Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords (Done)  (Read 21879 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2021, 02:20:22 am »

Edit to the Edit: what support do fleets and armies need each turn or do i need specifically an army planet to have armies?

My theory is that fleets are self-supporting, whereas armies need a recruitment world with sufficient support.  So you can't just buy an army, but rather you hire them and the support of the recruiting world, most likely for a term.  They're basically mercenaries, if that helps.

A recruiting world, like all other worlds, needs 1 food per turn to support armies, so keep that in mind when negotiating.  That 1 food could instead be sent to supply a mining world, a shipyard world, or a manufacturing world, but the armies supported by that recruiting world probably vanish if unsupported, so also keep in mind what the owner of the recruiting world could be giving up.  In other worlds, its probably worth more than 1 food.  I'd wager you'd need to offer a cash sum for initial use of the army, plus one food per turn of support.  Kinda expensive, but there is a shortage of recruiting worlds, for now...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2021, 08:49:05 am »

A1s, do armies disappear if the world doesn't receive food? If so, it would make more sense not to supply them. except when needed early on.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2021, 09:12:58 am »

Hm, good question!  Maybe they instead turn their swords to plowshares and become farmers on turns when they're not supplied?
Or looters...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2021, 09:23:03 am »

Hm, good question!  Maybe they instead turn their swords to plowshares and become farmers on turns when they're not supplied?
Or looters...
There is a reason it's called subsidence farming. If they don't disappear I'll probably be trading with you later on. If they do I'll be trading now.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2021, 10:26:02 am »

A1s, do armies disappear if the world doesn't receive food?
Yes they do. Armies are cheap enough as it is.

Turn coming in about 6 hours, unless someone needs an extension.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 10:28:06 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2021, 11:08:08 am »

Quote from: Standard Food for Ore Agreement
Party 1 (Sandbank Incorporated) agrees to exchange 1 ore for 1 food provided by Party 2, and Party 1 (Sandbank Incorporated) shall provide 1 M₣ this turn to Party 2.
x Sandbank Incorporated
x Space Lord of Zarnia, TricMagic     

ACTACTACT: I'll take 1 Ore and 1MF for 1 food, Sandbank Incorporated. Likewise,

Farming Planet Zesta. +3 Food per turn.
Recruitment Planet(And capital) Zarnia. 0/3 Armies.

Food: 2 Per turn.(Current-0)
Ore Stockpile: 1
Machinery Production: -
Shipyard Costs: -
Armies: 0/3.
Fleets: 0/0

Imperial Florins (M₣): 1,000,000
Prestige: 6

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2021, 11:19:23 am »

Uh Tric, to clarify you won't be getting the ore until the turn processes.  I have to use the 3 ore that I have to create the fleet, so you'll get 1 of the 3 ore my planet produces with your 1 food.  Hence why you're getting the MegaFlorin.  But you will have it next turn do with as you wish.  I'll give you the first turn use of our manufacturing planet, as I can guess you might want to be using your ore there.

What are your thoughts on exploration and colonization?  If you give me first rights on a farming world, I'll give you first rights on a recruiting world.  We could pool our resources in the future towards acquiring more planets.  I'm afraid our combined worlds might be scaring off other partners, however.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2021, 11:25:56 am »

Uh Tric, to clarify you won't be getting the ore until the turn processes.  I have to use the 3 ore that I have to create the fleet, so you'll get 1 of the 3 ore my planet produces with your 1 food.  Hence why you're getting the MegaFlorin.  But you will have it next turn do with as you wish.  I'll give you the first turn use of our manufacturing planet, as I can guess you might want to be using your ore there.

What are your thoughts on exploration and colonization?  If you give me first rights on a farming world, I'll give you first rights on a recruiting world.  We could pool our resources in the future towards acquiring more planets.  I'm afraid our combined worlds might be scaring off other partners, however.

I would want an ore world more than a recruiting one. And k on the ore next turn, that's fine.
Also, I'll give you rights to use the manufacturing world next turn. I can't use it till the turn after under current conditions. If that includes pushing back my ore payment to that turn, that's fine too, then I'd have 3 Ore.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2021, 12:40:32 pm »

Well, I can make a ship to explore without your cooperation (but it would be slower), but the colonization really needs our combined efforts.
I'll note your preference for an Ore world, and my preference for a Food world.  I should probably formalize what I'm thinking next turn.
Would you be interested in "reinvesting" your one ore into a exploration ship?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2021, 01:00:50 pm »

Sure. Assuming it's a long-term contract. Issue is I need money for taxes if they come up. If you can pay that, I'll provide food for the exploration until an ore and food planet are found and cultivated.

Note that the Manufactory planet really doesn't need to be traded though, just shared in any profits. Main point of machines is filling certain orders or cultivating worlds.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2021, 05:28:49 pm »

House Bauer trades 2 Food to House Hakkyr
House Hakkyr trades 1 Ore and 10 MF to House Bauer
x House Bauer
x

ACTACTACT: I'll trade 2 Food for 1 Ore and 10 MF to House Hakkyr (IronyOwl)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2021, 06:22:37 pm »

I can't use 2 Food if I'm also dropping Ore this turn. It's gotta be 1 Food for 1 Ore or 1-2 Food for 10-20 mF.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2021, 06:30:06 pm »

I would be willing to sell up to 4 units of food for 10 MF each to any interested.

[Stats]
90 MF
Vulpes Primus (Food Planet)
Vulpes Secondus (Food Planet)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 06:43:49 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2021, 06:54:31 pm »

90 MF
I want this to be Lazy Fair, but I think I spotted a mistake here. Why do you think you have 90M₣?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2021, 07:10:47 pm »

TURNTURNTURN

General EuchreJack orchestrates the conquest of the filthy rebels and receives a manufacturing planet.

Lord IronyOwl furbishes the new wing of the palace and receives 5 prestige.

Lord Kashyyk, as the only bidder, receives the full 50M₣ for his and MS' fleet.

on to new business:

Emperor exhibits his own interest in piracy and orders the formation of a Counter-piracy task force
Quote from: Counter-piracy task force (Imperial Levy)
Provide 2 fleets and 1 army in exchange for 15 prestige

A shady character shows up, offering to offload some machinery, if you don't ask where it came from
Quote from: Not totally legal machinery (League Request)
receive 5 machines for at least 75M₣. Lose 1 prestige if you do.
(this one is a normal auction- the highest bidder wins)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34