Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords (Done)  (Read 21740 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 10:39:51 am »

TURNTURNTURN

The feast goes through without a hitch, and TricMagic gets all the glory for it.

One of the manufacturing planets on the fringe of the empire has failed to recognize the new Emperor and raised the flag of rebellion. Emperor promises to grant rulership over it to whoever can put it down.
Quote from: Restoring Order (Imperial Levy)
Provide 1 fleet and 2 armies in exchange for a manufacturing planet
Due to a recent pirate attack a prominent merchant needs cash quickly.
Quote from: Ore Galore (League Request)
provide 50M₣ in exchange for up to 5 ore
(LRs are an auction and will go to the lowest bidder.)
Tax season!
Quote from: Turn 2 taxes (tax)
Provide 10M₣ per planet owned or lose 2 prestige
(Missions may or may not expire at the end of the turn.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 11:07:17 am »

Currently on Bid, 1 Army for 20M₣. Highest Bidder. Next turn will result in a second army being granted to the winner.

Farming Planet Zesta. +3 Food per turn.
Recruitment Planet(And capital) Zarnia. 1/3 Armies.

Food Stockpile" 1. (+1 per turn.)
Ore Stockpile: -
Machinery Production: -
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 1/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 0
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:09:06 am by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 01:19:30 pm »

Food can not be stockpiled.
Also, I don't know what arrangement you had in mind, but just giving someone an army won't work- unsupported armies are destroyed at the end of turn (and TricMagic has the only recruitment planet.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »

K, I'll up the starting bid to 30MF, for 2 armies next turn.

Also nice to know on the food front.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 02:20:42 pm »

Kashyyk, we don't actually need the ore league request at all in the short term because your production saturates my consumption (the only consumption available), but if you want to pick up extra ore in case of missions potentially demanding it, it would be better if we cooperate so as to get the most ore and not outbid each other, so I offer these two options:
Quote from: Excellent Special Ore Contract
Both Maximum Spin and Kashyyk agree to provide 25 M₣ each to fulfill the Ore Galore league request in exchange for five ore. This ore will be divided such that each of the two contributors receives two units, and the remaining unit will be held jointly pending future contract.
or if you'd rather not have one in limbo and are willing to pay for it,
Quote from: Alternative Excellent Special Ore Contract
Maximum Spin agrees to provide 20 M₣ and Kashyyk agrees to provide 30 M₣ to fulfill the Ore Galore league request in exchange for five ore. Maximum Spin will consequently receive 2 units of ore and Kashyyk will receive 3 units of ore.
I am cool with doing neither since you get three ore per turn anyway, it's up to you.

I also make the following offer for TricMagic:
Quote from: GGNORE Contract
If and only if the Restoring Order levy mission is still available next turn and at least one fleet is contractually available to Maximum Spin for use for such mission, Maximum Spin offers 10 M₣ this turn in exchange for two armies to be provided by TricMagic, along with said fleet to be provided by Maximum Spin, to undertake said mission. Proceeds from such mission will belong to Maximum Spin, except insofar as he may otherwise contract with other players. If the mission is not available next turn or no fleet can be contracted, the armies will not be required and the 10 M₣ must be returned.

Kashyyk again, I would be interested in another fleet-production contract like the last one,
Quote from: Super Lucky Wonderful Contract
Kashyyk agrees to give three (3) ore to Maximum Spin. In exchange, Maximum Spin agrees to produce one (1) fleet to be used for mutual benefit. For insurance purposes, Maximum Spin will be the controller of the fleet, but agrees that the fleet will only be used for mutual profit unless re-organized by future contract accepted by both parties.
I would also like to discuss using one of our contract fleets, regardless of how many we end up having, to perform the Restoring Order mission IFF it is still available at a point when all the requirements can be assembled, ie, largely depending on Tric's willingness. (By the way, if you want to contract with him separately to offer better terms than I did, that's fine, no harm done really, and won't affect my offer to you.) If we do accomplish that, I am willing to contract that the manufacturing planet and any other proceeds be held jointly to the same conditions as the fleet(s).

Lastly, I pay my taxes, 20 megaFlorins to the imperial money-burning pits.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2021, 02:29:25 pm »

No go MS. I need the tax money now. If you can't even pay 20MF, I can't do so.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2021, 02:35:23 pm »

Actually, hold on, quick question.
a1s, does failure to pay taxes cost 2 prestige per planet unfunded, so that it would be possible to partly pay one's taxes, or is it the whole thing or 2 prestige? I interpreted it the first way, but it's actually not clear.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2021, 02:39:35 pm »

It's the second way: You either pay taxes in full or the Emperor is upset with you (and you lose prestige). Since the Emperor is going to be upset anyway, there's no reason to pay part.  ;)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2021, 02:41:35 pm »

Ahhh, okay.
Revised:
Quote from: Kinder, Gentler GGNORE Contract
If and only if the Restoring Order levy mission is still available next turn and at least one fleet is contractually available to Maximum Spin for use for such mission, Maximum Spin offers 20 M₣ this turn in exchange for two armies to be provided by TricMagic, along with said fleet to be provided by Maximum Spin, to undertake said mission. Proceeds from such mission will belong to Maximum Spin, except insofar as he may otherwise contract with other players. If the mission is not available next turn or no fleet can be contracted, the armies will not be required and the 20 M₣ must be returned.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2021, 03:14:51 pm »

Ahhh, okay.
Revised:
Quote from: Kinder, Gentler GGNORE Contract
If and only if the Restoring Order levy mission is still available next turn and at least one fleet is contractually available to Maximum Spin for use for such mission, Maximum Spin offers 20 M₣ this turn in exchange for two armies to be provided by TricMagic, along with said fleet to be provided by Maximum Spin, to undertake said mission. Proceeds from such mission will belong to Maximum Spin, except insofar as he may otherwise contract with other players. If the mission is not available next turn or no fleet can be contracted, the armies will not be required and the 20 M₣ must be returned.

Given monopoly, the only one who could argue would be your ore supplier. [I'll come back to this after asking the below question.] Still feel it's a bit unfair long-term though, since you get access to machinery needed to settle new planets, and are the only one who can make fleets to find them. Thing is, I'm also the one with a monopoly on armies.

A1s, what's the selling point for mercenary work? (how much do armies sell for.)

Farming Planet Zesta. +3 Food per turn.
Recruitment Planet(And capital) Zarnia. 1/3 Armies.

Food: 1. (+5,000,000 per turn.)
Ore Stockpile: -
Machinery Production: -
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 1/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 0

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2021, 03:29:32 pm »

A1s, what's the selling point for mercenary work? (how much do armies sell for.)
Except in missions, which are presumably variable, they don't.

If you're willing to offer prestige, we might come to different terms. Make me an offer.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2021, 03:36:20 pm »

Except in missions, which are presumably variable, they don't.
This is correct. Both about army sales and missions.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2021, 05:31:46 pm »

I'm happy to pass on the Ore Galore contract tbh. I would however offer you an alternate to Super Lucky Wonderful Contract:

Quote from: Itsy Bitsy Shipsy Splitsy
Kashyyk will provide Maximum Spin with 3 Ore in exchange for Maximum Spin's 50% share in the Awesome Fun-Time Happy Ship.

Either way, I'll be producing three Ore and selling my spare food to the League (+5 MF, then paying Taxes (-20MF)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2021, 06:18:13 pm »

Joining up and looking to buy food. Any sellers?

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2021, 06:33:05 pm »

Space Duchess Dora Vixen
Vulpe Primus (Food Planet)
Vulpe Secondus (Food Planet)

And @IronyOwl, Space Duchess Dora Vixen is willing to trade 2 units of food for 2 unit of machines, via the following contract.

Quote from: Food Purchase Form #1
Space Duchess Dora Vixen provides IronyOwl with 2 units of food.
IronyOwl provides Space Duchess Dora Vixen with 2 units of machines immediately after production.
This Contract is only binding for a single turn of production from both signatories.

Signatories:
-SDDV
-
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:40:29 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34