the Merchant League Contract or current Empire Levy Contract.  Tric & I need the money.
Second, Tric & I would be delaying our exploration, although we do need to focus on machines, so your offer is tempting.

Quote from: Kashyyk's Glorious Conquest Fleet Contract
EuchreJack hereby agrees to provide Kashyyk one brand new fleet in exchange for 3 ore and 1 food.  Kashyyk agrees to only use the fleet for EXPLORATION until next turn.
x General EuchreJack of Sandbank Incorporated
x                                                                   

@Tric: Sorry to delay exploration, but I have a contract regarding world development.
Quote from: The Great TricJack Empire Exchange
Sandbank Incorporated and Space Lord of Zarnia hereby agree to colonize one Farming Aquatic Planet hereby called Britannia for Sandbank Incorporated and a future discovered Mining World for Space Lord of Zarnia with a sum total of 20 machines, with each party providing 10 machines.
x                                                                 

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2021, 07:58:22 pm »

First, you would have to agree not to use the fleet to satisfy the Merchant League Contract or current Empire Levy Contract.  Tric & I need the money.
Second, Tric & I would be delaying our exploration, although we do need to focus on machines, so your offer is tempting.

Quote from: Kashyyk's Glorious Conquest Fleet Contract
EuchreJack hereby agrees to provide Kashyyk one brand new fleet in exchange for 3 ore and 1 food.  Kashyyk agrees to only use the fleet for EXPLORATION until next turn.
x                                                                   

@Tric: Sorry to delay exploration, but I have a contract regarding world development.
Quote from: The Great TricJack Empire Exchange
Sandbank Incorporated and Space Lord of Zarnia hereby agree to colonize one Farming Aquatic Planet hereby called Britannia for Sandbank Incorporated and a future discovered Mining World for Space Lord of Zarnia with a sum total of 20 machines, with each party providing 10 machines.
x                                                                 

I'll note the major problem with this is providing those machines Jack. I don't have enough income for that without selling food and buying ore. I'm fine with it being mostly informal, providing food at cost in exchange for building up ore stockpiles to terraform the farming planet. At which point you will be able to provide yourself.
Hell, I'm fine not making any profit so long as you are willing to pay taxes as they come up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2021, 08:08:48 pm »

@Tric: Ok, informal is fine.  I realize that you only have the one machine to realistically donate towards developing the farming world, but since we don't know when you'll get your mining world and I need 10 machines for the colonization (or 3+3+3+1), having your assistance now in exchange for my assistance later is a pretty good deal for me, upon detailed analysis.

I can't say much about taxes for ore.  It made sense this turn, since I owed you 3 ore and the taxes were 30 for your two worlds and our shared world.  It might not make sense in the future.  I guess we'll see what future opportunities exist for me to pay your taxes.  :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2021, 08:23:34 pm »

Generally, your current trades Ore for food. But that ore needs put towards machines.

Not a huge issue, we can work out the detail as they become relevant.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34